AFC Wimbledon Match Thread (3 Viewers)

SkyblueBazza

Ffs - why have a go at BG? He's saying it pretty much as a neutral would see things. On another day they could has gone in 2 up at half time. They had the best of the 1st half. We have gone 3-1 up with 1 almighty cock-up & a deflection. Not our best performance...BUT talk about showing character to do enough to win it (oops...counting my chickens now!)

sisu go home

Killer strike?
thinking%20about.gif
Guess you're right - it only resulted in a goal - stupid Baker with his shit free kick statistics.

Last edited:

sisu go home

He's only going to fix lack of match fitness by playing matches...
Errr...well, yeh I agree - which makes it nice for him on a personal basis, but the rest of the team are having to play harder to make up for it when there's a perfectly decent guy sat on the bench.

BurbageSkyBlues

Firstly, our passing and style is far superior.
Secondly, they had the clearer chances in the early parts of the game.
Thirdly, we have the better keeper (as valid as any other position).
Fourthly, we have scored because we have been playing in the right areas of the pitch.
Fifthly, there has been little recognition that we have continued to pass and move quickly and accurately, pressing the opposition into mistakes, and ultimately the perseverance of that quality has earned the scoreline.

Finally, Bobby Gould is out of touch. Suspect he hasn't kept abreast of goings on, and has missed opportunities to praise the attitude and performance of the young players, despite the background to the situation.

shmmeee

Errr...well, yeh I agree - which makes it nice for him on a personal basis, but the rest of the team are having to play harder to make up for it when there's a perfectly decent guy sat on the bench.

Please never go into football management.

fernandopartridge

Well done City, professional performance as they say. Murphy is part of the team as much as anybody. I don't care about the Ricoh spat we're in the next round.

Hobo

Well done city, solid performance.

mark82

Some great stuff by us in the last 25 minutes. Not a total performance, but we won and Murphy got a good work out.

I don't think it would be too much of an exaggeration to say there were 2 saves he made in that game that were world class. Any keeper in the world would have been proud of them.

Note: I am not saying he is a world class goalkeeper!

BurbageSkyBlues

SP is def winning himself, and us, a lot of admiration.

His attitude is spot on, he handles interviews impeccably, and clearly is one we need to hold on to. I take my hat off to him, there is no way that I thought he would be so effective.

sisu go home

.........and on that note...............
....and Christie had how much to do with that win?

Don't get me wrong - I think on his game he's awesome - but not tonight. The guy should earn his place back like everyone else had to (apart from Baker). I'd have had him on tonight, but when we were 3-1 up to get a bit of match fitness.

That's not to pick on Christie, because despite the win there were loads of players who under-performed, but now that we've won we can overlook that. Well done lads, but really, don't leave it til the last 25 mins next time. :)

Delboycov

Bobby Gould gutted...Good old Gouldy...cut him and he's sky blue through and through isn't he? Erm....clearly not.

Delboycov

Bobby Gould gutted...Good old Gouldy...cut him and he's sky blue through and through isn't he? Erm....clearly not.

*inherited Harry Bassett's 'crazy gang' won a trophy and now he has more of an "affinity" with Wimbledon than a place he was born, played for, managed...very badly mind!*

sisu go home

I class a killer strike as a top class finish. Either way, let's not bicker over a win eh :)
I get what you mean - I just saw the movement of other players and know exactly what they were doing - still it WAS lucky I have to admit - otherwise it wouldn't have been an own goal.

A couple of seasons ago baker was SO good at set pieces - would love to see that again. I tend to give him the benefit of doubt.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Pressley "in the past 5 or 6 weeks, thats been out most dissapointed performance"

He never shys away from saying the truth does he! It was a poor game overall, with AFC Wimbledon commanding most of the possession and chances. But over the 90 I think fitness played a key part.

Was surprised Christie didn't go off for Phillips although Moussa did very little and we did need someone on the left who was not afraid to have a few kicks at their 21!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I get what you mean - I just saw the movement of other players and know exactly what they were doing - still it WAS lucky I have to admit - otherwise it wouldn't have been an own goal.

A couple of seasons ago baker was SO good at set pieces - would love to see that again. I tend to give him the benefit of doubt.

Our set pieces are probably an area we need to improve on. Especially corners.

Users who are viewing this thread