ADministrators final progress report (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Mr Appleton has filed his final progress report at Company House dated 27/09/13.

Main points are

- Otium paid £1,500,004 for the following
Goodwill £1
Business Intellectual Property £1
FL & FA shares £2
Benefit of any continueing Contracts £466,742
Equipment £1
IT System £5000
The debts, benefit of all guarantees, indemnities and security rights in respect of them, including any Rates rebate. £1,000,000
any other assets £28,254

"the Company's accounting policies are complex and confusing"
"sought answers.....to ascertain whether any of the Company's assets have been either sold at undervalue or transferred for improper consideration..... investigations, thus far, have found no evidence to suggest the company or its directors both past and present have entered into such a transaction"

Conduct of directors past and present will be included in confidential report to Dept of Business Innovation & Skills

"I have found no evidence of an improper financial relationship between the Company and connected entities" Investigations to continue

Legal fees £400,764 plus VAT

Joint administrators fees from 21/03/13 to 27/09/13 £513,109 plus VAT (for 1571 hours of work)

PR fees £22,500 plus VAT

No assets left to sell

The collection & payment account so far is

Receipts

From Otium (as abovE) 1,500,004
Deposit account interest 3
Third Party Funds 40,251

total 1,540,258

Payments

Pre appointment costs PA 15,000
Pre appointmt - solicitors 17,751
disbursements 793
Legal fees 400,765
Administrator paid on account 200,000
PR costs 22,500

Total 656,809

Balance still left 883,449

313,109 still to be billed by administrator (forms part of the £513,109 above total)

make of it all what you will. There is more to the report but it is really statutory stuff that has to be included

Away from the report ARVO have cancelled part of their charge over the CCFC Ltd assets but left a charge over the following items
lease
premises licence
cash
some business records
any insurance claims

Last edited:

lewys33

Doesn't really surprise me that he has found nothing and earnt a wedge for it. I really am in the wrong profession.

bigfatronssba

£2 for the FL share? I could have paid double that!

£5k for an IT system that seems to work when it wants?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
What does that mean? :(

It means that after selling the assets or rights to assets for £1.5m and paying out the legalsetc ( including his full costs of 513k) he has £570k still in the pot to pay the liquidator or to distribute to the creditors.

It means he has not found anything so far that he can report as wrong doing in terms of transferring assets etc or in the actions of the directors

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
So the 520k is just sat there doing nothing? Is that about the same amount they were to pay ACL that the league said they must pay?

lewys33

So the 520k is just sat there doing nothing? Is that about the same amount they were to pay ACL that the league said they must pay?

If the league said they have to pay that, is that considered part of the liquidation process, or just seperate?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

No i dont think it is because it will be used to pay the liquidators costs first

It wasnt CCFC Ltd that had to pay ACL it was Otium

shmmeee

Macca Media is that NOTW tosser who kept turning up, was representing Appleton.

As we expected on the rest really. Amazing how hard it is to find something that's been sent to you by several people and reported in the press isn't it?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
So what were the continuing Contracts, if CCFC Ltd never did or has held any players contracts ? How does PA or TF explain that away?

it reads in the report
"the benefit (sublect to burden) of any continuing Contracts £466,742"

Last edited:

lewys33

So what was the continuing Contracts, if CCFC Ltd never did or has held any players contracts ? How does PA or TF explain that away?

it reads in the report
"the benefit (sublect to burden) of any continuing Contracts £466,742"

I'm sure there will be something us pond life would have missed

RPHunt

Joint administrators fees from 21/03/13 to 27/09/13 £513,109 plus VAT

I make that about £1.1m, or nearly £200k per month, since the club was put into administration. As we are led to believe that the process could run for some time yet, I cannot see there being anything left for creditors to share if costs continue at this rate.

I suspect this realisation was behind the letter by Bob Ainsworth to the Football League asking them about the, so called, conditions that the League had imposed on Otium before the granting of the "golden share", i.e. that Otium "meet the financial offer made to creditors under the proposed CVA.”

These figures seem to expose this commitment as bogus and the Football League, in their reply to Mr Ainsworth, have made it clear that they are not interested and have no intention of ensuring that this commitment is enforced.

skyblueinBaku

apparently - to a company called Macca Media - on a monthly retainer per the report

I'm at a loss to understand why the administrator needs the services of a PR company.

Nick

Administrator
Surely the PR for the administrator should come out of his fees or through his company expenses?

NorthernWisdom

Apparently it's common practice for administrators to hire a PR company in high profile cases.

Quote from an administrator "oh you have to. When we dealt with... we were making press releases every day to make us look good"

skyblueinBaku

Apparently it's common practice for administrators to hire a PR company in high profile cases.

Quote from an administrator "oh you have to. When we dealt with... we were making press releases every day to make us look good"

Well, they didn't do much of a job, did they? Appleton didn't look particularly good.

RPHunt

I agree, he could have invested in a makeup artist......:D

"I have found no evidence of an improper financial relationship between the Company and connected entities"

That, to me, sounds like the work of a makeup artist.

SIR ERNIE

Joint administrators fees from 21/03/13 to 27/09/13 £513,109 plus VAT

I make that about £1.1m, or nearly £200k per month, since the club was put into administration. As we are led to believe that the process could run for some time yet, I cannot see there being anything left for creditors to share if costs continue at this rate.

I suspect this realisation was behind the letter by Bob Ainsworth to the Football League asking them about the, so called, conditions that the League had imposed on Otium before the granting of the "golden share", i.e. that Otium "meet the financial offer made to creditors under the proposed CVA.”

These figures seem to expose this commitment as bogus and the Football League, in their reply to Mr Ainsworth, have made it clear that they are not interested and have no intention of ensuring that this commitment is enforced.

Good post RPH.

Makes you laugh eh?
£1.1m and still rising in legal/administrators fees kind of puts the £150k/per annum Ricoh rent into perspective doesn't it.

Nick

Administrator
Good post RPH.

Makes you laugh eh?
£1.1m and still rising in legal/administrators fees kind of puts the £150k/per annum Ricoh rent into perspective doesn't it.

Without getting into it, wasn't it £1.2m we were paying at the Ricoh?

RPHunt

Good post RPH.

Makes you laugh eh?

Yes, even at the original revised £400k a year offer, that is three years at the Ricoh.

SISU and 'value for money' don't belong together in the same sentence.

Users who are viewing this thread