Adam Barton (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

One of the tallest players in our starting line up yet when we have a corner he stays 25yards out why isnt he in the box?

Otis

I would say he heads like a girl, but that would be doing girls a disservice.

SkyBlueSid

I got back to the car last night and heard Linnell & Eakin on CWR saying that Barton had been excellent, or words to that effect. I just wondered if they had been at the same game as me.

no_loyalty

Another player on the way to the top before a serious injury practically ruins his career, a shame for the lad

Hobo

Unfortunate injury or not, he has been given a fair chance to rejuvenate his career. He acknowledged himself that Pressley challenged his mental capacity to compete, saying Pressley tried to help his development. That lack of competitive character was not been attributed to the traumatic effects of injury.

So Barton has to take responsibility for his own performances, that too often are found to be lacking.

PVA

Urban myth

Is it?

I don't think so. He obviously was a very talented player, I remember seeing him for Preston against us and thinking what a talent he looked. Mowbray mentioned the other day that he came up against him when he was at Preston and he stood out.

He suffered a horrific injury - a triple leg break and a dislocated ankle. I think that really has affected his career massively.

covboy1987

I got back to the car last night and heard Linnell & Eakin on CWR saying that Barton had been excellent, or words to that effect. I just wondered if they had been at the same game as me.

Thought he played well but his team mates never read some of his passing and movement

mrtrench

Is it?

I don't think so. He obviously was a very talented player, I remember seeing him for Preston against us and thinking what a talent he looked. Mowbray mentioned the other day that he came up against him when he was at Preston and he stood out.

He suffered a horrific injury - a triple leg break and a dislocated ankle. I think that really has affected his career massively.

An injury like that must be a huge psychological barrier to playing aggressively - it would always be in the back of his mind.

stupot07

Is it?

He did suffer a terrible injury, but there was no guarantee he would have carried on progressing and gone to the top, many a youngster bursts on the scene to see their career eventually spiral downwards. I don't mean to be harsh, I just suppose it's easy to band about the he's here with us struggling in league one because of that injury, but we don't know that for sure.

To be honest I thought NL was going down the "injury scuppered the Liverpool move" line, which is a urban myth - there were 2 transfer windows between them scouting him and him breaking his leg.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread