ACL is being very quiet (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

I can't believe for one moment that ACL is doing nothing -- something must be going on behind the scenes. Problem is, we can can guess ! One thing is certain, they are not just going to sit there and do nowt. A statement said the Board of ACL was meeting to discuss the situation. Just wondering what ACL's options are. Any thoughts ?

torchomatic

Hopefully so much is going on behind the scenes trying to find a resolution that they haven't got time to makes statements along the lines of "nothing to say at the moment but when there is we'll make a statement".

Mary_Mungo_Midge

It all has to be behind the scenes.

There's a SISU instigated judicial review; to which - quite understandably - ACL, and CCC members for that matter, have stated they'll keep quiet for fear of ending up in contempt via sub judice.

The nature of any comment on the take-over will be equally restrained, as the issues are inexorably intertwined. They're being sensible, surely?

RogerH

It seems SISU are in trouble regards securing a ground share deal. They may be forced to approach ACL to do a deal to play at the Ricoh ?

chiefdave

I can't believe for one moment that ACL is doing nothing -- something must be going on behind the scenes. Problem is, we can can guess ! One thing is certain, they are not just going to sit there and do nowt. A statement said the Board of ACL was meeting to discuss the situation. Just wondering what ACL's options are. Any thoughts ?

They've either got a trump card they're holding or they're in a panic due to having SISU run rings round them. To be honest at the moment it unfortunately looks like the later. It's noticable that since the administrators made his choice there has been no statement from ACL saying they are still open to having CCFC play there.

The big question now is the status of the lease, if the lease gets terminated upon administration then to all intents and purposes SISU can just walk away and there's not much ACL can do about it. I guess in that scenario all those claims about not needing the club will be put to the test.

Of course if the lease is still valid they have to decide what to do. Seems to me they would have to persue SISU for the debt in much the same way as before and that will end up with us back in administration again. The problem with this is, as far as I'm aware, they can only chase arrears up to the current date so they can't go you owe us millions as the lease has years to run. How many times would we have to go into administration before we get a different outcome to this time. And by that time how many points deductions will we have had and will any interested buyer have stuck around?

Then there's the issue of the judicial review. Not sure what happens if that doesn't get resolved in the councils favour. Is there a possibility the money will have to be paid back? If so that could be a big problem for ACL.

Will certainly be interesting to see what their next move is and when they make it.

Danceswithhorses

It seems SISU are in trouble regards securing a ground share deal. They may be forced to approach ACL to do a deal to play at the Ricoh ?
Wouldn't that be the largest humble pie serving ever....alot of fans im sure (me included) wishes this comment was true.
Would seriously dent Timmie's ego

Last edited:

skybluegaz2

Don't worry chaps. ACL will NEVER deal with SISUSCUM. Their contingency plan will be to sell the lot to Haskell or Byng before that happens. I don't agree SISU have given ACL the runaround as much as SISU think as they are nowhere nearer getting hold of the Ricoh than before administration started - in fact they are further away as they have riled ACL so much they haven't got a cat-in-hells chance of getting back in - and in doing so have the backing of the majority of fans to tell them to do one.

ACL are doing their business in the background and will speak when the time is right, have no fear.

wingy

The review conveniently is due to complete in around 5 weeks ,just in time for kick -off.

the Judge cannot I believe recind what the CCC has done , but can I believe judge it as unlawful and instruct to carry out in a lawful manner.
Given that it was Ok was for the CCC to bankroll CNR for the completion of the RICOH which was legal and didn't cross the line of intervention in a private entity,a major concern at that time ,I can't honestly see this being viewed as any different .
Highly Scurilouse ,time wasting and a convenient method of silencing the OPPoO while spinning masses of spin through Fitch or whichever PR firm they're employing @ club expense today.:(

luwalla

they are trying to work out how to go back and negotiate with the club, without looking like a bunch of halfwits..

Houdi

Well considering Appleton has confirmed them as the preferred bidder,and the Football League seem happy to talk to them,it seems strange that they still haven't announced their groundshare.Fisher has talked of his frustration in the delay,you would think he would be desperate to announce his various season ticket offers and travel plans.With financial fair play rules now becoming more important,you would think he would be desperate to get the 7-8,000:) season ticket holders back on board.The only question is will the wheelbarrow/ticket office be able to cope with the expected stampede.

wingy

they are trying to work out how to go back and negotiate with the club, without looking like a bunch of halfwits..

How strange it is that SISU are so silent also,making that very contemplation.
I say we let them do their own Dirty work after tarnishing this high net worth Brand.

Danceswithhorses

The only question is will the wheelbarrow/ticket office be able to cope with the expected stampede.
Good point...what will the procedure be for prospective season ticket holders...do they buy the ST's from the wheelbarrow in tesco's or will they have to travel out to Ryton ?
Crazy scenario

RFC

Obviously listened to the fans and going to allow us to play at the Ricoh FREE next season because they love the Club so much! Ha Ha

chiefdave

Fisher has talked of his frustration in the delay,you would think he would be desperate to announce his various season ticket offers and travel plans.

Without listening back to the forums I can't remember what he said but I do recall there was a we can't announce anything until something happens and that something might be exit administration which I don't think they've done yet. Can anyone remember what he said. Really don't want to have to listen to it again!

