ACL have the upperhand.... (1 Viewer)

OyJimmy

Simply because they can call in the debt and force the club to either pay up or go into Administration. At which point ACL backed by Yorkshire bank and restructured by Deloittes can offer to buy the club for a song. ACL then have full control of the whole shooting match. Once in control the council can flog its share and walk away. As things stand no one want to own a club without a stadium

Sky Blues

But if CCFC is wound up doesn't ARVO have a charge over just about everything, effectively meaning the same people who own SISU will still own all the important naming rights and emblem etc afterwards? I'd bet they would be asking a non-market rate of, oh, I dunno, £40m or so for anyone wishing to buy those off them...

(Happy to be corrected if I have got that wrong)

Senior Vick from Alicante

If you are reading these posts OSB, would it possible to block SISU,s games by someone purchasing ACL? Just thinking out loud that instead of a fans consortium buying the club it may be a better bet to buy ACL as SISU would want the 40 mill back for the club and the ACL debt is only 18 mill? Would this be possible, a bit like the Chelsea shareholders who own the pitch.

Steve.B50

ACL owning the football club, great idea. A club owned by the Council and a charity, would take that rather than SISU.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Any purchaser would have to prove funds for further development ....... but I would guess there is a price where that could happen and that would effectively block SISU's ambitions. Still be left with a dodgy tenant though Senior Vick.

Quite correct Sky Blues the ARVO charge covers all the assets.

Saw Paul Fletcher referred to ....... says the football club should own the stadium and its income rights. Well as someone who was both head of the stadium and then the club over a period of 7 years, how exactly did you change things to facilitate that Paul? What income do you think the club doesnt get ? and I have no problem with the club owning it (i didnt say SISU) but having sold it on in the first place would you agree then they have to buy it back at a fair price not just be given it ? Given the cost of financing a deal how much real difference do you think it would make on the pitch ?

Most constructive and sensible words i have heard on the radio in the last 48 hours were from a professor Brady (?) from Salford university this morning around 8:15 CWR . Had a reasonable handle on most things in my opinion.

wingy

I reckon if Sisu were offerded £10-£12M. for the nothing they have they'd ship out.If ACL were sold it could

possibly be got for around the same .

The telling factor between these valuations is that Buying ACL currently producing a turnover Circa £6.5M.

while paying down debt and producing a modest profit.

The notional football valuation is based on a turnover again around £6.5-£7M. but £3M. is loss which has

to be covered while debts escalate to anywhere approaching £50-£55M.with no

prospect to pay down,therefore the notional value of the club is probaably £10-£12M. too high.:thinking about:

skyblueman

If Sisu are really valuing the club at anything like these figures then for sure they will pay the ACL debt else they will throwing away their only chance of getting at least a fair chunk of their money back

Sisu have to accept they need to pay their way from now on and stop trying to blame everyone else for their appalling miss-management

ACL load your guns......

SkyBlueWomble

ACL forcing the club into administration would be like pushing someone over a cliff whilst forgetting that they are handcuffed to them... which is why the club can get away without paying the rent in the short term.

You really have to question why the ACL directors chose to finance an effectively inter party transaction (i.e. the lease premium purchase) through a bank. Asking for trouble when one of your main tenants needed to pay the obligations on the loan is such a financial basket case as CCFC.

And the very maximum the club is worth to a 3rd party is the market value of its assets less any liabilities it has for it to continue to trade (e.g. football creditors).

OyJimmy

ACL is likely to determine that even Sisu aren't stupid enough to put us into liquidation when the club will be worth more as a going concern. Therefore ACL should call Sisus bluff and see what happens.

wingy

Any purchaser would have to prove funds for further development ....... but I would guess there is a price where that could happen and that would effectively block SISU's ambitions. Still be left with a dodgy tenant though Senior Vick.

Quite correct Sky Blues the ARVO charge covers all the assets.

Saw Paul Fletcher referred to ....... says the football club should own the stadium and its income rights. Well as someone who was both head of the stadium and then the club over a period of 7 years, how exactly did you change things to facilitate that Paul? What income do you think the club doesnt get ? and I have no problem with the club owning it (i didnt say SISU) but having sold it on in the first place would you agree then they have to buy it back at a fair price not just be given it ? Given the cost of financing a deal how much real difference do you think it would make on the pitch ?

Most constructive and sensible words i have heard on the radio in the last 48 hours were from a professor Brady (?) from Salford university this morning around 8:15 CWR . Had a reasonable handle on most things in my opinion.

He obviously thinks its cost the Club £10M. per an according to the trail from his interview they keep quoting on CWR.

Interesting how this is playing out in local politics ,two Tory councillors speaking up ,with Councillor Mutton reluctant to be drawn on the matter

yesterday while being grilled by Annie Othen on the council budget yesterday on CWR.

Learned his lesson from May when naively he spoke as a fan ,or reluctant to tie the Councils name to forthcoming action.

Users who are viewing this thread