Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Did any Iron Man / Hulk / Captain America fans watch it last night? It wasn't as good / action packed as I thought it would be :(

Covstu

I think it is a typical 1st episode, get to know the characters then the story kicks in. I still have hope!

WillieStanley

Struggles with the acting. Particularly Skye. I'd say it's more for Whedon fans than Marvel fans. Plus if you look at his history of tv work - Buffy started slow, as did Angel, Firefly and Dollhouse. It's worth watching for the dialogue. You're not going to get as much action as the films but you are going to get great overarching storylines and storytelling as well as awesome character development. It was cool to see Nick Fury!

Sky Blue Harry H

I let my lad stay up to watch it on Sat night (he's 7 and a half) - he's a huge Marvel fan. It left him bored. He wanted to enjoy it, but left him flat. Although it's pitched at a higher age group, he's sharp as a button and knows all about SHIELD etc. Didn't ask him, but I think he'd have given it 5 out of 10 judged by his reaction!

WillieStanley

It's early days. It was never going to be as action packed as Avengers. It's going to be very character based. A lot of focus on "The Team" and as they appear to be above the level of SHIELD previously seen or written about, it's not going to pay much attention to cannon. It's not perfect but has great potential!

shmmeee

I quite like it, but I'll eat anything even vaguely comic book related up, I even enjoyed DareDevil!

lordsummerisle

I quite like it, but I'll eat anything even vaguely comic book related up, I even enjoyed DareDevil!

Daredevil unfairly maligned in my opinion, far better than given credit for.

A "Born Again" based Daredevil film would be excellent, but would need to be re-established as a character first.

lordsummerisle

Have to say it hasn't really grabbed me yet.

Thought that the indestructible black bloke in the first one was going to be Luke Cage, unfortunately not.

Think that they are looking at a few more TV series though featuring the "street-level" heroes, such as Cage, and Daredevil.

Would love a decent Doctor Strange film or TV series though.

covcity4life

its a great show

they advertised from the start it is about the shield teams that do the little things you dont know about,not about the avengers

it does in twine though, next weeks episode is set just after thor 2 i think.

Users who are viewing this thread