ACL Statement, Saturday 23 March (1 Viewer)

Flying Fokker

I'm still sitting on the fence. I just think we need to sit tight, hold our nerve and see what happens, and not take sides.

I do however, think ACL are playing a clever PR game to get fans on their side. And this statement, like others, is only one side of the story.

As to be expected really. ACL need to share the progress with fans. We're in meltdown. I want a statement from SISU.

Last edited:
We know the history - the club was between a rock and a hard place at the time this was "negotiated", no matter how much you try to gloss over it now. ACL were a dominant position in the "negotiation" and take full advantage of that.

For PKWH to justify the rent on the basis there were no other comparisons is an utterly ridiculous statement.

And by the way PKWH statements you make on here are not in a personal capacity - they are in the capacity of your office. You cannot pick and chose given the office you hold and the fact you comment upon matters that are currently the subject of on-going litigation in which you represent one of the parties.

SkyblueBazza

Yes but the deal with ACL was signed before SISU arrived.

After SISU turned up to "save us" Cllr Mutton was in the CET stating their 50% was minimum £40m and SISU would have to develop the area. These are not the actions of someone wanting to propel he club back to the Premier but those of someone (who ultimately control ACL) who want to make as much money as possible.

I.E. SISU bought into the deal - BUT in terms of the club...circumstances have changed. That's us agreeing isn't it?

Delboycov

Think this is very key that the club were onboard with the rent back then.

Totally agree with that Otis. The assertion that CCFC were somehow shafted by ACL in setting a rent doesn't really stack up if the club was represented on both sides of the negotiations.

RegisWinner

According to league rules SISU would have required permission from the football league in order to transfer the league rights to another entity. Did SISU notify the football league?

PWKH

Black60sprey: the City Council do NOT ultimately control ACL. They are the freeholder and have a 50% stake in the company but they do not control it. There are two directors appointed by the Council and two by the Charity there are then three independent directors. (we have a vacancy for a permanent chairman at the moment) so they are not even in a majority on the Board. Whatever Cllr Mutton says is his view and not that of the company: he has similarly made statements about the Charity and Sisu, again his view not that of the Charity with which he has no connection. Robinson has also made comments about the Charity and Sisu again his view, for what it is worth.

Delboycov

We know the history - the club was between a rock and a hard place at the time this was "negotiated", no matter how much you try to gloss over it now. ACL were a dominant position in the "negotiation" and take full advantage of that.

For PKWH to justify the rent on the basis there were no other comparisons is an utterly ridiculous statement.

And by the way PKWH statements you make on here are not in a personal capacity - they are in the capacity of your office. You cannot pick and chose given the office you hold and the fact you comment upon matters that are currently the subject of on-going litigation in which you represent one of the parties.

Welcome back to the forum Tim. Where you been hiding?

stupot07

Think this is very key that the club were onboard with the rent back then.

Aren't we led to believe that ccfc then went back to ACL 3 months later to renogotiate it as it was too high? I'm sure I've read that somewhere.

PWKH

Then I had better make no more comments.

shy_tall_knight

I think this concept that CCFC should have a wider social responsibility of developing the rest of the area around the Ricoh has to be dropped. What other football clubs are saddled with this.

CCC benefitted from CCFC's failure to deliver the Gasworks stadium. The arena is a vibrant shopping complex, the olympics, conference facilities etc... but the without the club this would not have happened. CCFC was mismanaged but can't help thinking ACL took advantage of our vulnerability with the rent set so high.

Thank you for that.

I forgot I am not allowed to have an opinion that differs to yours.

Tell you what - go build a snowman or something and let the adults talk.

hutch1972

According to league rules SISU would have required permission from the football league in order to transfer the league rights to another entity. Did SISU notify the football league?

This was brought up in another thread, i should think Fl permission would be needed, and if it was granted, they would find it difficult to impose sanctions on that basis alone.

Delboycov

Then I had better make no more comments.

I think that would be a real shame if that happened as most fans appreciate you coming on here and at least giving us one side of the story. We can make our minds up as to what we believe or not....please don't be put off from posting due to comments from someone who clearly is and has always been a SISU 'plant'.

Black6Osprey

Black60sprey: the City Council do NOT ultimately control ACL. They are the freeholder and have a 50% stake in the company but they do not control it. There are two directors appointed by the Council and two by the Charity there are then three independent directors. (we have a vacancy for a permanent chairman at the moment) so they are not even in a majority on the Board. Whatever Cllr Mutton says is his view and not that of the company: he has similarly made statements about the Charity and Sisu, again his view not that of the Charity with which he has no connection. Robinson has also made comments about the Charity and Sisu again his view, for what it is worth.

Okay perhaps control is overstating it but I think you know what I mean, they have more than a passing interest.

Perhaps next time you see Cllr Mutton you can advise him that his ill judged comments and opinions do nothing to help in this situation.

PWKH

I think this concept that CCFC should have a wider social responsibility of developing the rest of the area around the Ricoh has to be dropped. What other football clubs are saddled with this.

