ACL Submit high court papers on the cobblers (1 Viewer)

ACL confirmed to the Chron today that it has now served High Court papers on the Cobblers.

Also quote "The Cobblers say they have not entered an agreement with Coventry City Football Club Ltd, but have instead negotiated a deal with potential buyers of the Sky Blues"

Article

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/n...uing-northampton-town-in-high-court-1-5335349

Last edited:

chiefdave

Cardoza's defence to the letter ACL sent a few weeks ago was along the lines that he made a deal with Otium, potential new owners of CCFC and therefore nothing to do with the current lease or CCFC Ltd. Now it's clear we will still be in administration for the first 'home' games that statement is either false or he has made an additional agreement to host games prior to Otium taking ownership. Can see that making a difference to this case.

No idea really if ACL have a valid case or not but why on earth would Northampton want to stay involved in a mess like this for a relatively small pay off?

mattylad

its the fact Cardoza thinks he ok bcos the league sanctioned it, they the worst decision makers in this whole debacle.

Tonylinc

I no longer worry about who is to blame: I just want this whole load of crap sorted and it seems to me that the only way to do that is to get all parties in the same room and bang some heads together.

duffer

Cardoza's defence to the letter ACL sent a few weeks ago was along the lines that he made a deal with Otium, potential new owners of CCFC and therefore nothing to do with the current lease or CCFC Ltd. Now it's clear we will still be in administration for the first 'home' games that statement is either false or he has made an additional agreement to host games prior to Otium taking ownership. Can see that making a difference to this case.

No idea really if ACL have a valid case or not but why on earth would Northampton want to stay involved in a mess like this for a relatively small pay off?

I'd imagine ACL must think they've got at least a chance of putting the frighteners on it.

I have no sympathy personally, no one forced Cardoza to get involved. And simple greed is the answer to you last question, imho.

Tonylinc

Don't get me wrong; I hate Shitzu as much as the next man but I am tired of all this shit and just want a resolution which sees CCFC playing at the Ricoh

WFC

I have no sympathy with NTFC only their fans.

Walsall held a Fan's forum meeting last night where Stefan Gamble our CEO told our fans the following about ground sharing with CCFC, pitty NTFC don't listen to fans like WFC do. Does show that fan pressure can make a difference.

(Taken from published report on fan's forum)

Coventry did offer the club a large facility fee to use Bescot. The club would not have lost out if, as thought, not a lot of Coventry fans turn up. The offer would’ve been classed as a football generated amount of money, so would’ve gone into Smith’s budget and provided significant funds.

Many things turned Walsall off of the offer including both sets of fan’s opinions; the fact that Walsall fans would be “away;” the wear on the pitch; a rival using our facilities; a potentially bigger club using our facilities and the wear on the club’s infrastructure.

Otis

I have no sympathy with NTFC only their fans.

Walsall held a Fan's forum meeting last night where Stefan Gamble our CEO told our fans the following about ground sharing with CCFC, pitty NTFC don't listen to fans like WFC do. Does show that fan pressure can make a difference.

(Taken from published report on fan's forum)

Coventry did offer the club a large facility fee to use Bescot. The club would not have lost out if, as thought, not a lot of Coventry fans turn up. The offer would’ve been classed as a football generated amount of money, so would’ve gone into Smith’s budget and provided significant funds.

Many things turned Walsall off of the offer including both sets of fan’s opinions; the fact that Walsall fans would be “away;” the wear on the pitch; a rival using our facilities; a potentially bigger club using our facilities and the wear on the club’s infrastructure.

So how come Walsall would be away yet Northampton will be at home?

WFC

Believe was referring to Walsall fans being away at their own stadium for game against cov (not a problem for NTFC this season) with the potential for ST holders having to watch from the away end whilst an opposition fan (possible a CCFC ST holder) watches from their normal seat.

Stefan did send me and the many other Saddlers fans who had spoken to him about being against the ground share an email within minutes of publicly turning down the deal and therefore no longer subject to the NDA in which he stated that the objections expressed by both Saddlers and Cov fans had played a major part in their decision.

Spencer

There is no privity of contract, therefore, next to no chance of pursuing a successful action.

