After the 1st game what is needed? (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Finally got the first game done and dusted. A great 3pts.

What was evident is we need a bit more cover and depth.

LWB/LB we need some experience and cover. Not sure if IM went off injured in the end.

RWB/RB - Dacosta really isn’t a great option. Bit of a liability. Ideally some cover in this position

CB - good to see Rose step up and get 45mins. Looked very good. But we need more cover at the back and a bit more pace.

CM - we won’t be able to rely on Sheaf and Hamer as a central pair. Hamer does better with a Kelly/James type next to him. Kelly back in training but we need some kind of experience player there.

Attack- think we will be fine. Enough there with Bright stepping up fitness and Godden back

Doubt we can get all these players in but maybe the few to come in are versatile enough.

the rumpo kid

Bit of calm required here .
Most of our players haven't played at the CBS before , it could have been a bit overwhelming , big expectations from the fans .
So don't be to rash about changes ,
I'm not a fan of de Costa , but that aside it was an ok performance.
And we deservedly won.
Ref was dog shite and missed two stone wall pens.
So we won and we will get better just like we have before .

PUSB.

AFCCOVENTRY

Bit of calm required here .
Most of our players haven't played at the CBS before , it could have been a bit overwhelming , big expectations from the fans .
So don't be to rash about changes ,
I'm not a fan of de Costa , but that aside it was an ok performance.
And we deservedly won.
Ref was dog shite and missed two stone wall pens.
So we won and we will get better just like we have before .

PUSB.

Good points. But we do require a bit more cover and depth in key positions. Hopefully be addressed by the end of the month.

Hobo

Some calm heads on the terraces. It will be a long season. Just enjoy it and support the players who on the whole are youngsters learning their trade.

CB and experienced CM. Wouldnt mind someone who can play LCD and LWB - if budget can stretch and in an ideal world.

slowpoke

To play that system to get our defence rock solid sounds like Clarke-Salter is on his way next week but think another CB might be needed.
Also MR needs to find a way to play Jones and O’Hare together and what happens if Bright emerges as we know he can, a nice delema to have.
Good points. But we do require a bit more cover and depth in key positions. Hopefully be addressed by the end of the month.
That for me makes Martin Cranie a good signing for us he can play all across the back four a great addition for our defence.

SlowerThanPlatt

To play that system to get our defence rock solid sounds like Clarke-Salter is on his way next week but think another CB might be needed.
Also MR needs to find a way to play Jones and O’Hare together and what happens if Bright emerges as we know he can, a nice delema to have.

That for me makes Martin Cranie a good signing for us he can play all across the back four a great addition for our defence.

We’re not signing Cranie

Kingokings204

We got away with one today. Much improved second half and deserved it in the end but dacosta can’t ever get another game. First half was atrocious. Robins got it wrong. He isn’t a championship footballer and that’s that. It’s criminal of Robins not to address dacosta really. We all saw last season he isn’t good enough by a long chalk and should never have been near today’s side.

we badly need an ostigard type at the back and a commanding centre mid. Sheaf and hamer don’t cut it. Both ok back ups but compared to Matty James and kelly it’s obvious which pairing is miles better.

Up front and goalies look ok to me.

Essexrobbie

Cm, I was amazed how little options there were from midfield when the back line had the ball. Few in the side wanted the ball into feet and there was a def lack of imagination, other than O'Hare and Jones when he came on. So in my humble opinion someone just to be the route from defence to attack is a must.

fatso

We got the points which is all that really matters.

But some observations, Maatsen did ok, but we are desperately short (no pun intended) in that area, DaCosta isn't good enough and needs replacing, we need at least 2 CB, McFadz was immense, but he's unlikely to play 40+ games at his age.
We need a cool head in midfield, and we picked up needless yellow cards again.

But, Moore looked better than we feared, Rose looked good, Jones is back !!!
And Gyrokres will score plenty given the chances.

theferret

We need more so called Coventry fans to get up to the CBS Arena and support the club not just pay lip service
First game back, and if you believe the attendance, we only had around 16000 home fans in the ground

If you believe the attendance, there were 17,200 city fans in the ground (just saying). An why wouldn't you believe it? I'd have struggled to find more than 12,500 empty seats, but I guess a few ST holders were away. Also, the second highest Championship attendance of the weekend, for a televised fixture too. We'll see what its like for Reading without the cameras and £30 excuse.

I was really encouraged by the performance yesterday. Defensively we definitely need cover/options. I'm not sure I buy into this criticism of the midfield, I though we dominated in possession and territorially; just a few sloppy passes and first half lacked ideas, but it was the opening game on the back of a very disjointed pre-season, but yes, with Eccles out for a while and Kelly with regular injury issues, we need another body in there.

shmmeee

I think we got more yellows than we deserved yesterday TBF. If I was Hamer I’d have got booked for dissent too, ref was an absolute joker.

Maatsen showed some glimpses and will improve defensively. I always remember Dabo’s debut when he looked shocking and look at him now.

Get a LCB in for Barnsley and hopefully another CB to cover for Fadz and I’ll be pretty happy.

AOM

Same as before the game: 2 x CB, CM, LWB. Only change is Jodi looked OK stepping in at LWB so slightly less of a priority.

If Moore plays like that he’ll be fine.

Definitely agree with this.
I think Maatsen will come good, but we could do with an experienced head at LWB/LB as well.

If we can only get one more CB in this transfer window, think I'd be happy to keep hold of Pask as cover

Colin Steins Smile

Encouraging second half yesterday. I think we need a LCB and experienced CM player asap. Given the restrictive budget that MR operates under it's probably unrealistic to expect anything more.

I thought Maatsen was okay, but given the way our wing backs play pushing forwards we desperately need quick left and right sided CB's.

ccfcricoh

We need more so called Coventry fans to get up to the CBS Arena and support the club not just pay lip service
First game back, and if you believe the attendance, we only had around 16000 home fans in the ground

The 2nd biggest attendance of the weekend only behind Sheffield United.

Our support is absolutely fine and fits the level we are at.

SlowerThanPlatt

The 2nd biggest attendance of the weekend only behind Sheffield United.

Our support is absolutely fine and fits the level we are at.

Well yes but that was helped by nearly 4k Forest fans, most teams at this level won’t bring that or even cater for that many! The Reading game will be interesting

shmmeee

Well yes but that was helped by nearly 4k Forest fans, most teams at this level won’t bring that or even cater for that many! The Reading game will be interesting

Take them all out and it’s still the fifth biggest attendance (17k)

Users who are viewing this thread