Advice Required (For Nintendo Switch Owners) (1 Viewer)

ProfessorbyGrace

Ok, basically, I inherited a Nintendo Switch from my kids (who just don’t seem to like console gaming), and I’m not currently in a financial position to chuck money at a more powerful console; I do, however, quite like the library of games it has.

I’m looking for a decent ‘open world’ survival/adventure title, that isn’t cutesy or doofy, to be honest. I’ve played Dying Light to death, which I found was an impressive import to the Switch, and tried Kingdom Come: Deliverance, but found it a bit too light on actual gameplay and substance.

Can anyone recommend a decent game that in the survival/adventure/open world category, please?

ProfessorbyGrace

My daughter loves all the Zelda games. She's 20 and just got the latest one. Definitely not cutesy I would say.
Funnily enough, I was looking at the Zelda: Breath of the Wild second hand off eBay, but Tears of the Kingdom does look pretty good. Thanks for the suggestion. 👍🏻

ProfessorbyGrace

Animal Crossing. 😁

(Edit: The Black Ops version, obviously)
Ah, I think that’s the in-game extra isn’t it? The combat mini game.

The actual main game is something I did genuinely have a go at, but the pace frustrated me. 🤣

duffer

Ah, I think that’s the in-game extra isn’t it? The combat mini game.

The actual main game is something I did genuinely have a go at, but the pace frustrated me. 🤣

You'd never believe a furry bunny could be so accurate with a mini-gun. 😄

Sorry mate, as you can guess I have literally no useful suggestions (no change there). I quite liked Animal Crossing, but I get exactly where you're coming from.

There's not much jeopardy in it, unless you let one of your favourites leave the Island and then spend the next ten months trying to find them again. Peanut come back, I can change! 😂

shmmeee

Don’t Starve is excellent. Cartoon style but I wouldn’t say cutesy, and if you get Don’t Starve Together you can both play if she ever changes her mind.

Zelda BOTW is the obvious answer, outstanding game.

ProfessorbyGrace

Don’t Starve is excellent. Cartoon style but I wouldn’t say cutesy, and if you get Don’t Starve Together you can both play if she ever changes her mind.

Zelda BOTW is the obvious answer, outstanding game.
I’ve just read up a bit on it, seems obscurely interesting. I’ll give it a go, thanks. 👍🏻

TomRad85

As said, both Zelda games are incredible. I also really liked Immortals Fenyx Rising, and it's usually on sale too.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Alkhen

As said, both Zelda games are incredible. I also really liked Immortals Fenyx Rising, and it's usually on sale too.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I'd second Fenyx Rising, really enjoyed it. Obviously rips off BOTW, but found it more manageable to actually finish. Enjoyed the story.
Super cheap too

Last edited:

Alkhen

You'd never believe a furry bunny could be so accurate with a mini-gun. 😄

Sorry mate, as you can guess I have literally no useful suggestions (no change there). I quite liked Animal Crossing, but I get exactly where you're coming from.

There's not much jeopardy in it, unless you let one of your favourites leave the Island and then spend the next ten months trying to find them again. Peanut come back, I can change! 😂

During lockdown down myself, the wife and kids had a joint Animal Crossing island.

I caused a major diplomatic incident by evicting Puddles the frog without asking... This is the note I received...

EhVHnziXsAIe7vY.jpeg

Why did you send away Puddles we loved her. Here are the reasons.

1. Her cool house
2. Her cheery smile

worst wishes

Last edited:

ProfessorbyGrace

Has anyone here played Kingdom Come: Deliverance? What did you think of it?

I may give it another go, however I was expecting more than fetch this, go there, talk to him, 7 days of cutscenes…repeat.

Alkhen

These mothersfuxkers never drop in price

I have a switch lite I got 3 years ago and never play. I'm determined to play. Zelda game on there!
Well worth a play. Annoying how only Nintendo games seem to hold any value.

I keep my eye out for any Nintendo stuff when I'm out and about. Charity shops and the like. Wii U stuff will rocket soon as they are turning off support for that and the 3DS soon. Have quite a few bits I've found to put aside until it's a good time to sell

Users who are viewing this thread