Affliction sky blue (1 Viewer)

wingy

Theres mention in another thread regarding taking young ones up to the Ricoh,and while responding to it ,raised the question ,who would do such a thing to a minor.For me it was my old man,he used to get freebies now and again from my uncle who worked on the sky blue pool.Can't remember the match,but i was about eight,so it was about 1965,all i remember was leaving the ground looking up to them ,as we walked along ,and smack straight into a lampost,it begs the question how could they do it to me,but i had the privelege of witnessing the greatest game in City's history,the 3-1 victory over the wolves ,along with 53000 odd others:D

Paxman II

I stood on the spion cop rattle in hand during that great promotion winning season. hard to think we generated enough interest in Coventry to get a gate so big??!!
Who says it can't ever be done again...

SkyBlueScottie

My Great Granddad was Sky Blue, my Granddad is Sky Blue, my Dad, my uncle are Sky Blue. My younger brother is Sky Blue I am Sky Blue and my eight year old boy is Sky Blue.

Every home game me, my son, my brother, my Dad, my Nan and Granddad are in attendance.

Astute

Well, I think it is best to do it from a young age. My eldest son is a season ticket holder......with Motherwell. Missed chance. Next eldest lad is a season ticket holder.....with Grimsby Town :eek: My next eldest son.....don't like football :D My youngest lad is two end of November. Never left him to chance. His first three initials are CCF and our surname begins with a C :p Only just failed with my second youngest daughter. Talked her mother into calling her Sky. When I said her middle name had to be Blue she said no chance. So I said it had to be Bleu. She told me to f**k right off and named her Hannah :laugh:

Start them young. Good revenge to what happened to yourself when you was younger :D

skybluebeduff

My Great Granddad was Sky Blue, my Granddad is Sky Blue, my Dad, my uncle are Sky Blue. My younger brother is Sky Blue I am Sky Blue and my eight year old boy is Sky Blue.

Every home game me, my son, my brother, my Dad, my Nan and Granddad are in attendance.

And a bucket of vindaloo?......... na na na :claping hands:

wingy

Ah those rattles Paxman what a season that was,i reckon we could fill this ground given those circumstances ,but capacity restrictions apart today we're competing with continental shift patterns ,social change ,other forms of entertainment,tv,how much would it have cost back in the day out of an average factory workers wage of around £30 per wk

wingy

My eldest son is a season ticket holder......with Motherwell. Could you get him to scout Tom hately and Cillian Sheridan for us while he's up there:D

Otis

I was a Chelsea supporter. Was on the way down on the train to see my beloved Chelsea from my home in Manchester. Was planning some time in the West End of London before heading to Stamford Bridge for the game.

Fell asleep on the train, woke up in Cov thinking it was London and asked the taxi driver to take me to the West End. He therefore took me to Highfield Road and to the turnstiles in the West End. Didn't even click when some bloke came up to me and said 'Ernie Hunt.' Thought it was just Cockney Rhymin Slang. Some other bloke was talking about Glazier and I just assumed someone had put the windows in on the Inter City Express.

Didn't even register at the ground til half-time either and besides, I spent most of the evening calling George Curtis 'Chopper' Harris!

The rest is history.

Last edited:

Astute

My eldest son is a season ticket holder......with Motherwell. Could you get him to scout Tom hately and Cillian Sheridan for us while he's up there:D

He scouted Jukey for us :D

Affliction/Addiction/Brainless

That must be me over the years

Take the season we were in Europe (yes folks Europe) - we got stuffed 6-1 by Bayern Munich away and we then played them at HR , obviously a dead rubber BUT I was there and at half time toddled off to the Gents but on the way out I fell over the steps and broke my ankle.

Hobbled back to my seat in absolute agony but stayed the course (we won 2-1) - my brother then took me to Cov & Warwick after the game and I ended up 8 weeks in plaster - mad or what ???

Yes and I would still do it again

PUSB

WillieStanley

My uncle, in the late 80's would throw me over a wall to get me in... I remember little as I must have been 3/4. Then in the early 90's he started to take me along fairly often. Along comes the 1996/97 season and all my prayers have been answered... MY VERY OWN SEASON TICKET!!

Not looked back since!

Otis

My uncle, in his late 80's would throw me over a wall.

Had nothing to do with football though.

Users who are viewing this thread