After the game (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Yeah, I said to my lad it was almost like a last game of the season kind of thing.

ccfc92

In all my days supporting City I can rarely remember such a connect between fans, players and manager,

It’s bloody brilliant.

Particularly in an era of players being kept away from fans through security and not as accessible like in years gone by in pubs, chip shops etc.

I was lucky to meet the squad at Southend before lockdown, MR was already on the coach and I popped my head in to ask for a pic and he come off the coach which he didn't need to, top bloke.

Brighton Sky Blue

Gobsmacked how many fans stayed in the stadium
Feels like something special happening

Was quite close to where Jones gave his shirt to a young lad, then Hamer took a younger one for some photos for his dad. Both were really made up and sure we’ve just created fans for life in the process. Yes we’ll have defeats at home this season but they really cannot be faulted for effort

Wiseoldfool

Particularly in an era of players being kept away from fans through security and not as accessible like in years gone by in pubs, chip shops etc.

I was lucky to meet the squad at Southend before lockdown, MR was already on the coach and I popped my head in to ask for a pic and he come off the coach which he didn't need to, top bloke.

My grandson had his photo taken with the whole squad including the coach driver, something he'll never forget.I'm 72 and it's arguably better than the JH era.

Sbarcher

Seppala was there today so hopefully she can see what it means to the people of Coventry
Like most, never been a fan of SISU, but give Joy her due, looks like she has given MR all the backing he has required. Obviously the motive is to make a return but I think she might now be a member of the SBA!

Skyblueweeman

Like most, never been a fan of SISU, but give Joy her due, looks like she has given MR all the backing he has required. Obviously the motive is to make a return but I think she might now be a member of the SBA!

The clubs still being run on an extremely tight budget. I don't think he's been given everything he might have wanted. Not saying he's been turned down for anything but I know they're still running a very tight ship.

lifeskyblue

My grandson had his photo taken with the whole squad including the coach driver, something he'll never forget.I'm 72 and it's arguably better than the JH era.

I agree. Players, manager, fans all as one. Great to see. Moore is a man possessed when we score/win and after game the connection is fantastic. I just hope the fans can remain as positive when we go through a bit of a rough patch. This bodes well if we keep the core of players, Robins and positivity…perhaps not this season but perhaps next (fingers crossed )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I’m not one to post on social media but the other Earlsdon has seen it for those doubting…but after keeping us up last season, I sent Robins a tenner and a note saying thanks I would get you apint if I could, but thank you for everything you have done to make us a team to be proud of again.
He sent a signed picture back saying thank you very much and I’ll make sure it’s just a half for Adi Vivash! It’s now hanging framed in the dining room.

Top bloke.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Someone next to me joked “you’d think we’d won the league.”

I’ve never known a feeling like it while following the city. Something special happening for sure. Everyone pulling in one direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God yes what would it be like if the team won something.

Warwickhunt

Just said the same to my lad! he said how’s the match on Saturday and I said “really good Son! I think something special is happening”

Sick Boy

I’m not one to post on social media but the other Earlsdon has seen it for those doubting…but after keeping us up last season, I sent Robins a tenner and a note saying thanks I would get you apint if I could, but thank you for everything you have done to make us a team to be proud of again.
He sent a signed picture back saying thank you very much and I’ll make sure it’s just a half for Adi Vivash! It’s now hanging framed in the dining room.

Top bloke.
That’s brilliant!!

pusbccfc

Middlesbrough fans were saying it was like watching a club that had been reborn. They are right. We've got our club back. We've been away from Coventry, we've gone as low as you can. We appreciate everything.

Robins and plenty in the squad saw the club at the lowest it's ever been. Nothing builds connection like it.

Robins is a true legend of this football club.

Sky Blue Pete

Middlesbrough fans were saying it was like watching a club that had been reborn. They are right. We've got our club back. We've been away from Coventry, we've gone as low as you can. We appreciate everything.

Robins and plenty in the squad saw the club at the lowest it's ever been. Nothing builds connection like it.

Robins is a true legend of this football club.
The vlog from Middlesbrough end says the atmosphere was brilliant. They thought they were awful. Not sure they were awful

Malaka

I have to agree. Now this has been mentioned, I realised I waited until the players came over so I could show my appreciation, which is something I rarely did in the past.

christonabike

Im up for sending Mark Robins a tenner! Maybe we could all do it and he could use it at the end of the season to do as he wishes with it!

Great_Expectations

I posted this after the game on against Reading on 21st August:

'Said on the match thread; the togetherness of the players and the connection between fans and players is reminiscent of our promotion campaigns.

By no means saying the outcome will be the same, but it’s fantastic to be part of.

It feels like we’re all part of it and we’re a proper club.

Let’s hope it continues when we have an inevitable tough patch.'

I wasn't sure if I was just caught in the emotion at the time, but actually that feeling has got stronger and stronger ever since.

I didn't think the togetherness of the promotion campaigns could be rivalled, but this year we are on that same level already. It really is amazing to be part of and I genuinely look forward to the after the game celebrations with the players.

Users who are viewing this thread