admin & acl in talks (1 Viewer)

brez

administrater and acl holding talks today over use of ground for friday, sky sports news. maybe find out about tickets then

torchomatic

Well, he's lying. I can tell.

WillieStanley

administrater and acl holding talks today over use of ground for friday, sky sports news. maybe find out about tickets then

I don't think SSN have reported anything correctly in regards to this so far. They're good at stats. News, however, not so much.

torchomatic

Hopefully they're discussing Friday's venue.

theferret

I suppose the sticking point is the logistics - stewarding, can tickets be sold on site or even collected, car parking spaces etc. All will be resolved, but it should have been done earlier in the week. 48 hours until kick-off and they're still 'in discussions' :facepalm:

rupert_bear

No way would ACL block playing at the Ricoh in fact they may even wave payment, now that would be a clever gesture. Why these fucking journalists keep trotting out this "where will we be playing" story is beyond me. ACL have said for a week now the Ricoh is available.

skybluesam66

acl have sold around 1000 parking spaces at the ricoh for cov v doncaster
at £10 a pop - that would be another £10k they would have to give back per game that wasnt played at the ricoh

i imagine compass have bought all the pies in etc

If there is a programme - it may be abridged

theferret

It will go ahead at the Ricoh absolutely no doubt. The big questions are whether the club will be able to use the ticket office space as part of the temporary agreement, and whether they can sell club merchandise on site, perhaps out of a portacabin or something, although it is possible they could re-stock the retail space, would only take a day.

ccfc92

No way would ACL block playing at the Ricoh in fact they may even wave payment, now that would be a clever gesture. Why these fucking journalists keep trotting out this "where will we be playing" story is beyond me. ACL have said for a week now the Ricoh is available.

thats all other team's fans are interested in aswel. "ahhh, you might be kicked out of the ricoh"

tbh, thats the least of our worries. as i see it we fear

1: admin/ getting rid of sisu
2: starting next season with a competitive budget
3 how many points deducted

Wrenstreetcarpark

But
If the administrator says that CCFC Ltd does not have any players, doesn't sell tickets, doesn't sell shirts etc will he be willing to pay the stewards, the police and West Mids Ambulance etc?

theferret

But
If the administrator says that CCFC Ltd does not have any players, doesn't sell tickets, doesn't sell shirts etc will he be willing to pay the stewards, the police and West Mids Ambulance etc?

It's a good point. He is only representing CCFC Ltd which has no assets and no revenue streams. How can he pay for those things? Only CCFC Holdings via SISU can do that surely, in which case shouldn't they be in talks with ACL not the administrator? I'm confused.

Ashdown1

It all gets more confusing with every passing hour, I imagine 50% of City supporters have no idea what is going on at all, not everyone tunes into the forums or reads every article in the Telegraph. There has been no communication from the 'club' about specifics for days. I 'd say the major priority of the Football League is just to get the final fixtures fulfilled come what may.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

It's bizarre the more you think about it. The entity with the rights to play at the Ricoh is in administration, and we're told has no assets in any case - so how could the game be stewarded, Policed, etc? It also 'owns' the golden share giving it the right to play the game in the FL. But it has no players....

The holding company has the players registrations, and could portray itself as an entity able to fund the hosting of the game, but even if it could agree a match-by-match contract to use the Arena; it doesn't have the golden share to give it rights to play in the league.

Fookin' hell... :facepalm:

ajsccfc

As he's a confirmed SISU arse-licker, I assume CRAPpleton will turn ACL down and try to set their hair on fire too.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Think you sum it up very well MMM

theferret

It's bizarre the more you think about it. The entity with the rights to play at the Ricoh is in administration, and we're told has no assets in any case - so how could the game be stewarded, Policed, etc? It also 'owns' the golden share giving it the right to play the game in the FL. But it has no players....

The holding company has the players registrations, and could portray itself as an entity able to fund the hosting of the game, but even if it could agree a match-by-match contract to use the Arena; it doesn't have the golden share to give it rights to play in the league.

Fookin' hell... :facepalm:

No doubt there are a group of people currently sat around a table at the Ricoh Arena, black coffee on tap, trying to pick through this mess and work out how the fuck we fulfill Friday's fixture. Don't envy them one bit.

fernandopartridge

I can imagine ACL turning around and saying 'Sorry CCFC Ltd, our pitch is now reserved for a match on Friday at 3pm by CCFC Holdings, they're playing Doncaster as well funnily enough'

BurbageSkyBlues

The comments above highlight the mess and confusion which make it very difficult for the FL to decide on a full and final punishment, right now. When the six week review is reported back to the courts, some of the truth may be revealed, so it is probable that we will only receive the immediate ten point deduction today, with more to follow, pending the outcome of the court decision on the linkage between CCFC and the holding company?

Personally, I suspect that, even then, it may be further adjourned, which will clearly mean next year season we also take a hit.

torchomatic

IF the worst comes to the worst they should organise a SISU vs ACL match on Friday. Winner takes all.

Ashdown1

Surely if mistakes are made, laws are infringed and the results don't go with the opposition there is a chance that they could claim replays or disqualification, points awarded etc etc. If the FL will kick up merry hell about an 'illegal player' then what about an 'illegal team of them'.......................you couldn't make it up !!

Ashdown1

No doubt there are a group of people currently sat around a table at the Ricoh Arena, black coffee on tap, trying to pick through this mess and work out how the fuck we fulfill Friday's fixture. Don't envy them one bit.

I doubt it, All the tables are on the back of a wagon on Bayton Road Trading Estate !

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Isnt it only the administrator that has the rights to play at the Ricoh .............. so come Friday will it just be him standing on the penalty spot doing keepy uppies :whistle:

Last edited:

torchomatic

Better than the L200 Challenge!

Isnt only the administrator that has the rights to play at the Ricoh .............. so come Friday will it just be him standing on the penalty spot doing keepy uppies :whistle:

ajsccfc

That's such a terrible game. Why can't they do the kick for cash/ticket thing? They could award points for distance and then just show an advert for the car.

torchomatic

I keep thinking he's saying Owl 200 Challenge. Actually sounds more exciting kicking birds into the back of a 4X4.

sky_blue_up_north

At this rate we could be playing at Foleshill Park.....

ajsccfc

Also, surely all the kids in the JSB have nabbed one of those size 3 footballs Sam boots in. Send them my way next game.

Users who are viewing this thread