ACL out protest (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Anybody who thinks GR and MM kept us out of admin for 'noble reasons to local businesses' unfortunately, is very very wrong.

Would love to see a detailed analysis of the McGinnity years. Richardson was dodgy as fuck and got us relegated, but McGinnity really fucked over the club.

chiefdave

If they had any evidence or even an inkling of what they're looking for they'd say so. It's not like they're slow to start throwing baseless accusations around.

I don't for a second believe that if SISU had a 'smoking gun' they would have kept it quiet. Just think about it, we're supposed to believe they have clear evidence that proves ACL / Higgs / CCC have been up to no good and would get the majority of supporters on their side but they have chosen to keep it to themselves? Doesn't seem very likely to me.

sky blue john

I don't for a second believe that if SISU had a
'smoking gun' they would have kept it quiet. Just think about it, we're supposed to believe they have clear evidence that proves ACL / Higgs / CCC have been up to no good and would get the majority of supporters on their side but they have chosen to keep it to themselves? Doesn't seem very likely to me.

I agree because if they had anything concrete why were Sisu demanding to see Acl's books.
They have tried twice once requesting to see them via the JR and secondly through demanding the freehold.

ccfcway

As his argument falls apart in front of our eyes - muppet!!

really was quite bizarre. I lost the will to argue when he believed that if Man Utd ever hosted a Man City youth game, they would charge the same to park a car as they would for Man Utd v Chelsea !

shmmeee

I don't for a second believe that if SISU had a 'smoking gun' they would have kept it quiet. Just think about it, we're supposed to believe they have clear evidence that proves ACL / Higgs / CCC have been up to no good and would get the majority of supporters on their side but they have chosen to keep it to themselves? Doesn't seem very likely to me.

Labovitch admitted on CWR this morning that he has no evidence and not even an actual accusation. Shane was pretty good at pressing him on that point.

I've got some personal experience of this lot making up bullshit in the hopes that it discredits the person. Unfortunately, the worker monkey on here and Twitter will make sure it gets repeated enough.

Hitler got some things right:

Mein Kampf said:
All this was inspired by the principle--which is quite true within itself--that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying.

(I realise Labovitch is Jewish and intend no anti-semitic meaning here)

Grendel

really was quite bizarre. I lost the will to argue when he believed that if Man Utd ever hosted a Man City youth game, they would charge the same to park a car as they would for Man Utd v Chelsea !

Did I actually say that. What you are of course is that it is fine for ACL to treat its main customer base as a cash cow.

Therefore your basic argument is the company strategy comes first no matter the effect on its customers. So I assume if investors are content with sisu moving to Northampton you will aplaud it.

shmmeee

Did I actually say that. What you are of course is that it is fine for ACL to treat its main customer base as a cash cow.

Therefore your basic argument is the company strategy comes first no matter the effect on its customers. So I assume if investors are content with sisu moving to Northampton you will aplaud it.

Except the company is entirely set up for the benefit of the people of Coventry.

This is not a normal private company designed purely to make some guy rich, it's designed to make the economy of Coventry better. So surely you can accept that rules will be different. So "investors" would never be happy with CCFC moving to Northampton (Sisu can move wherever they like, the further away the better).

Now if half of ACL was sold to Sisu, you'd probably be right.

skyblueinBaku

I've got some personal experience of this lot making up bullshit in the hopes that it discredits the person.

That sounds interesting, shmmeee. Can you enlarge on that without the threat of a lawsuit?

chiefdave

What is the arguement here? Is it that parking should be the same price for everything or is it that parking price should change according to demand? In most places it seems to change according to demand, the O2 and Wembley are terrible for this, the price goes up massively when there is a big event on. Doesn't really bother me as I park down the road for a couple of quid and walk up so unless they're charging silly money I don't really get why it's an issue at all?

lordsummerisle

What is the arguement here? Is it that parking should be the same price for everything or is it that parking price should change according to demand? In most places it seems to change according to demand, the O2 and Wembley are terrible for this, the price goes up massively when there is a big event on. Doesn't really bother me as I park down the road for a couple of quid and walk up so unless they're charging silly money I don't really get why it's an issue at all?

The parking according to demand argument works fine, if less charged for an early round of the JPT than for a normal League game or JPT semi-final for instance.

Like most though, it never really bothered me as would park in Tesco's car park anyway.

As an aside, at least they'd have got rid of those fluorescent jacketed thugs checking cars coming out of Tesco's and thinking they had a right to open up your boot to check if you'd been shopping.

ccfcway

No, my basic arguement is that CCFC "home" matches will always be more expensive to park at, than Leciester Under 21's. Its a suprerior product / event. This has nowt to do with ACL / SISU

fernandopartridge

Would love to see a detailed analysis of the McGinnity years. Richardson was dodgy as fuck and got us relegated, but McGinnity really fucked over the club.

I've heard a contrary argument to that in that McGinnity tried his very best to stabilise the club post relegation, the damage had been done by Richardson.

fernandopartridge

Except the company is entirely set up for the benefit of the people of Coventry.

This is not a normal private company designed purely to make some guy rich, it's designed to make the economy of Coventry better. So surely you can accept that rules will be different. So "investors" would never be happy with CCFC moving to Northampton (Sisu can move wherever they like, the further away the better).

Now if half of ACL was sold to Sisu, you'd probably be right.

It's a private company. It is not obliged to pay anything to the 'people of Coventry'

Captain Dart

The parking according to demand argument works fine, if less charged for an early round of the JPT than for a normal League game or JPT semi-final for instance.

Like most though, it never really bothered me as would park in Tesco's car park anyway.

As an aside, at least they'd have got rid of those fluorescent jacketed thugs checking cars coming out of Tesco's and thinking they had a right to open up your boot to check if you'd been shopping.

Did you tell them that they had no right to search your car too, LOL.

covpete

Just a thought, is the reshuffle at ACL because the management team weren't doing a great job? Maybe SISU may give a little now! If the council do have something to hide they would be in a hurry to do something before the JR! Also apparently ACL only got paid £1800 for the man utd v Leicester game, they must be desperate considering all the negative publicity from that!

J

Jack Griffin

Just a thought, is the reshuffle at ACL because the management team weren't doing a great job? Maybe SISU may give a little now! If the council do have something to hide they would be in a hurry to do something before the JR! Also apparently ACL only got paid £1800 for the man utd v Leicester game, they must be desperate considering all the negative publicity from that!

Don't think so, more about Reeves doing a shit job at the council because he is embroiled in ACL.

I guess the hire fee pays the groundsmen for a week, it is equivalent to selling 200 tickets at Sixfields, about 8% of the average crowd.

covpete

Before I get any rants calling me a SISU lover, you're very wrong I think all sides in this sorry saga are a disgrace! You know when someone won't show their face they're Upto no good, I just don't think Seppalla and her cronies are the only ones!

covpete

Yeah your right Jack but they must have thought is the profit margin worth making us fans even more of a laughing stock than we currently are?

Users who are viewing this thread