RPHunt

The review conveniently is due to complete in around 5 weeks ,just in time for kick -off.

the Judge cannot I believe recind what the CCC has done , but can I believe judge it as unlawful and instruct to carry out in a lawful manner.
Given that it was Ok was for the CCC to bankroll CNR for the completion of the RICOH which was legal and didn't cross the line of intervention in a private entity,a major concern at that time ,I can't honestly see this being viewed as any different .
Highly Scurilouse ,time wasting and a convenient method of silencing the OPPoO while spinning masses of spin through Fitch or whichever PR firm they're employing @ club expense today.:(

Wingy, unfortunately this may not see the completion of the review. This is merely stage one, a judge will decide if there is a case for a review and, if there is, this will take place some time in the future (possibly next year).

I am not sure if it has been posted before, but there is a good example of state aid to a football club being challenged before the courts at the moment. Crusaders are challenging the decision of the Northern Ireland Executive to finance the rebuilding of Windsor Park in Belfast, Linfield's home ground. There is an article here http://www.belfastdaily.co.uk/2013/...allenge-25m-windsor-park-upgrade-court-rules/.

Incidentally, Crusaders filed for their review a week or so before SISU and may have given them the idea in the first place.

torchomatic

Don't worry chaps. ACL will NEVER deal with SISUSCUM. Their contingency plan will be to sell the lot to Haskell or Byng before that happens. I don't agree SISU have given ACL the runaround as much as SISU think as they are nowhere nearer getting hold of the Ricoh than before administration started - in fact they are further away as they have riled ACL so much they haven't got a cat-in-hells chance of getting back in - and in doing so have the backing of the majority of fans to tell them to do one.

ACL are doing their business in the background and will speak when the time is right, have no fear.

To be honest i think the majority of fans want to play at the ricoh.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

wingy

Wingy, unfortunately this may not see the completion of the review. This is merely stage one, a judge will decide if there is a case for a review and, if there is, this will take place some time in the future (possibly next year).

I am not sure if it has been posted before, but there is a good example of state aid to a football club being challenged before the courts at the moment. Crusaders are challenging the decision of the Northern Ireland Executive to finance the rebuilding of Windsor Park in Belfast, Linfield's home ground. There is an article here http://www.belfastdaily.co.uk/2013/...allenge-25m-windsor-park-upgrade-court-rules/.

Incidentally, Crusaders filed for their review a week or so before SISU and may have given them the idea in the first place.
I can't see that this support to ACL is any different to the support to CNR. Obviously, if they wanted to argue that by doing so enabled ACL to offer better terms to them is a subsidy, that would be perverse. The scenario with Crusaders looks more like the Leyton Orient scenario with West Ham . I could only envisage a challenge coming from another club.

oakey

ACL still control the main piece on the board, the Ricoh.
ACL will be paid in full what they are owed, according to Fisher.
They still hold a very strong position and should not panic.
ACL are solvent and have a powerful backer, CCC, and could sell and probably do a deal to maintain a percentage if things get bad.
Let Fisher sweat on his groundshare idea and wait, wait, wait.

skybluegnome

ACL are solvent and have a powerful backer, CCC, and could sell and probably do a deal to maintain a percentage if things get bad.

CCC a powerful backer!...Just where is the money coming from I wonder?

Buster

My sentiments exactly Oakey

skybluegaz2

CCC a powerful backer!...Just where is the money coming from I wonder?

The CIty Council has MILLLIONS in reserves, so no backers behind them. Should you be criticisiing them for protecting a £50m asset, so stop scaremongering ! The point is Coventry City Council is based in Coventry and spends money FOR the City of Coventry - can SISU say the same - doh !!!!!!!!! At the end of the day, CCFC for the citizens of Coventry NOT some London/Cayman hedge fund to make money.

jesus-wept

Although we fans are impatient for a quick reolution there is nothing to say by the main players yet. At the moment Otium haven't been rubber stamped and no ground share has been announced or accepted. These opening shots prefered bidder etc,etc weren't a surprise. As t.ough and annoying it is we have to wait until these vital decisions are known

kepit 2 yusen

If I were ACL I really would be tempted to kick out the club and rescind that offer just to totally screw SISU. Ground share is never going to work and the only way is to starve Sisu out. Sadly it means the club doesn't carry on in Cov for the time being but I'm not totally against starting afresh. New club, new owners at the Ricoh. Ccfc is not the same club I have supported thx to Sisu and I'm a football fan not a pawn in a ridiculously negligent game of business.
Very far fetched - probably but just how I'm feeling right now.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

If I were ACL I really would be tempted to kick out the club and rescind that offer just to totally screw SISU. Ground share is never going to work and the only way is to starve Sisu out. Sadly it means the club doesn't carry on in Cov for the time being but I'm not totally against starting afresh. New club, new owners at the Ricoh. Ccfc is not the same club I have supported thx to Sisu and I'm a football fan not a pawn in a ridiculously negligent game of business.
Very far fetched - probably but just how I'm feeling right now.
:slap::slap::slap:the:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::blue::blue:

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

As a freeman of the City, can one graze ones sheep on the Ricoh pitch as it will be doing feck all else next season ?
No has to be Hearsall Common however someones put in an offer for the bottom bit, I understand that the loyal circus owners who have used it for years are concerned that one of their rivals is thinking of setting up there permanently or another site in or near Coventry

Houdi

Without listening back to the forums I can't remember what he said but I do recall there was a we can't announce anything until something happens and that something might be exit administration which I don't think they've done yet. Can anyone remember what he said. Really don't want to have to listen to it again!
Well as the administrator on CWR said this week it is possible that the club may remain in administation for some considerable time yet.It is surey barey credible that the league woud allow the annoucement of a groundshare to be delayed for very much longer,the season starts in about 6 weeks.Indeed it is hard to see how the Football League could stop SISU announcing where they intend to build their brand new stadium,if there is actually any plan in place.

Users who are viewing this thread