Adam Sandler Films (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Watched Thats my Boy last night. It was quite funny in bits but it is nowhere near as great as Billy Madison or Happy Gilmore.

Is it just me because I am getting older or are they really just not as funny now?

I must have seen Billy Madison / Happy Gilmore about 50 times each but just not as keen on the new stuff.

Otis

Think all of his new films for the past 3 or 4 years now have got right pastings from the critics.

kg82

I remember going to the cinema to see "click", thinking it started off alright and by the end wanting to burn my own eyes and ears shut

ccfcdan

Big daddy is probably my favourite, Mr Deeds is pretty funny too. Do not watch Jack n Jill,its a truly shocking film.

Covstu

dont relly rate him but happy gilmore was good, probably because i love golf and there isnt any golf films!!!:p

i'm not a huge fan of him but I remember finding Bulletproof quite funny, it's worth a watch for a few comical scenes.

no_loyalty

The do over was pretty funny, he gets a bit of his credibility back after some poor showings

Ian1779

Grown ups wasn't too bad - mostly because of the beautiful Salma Hayek.

Happy Gilmore and Big Daddy by far his best works.

Captain Dart

That man is a poor imitation of Jerry Lewis.

Otis

That man is a poor imitation of Jerry Lewis.
Ahh... Jerry Lewis.

I take it I am not alone in loving his films to bits when a child, but then upon revisiting them as an adult, finding them incredibly irritating and annoying and hardly a laugh there to be raised.

Same thing for Norman Wisdom. Used to love him as a kid. A couple of his films are passable, but on the whole, a tad embarrassing.

Captain Dart

Ahh... Jerry Lewis.

I take it I am not alone in loving his films to bits when a child, but then upon revisiting them as an adult, finding them incredibly irritating and annoying and hardly a laugh there to be raised.

Same thing for Norman Wisdom. Used to love him as a kid. A couple of his films are passable, but on the whole, a tad embarrassing.

Agreed, have you tried watching Duck Soup or a Night at the Opera lately?

Otis

Agreed, have you tried watching Duck Soup or a Night at the Opera lately?
I haven't. About 5 years I think. Seen them all about 10 times in total and for me they never get any less funny and are still fresh.

Must watch one soon!

Maybe now!!!!

dutchman

The Paris cinema in Far Gosford Street used to run double-bills of his old movies during the school holidays when I was a kid, which is odd considering they showed adults-only movies during term time.

I thought they were new as I hadn't seen them before. Likewise they had double bills of St Trinians and Tarzan.

The image below is more typical of what they usually ran:

4LHeIzl.jpg

Otis

They had some weird double bills there.

We went once and they had Last Tango in Paris coupled with Everything you Always Wanted to Know about Sex but Were Afraid to Ask.

I guess on paper they sound compatible, but the latter is a pure early Woody Allen laugh out loud farce and the former obviously a very slow paced, brooding piece of eroticism.

Pipehitterz

Yeah adam sandler has had some shockers out in the last 5 years.

Best film he's been in is reign over me
Non comedy and oscar worthy, I'm not even joking.
How the hell nobody won anything is beyond me .
Superb film

Users who are viewing this thread