This is just ACL throwing good money after bad.

jesus-wept

I hope ACL sue the bollox off Northampton no matter what they say NTFC are complicit in adversely distressing a fellow member of the football league and it's supporters. With luck this will rip a massive hole in the 30 pieces of silver they get for the rent. Contract law covers this so hopefully this lawsuit will stand up in court, of course this legal action won't happen if we kick off at the Ricoh. Over to you Mr Cardoza

hill83

"The Cobblers say they have not entered an agreement with Coventry City Football Club Ltd, but have instead negotiated a deal with potential buyers of the Sky Blues"

Surely this means nothing can be done? Also didn't Fisher say they had already paid? Who's bullshitting?
Is ACL's plan to scare NTFC out of the deal?
All this is mental. I'm confused.

3 days until the season starts by the way.

Last edited:

jesus-wept

Don't think this is a scare tactic. Contract law covers things like this and can prove expensive if successful. Can Northampton Town afford the risk of losing ? Not a rich club by any means. This was always going to happen. I also think a lawsuit may be heading the football league way if we kick off at Sixfields.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Its designed to increase pressure on SISU by putting pressure on NTFC....... it wont have cost much to actually do but potentially could cost NTFC a lot to defend and they are not a rich club. If they broke the deal with Otium then that could be costly too.

It is not a focus of what is going on.......... not sure it could be successful either..... but as we know legal action doesnt need to be successful to be effective.

If it were successful it would effectively put a big hole in the FL discretion for future similar situations though.

Would not surprise me if ACL havent already started an action against the Football League

chiefdave

"The Cobblers say they have not entered an agreement with Coventry City Football Club Ltd, but have instead negotiated a deal with potential buyers of the Sky Blues"

Surely this means nothing can be done?

As the football club is still in admin those potential buyers he's talking about haven't yet taken over and won't have done by the time the first match is scheduled for Sixfields. So how come tickets are already on sale and who's he made an agreement with for those early matches?

hill83

As the football club is still in admin those potential buyers he's talking about haven't yet taken over and won't have done by the time the first match is scheduled for Sixfields. So how come tickets are already on sale and who's he made an agreement with for those early matches?

That's what I mean, how has a deal been with the owner, if they don't own the club. So there wouldn't be a case to answer to in court?

mrtickle

Also, how do you entie someone when they SISU approached them. I can't see this standing up in court. It looks like a last role of the dice and shows how desperate ACL are to have the club at the RICOH.

blueflint

wait and see is my advice it may be a ploy to get agreement to play at ricoh

torchomatic

Great, thanks for that. I wasn't sure what to do. I'll just wait then.

wait and see is my advice it may be a ploy to get agreement to play at ricoh

DazzleTommyDazzle

That's what I mean, how has a deal been with the owner, if they don't own the club. So there wouldn't be a case to answer to in court?

I imagine that this will all go back to the transfer of assets out of CCFC Ltd and the accounts being "a bit of a mess".

If so, I'd expect the argument to be that Ltd and Holdings have to be treated as a single entity (and Otium too, if the GS and players end up there) and so the lease still exists with whichever part of the group is deemed to be "the football club".

skybluehugh

Also, how do you entie someone when they SISU approached them. I can't see this standing up in court. It looks like a last role of the dice and shows how desperate ACL are to have the club at the RICOH.

At least ACL are listening to the 15000 people who want CCFC to stay in Coventry. Where is the evidence that our so called owners are listerning to the fans?

T

true sky blue

what a joke ACL are! they cant accuse Northampton of this because the contract with sisu was already breached, the lease was already breached and without an CVA signed the club owners liquidate and ACL get nothing. talk about shooting yourself in the foot. now will it get printed when the judge strikes the application out of court at the first instance? no likelyhood of success should be reason enough. its the old coventry council spin again. by the way guys local authority lawers are the ones who failed in private law firms, they are without being too disrespectfull the bottom of the pile. ( a bit like business teachers - if your that great why teach)

skybluesam66

sisu claim Holdings was in effect the football club
Holdings is not in admin

cant have it both ways

either Northampton are dealing with the club, or Holdings beneficial interest is bollocks

Stafford_SkBlue

ACL - The Bully boys - absolute waste of ratepayers money.
They have no contract with Northampton, it is SISU they should be suing but it is just trying to scare Northampton to say no.
Dreadful tactics and no chance of success.

Who are the worse ACL or SISU.

Users who are viewing this thread