ACL: "We are absolutely flabbergasted by Tim Fisher's statement today" (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s18/...cd6d57adfb7b/55f9c6917e0a656d310886d38b10ea53

James Powell of Walker Morris, the law firm representing Arena Coventry Limited (ACL), said: “We are absolutely flabbergasted by Tim Fisher's statement today. Mr Fisher is the sole director of Coventry City Football Club Limited, a company that is now in administration as a result of a "catastrophic insolvency" in the words of the barrister acting for the Administrator. To compound this issue, Mr Fisher is now suggesting that Coventry City Football Club should play their games outside Coventry. We have to question on this basis alone whether he is acting in the best interests of the football club?

"So that there can be no doubt in the minds of Sky Blues supporters, ACL have not locked the football club out of the Ricoh Arena. ACL have consistently acted to try to save the football club and to ensure that the football club continues to play at the Ricoh Arena. Indeed, ACL has already committed a significant level of funding to ensure that the pitch is improved for next season, after the Club ceased to commit investment in the pitch towards the end of last season.

"Sky Blues supporters should be told on whose behalf Mr Fisher is making these statements? The football club, as acknowledged by The Football League in imposing a 10 point deduction, is in administration. Only the Administrator should be making statements on behalf of the Club at this time. Previous statements have been made on behalf of Coventry City Football Club (Holdings) Limited, who implied that they owned the football club. We have asked Holdings to provide evidence for this assertion and they have refused to respond. We note today’s statement by Mr Fisher does not now purport to be on behalf of Holdings.

"So that there can be no doubt whatsoever among Sky Blues fans, ACL would be delighted for Coventry City Football Club to play at the Ricoh Arena next season. Nobody connected to the football club has yet approached ACL in this regard. We simply cannot comprehend Mr Fisher's statement that he has supposedly been told that there is no room for negotiation or that negotiations have been rejected. If Mr Fisher has been told that, it was certainly not by anyone connected with ACL.

“Far from being locked, the Arena doors remain wide open, and ACL remains resolutely committed to preserving Coventry City as a successful league club, and playing its games at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry where it belongs."
City Into Darkness.

Last edited:

ccfcway

Laughable really

Another day, another day of shame bought on this proud club of ours.

Baginton

why are ACL flabbergasted??

talks are in total breakdown between landlord and tenant, tentant seeks future property.:thinking about:

Moff

Cable Guy, thanks for posting this.

It just highlights what a liar Fisher is and how he is a master of spin. Its a joke and totally shambolic.

The fact that the club wouldnt even invest in the pitch at the end of the season just shows what little regard they have for the manager or team to play attractive good football, and shows how clearly that results dont matter when its a case of cash comes first....

procdoc

Cable Guy, thanks for posting this.

It just highlights what a liar Fisher is and how he is a master of spin. Its a joke and totally shambolic.

The fact that the club wouldnt even invest in the pitch at the end of the season just shows what little regard they have for the manager or team to play attractive good football, and shows how clearly that results dont matter when its a case of cash comes first....

I agree mate. I'm pretty sure skyblue Taylor won't though as he backs SISU to the hilt in everything they do

Samo

I do like the word "flabbergasted" though, not used enough nowadays.

"Flange" is another particular favourite.

Yes I do. I also like Balderdash and Poppycock!

Nonleagueherewecome

I do like the word "flabbergasted" though, not used enough nowadays.

"Flange" is another particular favourite.

Note to ACL: never be "flabbergasted" by anything that SISU do!

I like the phrase "apropo of nothing". Which could also have been used by ACL re: Fisher's statement. My favourite use of it this year was when Pat Nevin used it in a commentary match, interupting the commentator with "apropo of nothing...I've never said that phrase in a commentary before."

Nonleagueherewecome

I hate poppycock, simply because Thatcher liked using it when patronising people who didn't agree with her (eg anyone with a soul..)

Nonleagueherewecome

I agree mate. I'm pretty sure skyblue Taylor won't though as he backs SISU to the hilt in everything they do

He's hilt-deep alright ;)

katzenjammer

I don't get this, I'm pretty sure and ACL Statement not so long ago said negotiations have ceased, or something to that effect, yet now they're saying they've never said that. Weird.

Paxman II

Ok thats great but remains just as ambigious. Are youprepared to deal with HOLDINGS? You seem to be suggesting you wish to deal with LTD and this is in control of the administrator. HOLDINGS have the player registrations and contracts. Lets have a statement where you say anyone in control and effectively operating the football club will be offered the Ricoh arena to play its games under a deal to be negotiated because though none wishes it, it still may be SISU.

Warwickhunt

his flabber has never been gasted so much

D

Ddccfc

I don't get this, I'm pretty sure and ACL Statement not so long ago said negotiations have ceased, or something to that effect, yet now they're saying they've never said that. Weird.

They did http://www.coventryobserver.co.uk/2013/03/12/sport-Ricoh-rent-talks-end-as-ACL-issue-Sky-Blues-ultimatum-64237.html

“The Board of ACL made a fair, reasonable and generous best and final offer to Coventry City Football Club,” said Nicholas Carter, chairman of ACL.

“The situation is quite simple. The football club owes ACL £1.3m which a court of law has confirmed our right to collect.

“Our Board has participated in hours of discussions with the club during which we have made many concessions and they have made none.

“The club's owner owners can now either take the offer which is on the table or face the legal consequences. It is entirely their decision.”

TheRoyalScam

...'skulduggery' is a personal favourite, and certainly relevant to this whole 'caboodle' - (another favourite).

I also enjoy the word 'quackery' in relation to dodgy medical scams.:D

I'll get my coat.......;)

torchomatic

Tomfoolery is a good one. Now what tomfoolery has Mr Fisher been up to now?

Otis

...'skulduggery' is a personal favourite, and certainly relevant to this whole 'caboodle' - (another favourite).

I also enjoy the word 'quackery' in relation to dodgy medical scams.:D

I'll get my coat.......;)

I've always had a fondness for 'buttocks.'

J

Jack Griffin

Releasing statements through Evernote? :eek:

That is from Darryl Murphy the Free Radio news reporter, it is his way of putting a long statement on net so he can reference it on with a twitter link. He's done similar before, the key thing here is he has got the goods, unlike the bloody Coventry Telegraph who are passive & printing any old balony Fisher feeds them. (& I note they are not up to speed on ACL counter statement)

Last edited by a moderator:

Flying Fokker

why are ACL flabbergasted??

talks are in total breakdown between landlord and tenant, tentant seeks future property.:thinking about:

Moved on from there I'm afraid. We are in administration. It has nothing to do with that scheming man. He should keep his nose out of the administrators business and should certainly have no influence.

The football league need to consider this kind of meddling before they grant any tenure of the golden share.

Delboycov

Moved on from there I'm afraid. We are in administration. It has nothing to do with that scheming man. He should keep his nose out of the administrators business and should certainly have no influence.

The football league need to consider this kind of meddling before they grant any tenure of the golden share.

If this is the case as it seems to be then surely the administrator should be coming out and saying that...I mean he is totally impartial isn't he??? ;-)

Samo

I also like the words 'jiggerypokery' and 'scamp' :)

Samo

I've always been a fan of the word 'moist' myself.....

Oh yes, a quality word indeed. Impossible to use without coming over Frankie Howard!

Users who are viewing this thread