CCC benefitted from CCFC's failure to deliver the Gasworks stadium. The arena is a vibrant shopping complex, the olympics, conference facilities etc... but the without the club this would not have happened. CCFC was mismanaged but can't help thinking ACL took advantage of our vulnerability with the rent set so high.

well, maybe just another comment:

the reason that the development of the surrounding area is so important for CCFC is that it is vital, in my opinion, for CCFC to be part or wholly owners of the Ricoh. The income from the Ricoh at the present time is not enough to subsidise the ridiculous wages footballers seem to think they deserve. The whole thing needs to be grown. If it were owned by CCFC the FFP question would be solved and if the development was done it might become sustainable.
Is it really realistic to expect to find an Abramovic or a Qatari Sheikh who is prepared to fork out year after year to take over CCFC? Surely it is much better if we have an investor who will create more wealth in Coventry and build a sustainable football club?

Tom's Dad

well, maybe just another comment:

the reason that the development of the surrounding area is so important for CCFC is that it is vital, in my opinion, for CCFC to be part or wholly owners of the Ricoh. The income from the Ricoh at the present time is not enough to subsidise the ridiculous wages footballers seem to think they deserve. The whole thing needs to be grown. If it were owned by CCFC the FFP question would be solved and if the development was done it might become sustainable.
Is it really realistic to expect to find an Abramovic or a Qatari Sheikh who is prepared to fork out year after year to take over CCFC? Surely it is much better if we have an investor who will create more wealth in Coventry and build a sustainable football club?

"The ridiculous wages footballers seem to think they deserve" - a little bit of leakage of true self?

Brighton Sky Blue

The statement in truth tells us little new about the situation. Although the golden share may have laid with the League when the accounts were filed that of course doesn't mean that it wasn't switched afterwards.

People have said that ACL's admin order forced SISU to do what they did pre-emptively. Others will point to ARVO's debenture last June which foresaw this situation unfolding and will ask whether this ever was just about the rent.

The bottom line is that it didn't have to come to this. It is unlikely now that ACL will get its arrears back with ARVO, effectively SISU, calling the shots on creditors. What I feel would be useful at this stage would be a full objective list of what was last offered to the club. Perhaps that will allow us to see whether Fisher really had any intent of co-operation.

ashbyjan

The statement in truth tells us little new about the situation. Although the golden share may have laid with the League when the accounts were filed that of course doesn't mean that it wasn't switched afterwards.

People have said that ACL's admin order forced SISU to do what they did pre-emptively. Others will point to ARVO's debenture last June which foresaw this situation unfolding and will ask whether this ever was just about the rent.

The bottom line is that it didn't have to come to this. It is unlikely now that ACL will get its arrears back with ARVO, effectively SISU, calling the shots on creditors. What I feel would be useful at this stage would be a full objective list of what was last offered to the club. Perhaps that will allow us to see whether Fisher really had any intent of co-operation.

BSB - for details of what ACL put on table go to http://www.skybluetrust.co.uk/index.php?start=4
CCFC are still refusing to let us publish their answers

PWKH

"The ridiculous wages footballers seem to think they deserve" - a little bit of leakage of true self?

Yes, it was my opinion. I do believe that the game has been distorted by the television money allowing an explosion in footballer wages to unsustainable levels.

Godiva

(we have a vacancy for a permanent chairman at the moment)

Expect an application from the Trust President on Monday.

Godiva

The bottom line is that it didn't have to come to this. It is unlikely now that ACL will get its arrears back with ARVO, effectively SISU, calling the shots on creditors.

And with that in mind negotiations can re-open with ACL writing off the debts.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Thanks to PWKH for this and trying to keep us all in the loop as best he can - much appreciated

That statement seems clear to me. The important part is the reference to the annual return that clearly states the member of the Football League is CCFC Ltd not CCFC H Ltd dated 23/06/12

It is a fairly factual statement but yes it puts its own spin on it ...... why wouldnt it ?

Far from settled and plenty of twists to come yet

Grendel

Thanks to PWKH for this and trying to keep us all in the loop as best he can - much appreciated

That statement seems clear to me. The important part is the reference to the annual return that clearly states the member of the Football League is CCFC Ltd not CCFC H Ltd dated 23/06/12

It is a fairly factual statement but yes it puts its own spin on it ...... why wouldnt it ?

Far from settled and plenty of twists to come yet

Could the football league have allowed the transfer if asked by the club?

Wrenstreetcarpark

"That statement seems clear to me. The important part is the reference to the annual return that clearly states the member of the Football League is CCFC Ltd not CCFC H Ltd dated 23/06/12"

If they shifted the golden share after June last year and the Football League allowed it, doesn't it make a nonsense of all the other administrations and points deductions etc? What is to stop any Club building up debts in company A, shift the golden share into company B and stick company A into admin and carry on as if nothing has happened. Have Sisu fooled the League or has the League just cocked up? Whichever it is there is going to be one hell of a noise from all the other clubs.

Users who are viewing this thread