actually good news? (1 Viewer)

Noggin

my feeling has been and probably still is that this is bad news?

however if this has just been voted through unanimously then doesn't that suggest it's actually good news?

If there was reasonable doubt that it wasn't good surely all the conservatives would have voted against. Unanimous certainly seems different to what Les was suggesting on twitter too

Noggin

No. Imo the CCC have sold out for a few £.

maybe but if that were the case and you were a conservative why wouldn't you vote against and come out against it, it's pretty rare for opponents to happily agree with the opposition, you would think there would be political capital to be made in saying labour are betraying the football team. The fact that isn't happening suggests to me that it really is a good deal.

Colonel Mustard

Maybe I'm falling for political lip service, but there seemed to be plenty of code in some of today's statements.

e.g. 'Council received over six hours of information yesterday regarding the a Ricoh/Wasps takeover, including the potential impact on Coventry City FC any takeover would have. Council claims the move is an opportunity which “cannot” be missed for the city.'

O'Boyle: "All I’ll say is this, as difficult as it is in terms of emotion...time will tell, won’t it? If Wasps’ arrival can bring real jobs and real investment and be a catalyst for sporting opportunities for the city, then everybody has to recognise that the decision taken was for the good of the city’s people."

Lucas: ""It is no secret we have been negotiating with Wasps. We need to make sure their plans for the Arena are in the best interests of Coventry. The economic impact of a top-flight, successful rugby club playing in the city alongside a successful football club is potentially enormous."

"Any deal must not happen if it threatens the future of the Sky Blues or Coventry RFC."

Astute

my feeling has been and probably still is that this is bad news?

however if this has just been voted through unanimously then doesn't that suggest it's actually good news?

If there was reasonable doubt that it wasn't good surely all the conservatives would have voted against. Unanimous certainly seems different to what Les was suggesting on twitter too

We will have to wait for the details to see how it will end up for our club. Would anyone like to bet against a rent strike to try and distress Wasps? Could this be why SISU have been quiet about the whole thing?

Did you actually think that Les knew anything this time. He has been away for months looking for the smoking gun he was told about.

Users who are viewing this thread