Advanced talks with Walsall (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

With this not being our ground... We can now buy an advertising board saying 'Sisu Out'

James Smith

I know what you mean and thanks, but the interests of football fans of any club are the concern of all fans from all clubs as what happens at one club sure enough will impact on others either sooner or later. It's just that most of us forget that or choose to ignore it most of the time. That's why I've paid a lot of attention to your plight.
I can see what you mean and I agree I just wish it hadn't got to this stage.

James Smith

With this not being our ground... We can now buy an advertising board saying 'Sisu Out'
Ooh what a good idea, someone should email Walsall and ask for a quote. Needs to be on the side where it would get seen by the BBC cameras so that it can get maximum exposure.

fernandopartridge

might have something to do with how badly they have run the club and the debts they owe, kind of puts me off liking the idea of then continuing to own the club and how there offer is better than PH4 offer! also if the FL hand the golden share to them back to SISU i would like them to explain how they pass as fit and propers owners

I don't disagree but I think they're no worse than the previous regime if you balance it all out.

Sub

on bbc news!!! walsall say they have denied any contact or have agreed a contract with CCFC to play at the walsall ground

Otis

5:06pm, Thu 23 May 2013
Coventry City in advanced talks with Walsall FC over plans to temporarily play at their stadium

Sources at Coventry City have told ITV News the club is in ‘advanced talks’ about building a new ground and is planning on playing at Walsall’s Banks’ Stadium whilst it is being built.

Coventry City Holdings Ltd (CCFC Holdings Ltd) are believed to be finalising the details, as part of a plan to re-take full control of the football club, after a part of it went into administration in March.

Bosses at CCFC Holdings Ltd, which appears to control players and staff, say the Sky Blues will not be going back to the Ricoh Arena, after a long-running dispute over rent.

It is understood that negotiations are close to being completed to purchase a new site, which would open in 2016 and is in the Coventry area.

Initially, capacity at the ground would be around 15,000. The stadium’s design would allow it to be expanded at a later date. This would happen in two phases after it has opened. Once completed, the idea is for the ground to have a suitable number of seats for a Premier League club.

ITV News has been told that club owners Sisu are confident they can afford the new stadium and that it can ‘pay for itself’. Other facilities designed to bring in revenues would be built on the site. It is claimed the majority of matchday profits, (food, beverage, parking etc), would be spent on the playing squad.

The deal has not been done yet, but club sources say there are various other sites in the Coventry area which would also be suitable. In the meantime, talks for the Sky Blues to play for the next three years at Walsall’s Banks’ Stadium, are ongoing and are said to be close to completion. This has been confirmed by sources at both the Sky Blues and the Saddlers. It is also understood that Coventry have been speaking to other clubs in the West Midlands.

Credit: ITV News Central
Meanwhile, a part of the Sky Blues, Coventry City Ltd (CCFC Ltd), which owes the Ricoh Arena around £600,000 in unpaid rent is still in administration. Sisu are understood to have put in a bid to purchase the company and appear confident they will succeed in reunifying the club.

At least three other buyers have expressed an interest in purchasing CCFC Ltd. One of them is a consortium led by American property tycoon Preston Haskell IV. However, after nine weeks, the administrator for CCFC Ltd has not been able to clarify what the company consists of exactly. This uncertainty could make the company less attractive to other buyers such as Haskell, who would then have to recruit players and staff - and purchase a share of the Ricoh Arena. CCFC Ltd also has debts of around £70m.

Sources at Coventry City say club bosses will first outline their plans at a series of fan meetings which will be held over the next few weeks.

Maybe Fisher is having advanced talks with the voices in his head! :thinking about:

CovLis86

How many lies, after lies after lies. It's like a murderer in court trying to claim insanity to get a lighter sentence! They are turning our club into a public embarrassment.

quinn1971

bbc mIDLANDS TODAY HAVE ANNOUNCED THAT WALSALL HAVE NOT HAVE ANY CONTACT WITH CCFC OVER GROUND SHARING:thinking about:

And this was the key to their plan...its all bullshit its been bullshit since day one...they're losing the battle and they know it...ive said for ages we will still be at the ricoh next season with or without sisu here.

bigfatronssba

So has Timmy been caught lying yet again?

Chipfat

Mate went round Ricoh two weeks ago was told by Ricoh staff that the FA, FL had agreed first 7 home games this season can be played at walsall after that they had to come back to Coventry. How true don't know but seems some truth in it now, lets hope Appleton see the state these people have left us in and decides like every fooker else they don't deserve to run us down anymore....And lets remember, if this goes a head with SISU we will never play in our home city again, which is when i'll walk away remembering the good days and good memories as well as a lifetime of being proud to say i supported the club and city no matter where i've lived in the world...

Last edited:

Otis

Makes me think back to the shaking hands deal. Remember that? ACL said Sisu shook on a deal at a meeting and then the very next day Sisu denied they had shaken hands on anything.

Can Houchen's Head do a photoshop thing of Tim Fisher's head on Del Boy's body?

Hello everyone I am going to build a football stadium in my back garden and intend to call the club Coventry City and play in League 1, even though I don't have any players or a golden share to play in that league. I won't have the stadium finished until 2016, but intend to play games 35 miles away at someone else's stadium even though I have a public track record for not paying the rent. Oh and by the way I don't actually have any cash so wondered if anyone would lend me £20 million to upgrade my garden to Football League standard. Oh yes forgot I won't have any fans for the new stadium either.

Anyone fancy sending me that £20 million?

Regards
Timmy the Tosser

Otis

To be fair though, that report doesn't say 'advanced talks' with Walsall does it. That comment is relating to the new ground.

WFC

If you ask me whether I believe Tim or Stefan, Stefan every time, a million percent every time. While Stefan is a canny operator his does have some integrity.

Doesn't mean it would never happen but you can take it as read that CCFC have lied about this.

Sub

tim must think the more he says it the more he will beleive it and become real in his world :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

Delboycov

I don't disagree but I think they're no worse than the previous regime if you balance it all out.

Yeah because through their mismanagement we were relegated to our lowest point in generations and of course they proposed to move us to another town miles away for years and also proposed building a tinpot 15,000 capacity stadium outside the city that gave the club it's name reneging on a deal which could've avoided all this crap.....No these tossers are now infinitely worse than any owners we've had. I blame Richardson for so much and the demise of the club started with him but if they carry out this suicidal plan then in my eyes they are going to kill the club.

fernandopartridge

Yeah because through their mismanagement we were relegated to our lowest point in generations and of course they proposed to move us to another town miles away for years and also proposed building a tinpot 15,000 capacity stadium outside the city that gave the club it's name reneging on a deal which could've avoided all this crap.....No these tossers are now infinitely worse than any owners we've had. I blame Richardson for so much and the demise of the club started with him but if they carry out this suicidal plan then in my eyes they are going to kill the club.

We were relegated by the burden of the debt built up before we got relegated from the Premier league. The club NEVER dealt with it and this is the price.

oakey

We were relegated by the burden of the debt built up before we got relegated from the Premier league. The club NEVER dealt with it and this is the price.
We all know that, but how is taking on yet more debt, and slashing your income in the meantime, a solution?

Users who are viewing this thread