ACL Embarassed?? (1 Viewer)

mattylad

Air heads! Coventry City stadium officials caught out in bizarre balloon protest............by Neil Moxley

There are those who say the balloon went up at Coventry City some months ago. But then, they probably reckoned without the extraordinary confrontation that took place in the car park at Crawley Town on Saturday.

The League One club, which was docked ten points after going into administration a few weeks ago, is at the centre of a bitter wrangle between owners SISU and the landlords at the Ricoh Arena, Arena Coventry Ltd

It now appears that relations between the factions have hit a new low after Sky Blues' acting chief executive Tim Fisher finished walking his dog, Hector, an English mastiff, before setting off for home following the club's 2-0 defeat

Upon returning to his Range Rover, however, he found two board members of ACL tying balloons to his windscreen wiper and wing mirrors, emblazoned with the words: 'SISU out.'

Red-faced duo Paul Harris and Peter Knatchbull-Hugessen were caught in the act, leaving an incredulous Fisher asking them to explain their actions.

An eyewitness said: 'They scuttled off like a pair of scolded schoolboys. Fisher wasn't best pleased. He was toying with the idea of letting the dog off the lead. 'In the end, he just asked them what they thought they were doing. I think he was laughing about it afterwards.'

A spokesman for Arena Coventry Ltd declined to comment.

Last edited:

Godiva

That made me laugh! :D:D:D

ajsccfc

It's an odd article, but specifying the name and breed of Fisher's dog is even odder. Does Neil Moxley get paid by the word?

RoboCCFC90

This has to be the best story I have ever read from the Daily Mail..

Not that there is much in the way of competition..

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
well as even TF seems to have been laughing about it........... no harm done.

Must admit it made me laugh

did it justify an article in the national press though?

RegTheDonk

Very juvenile by Harris and Knatchbull-Hugessen, to be honest. Though I hope the eyewitness wasn't correct about Fisher considering letting his dog off the lead. Even dafter thing to do.

olderskyblue

Very juvenile by Harris and Knatchbull-Hugessen, to be honest. Though I hope the eyewitness wasn't correct about Fisher considering letting his dog off the lead. Even dafter thing to do.

read "eye witness" as Tim Fisher... :p Is this his first statement in weeks?? ;)

tisza

Surprised the Mail didn't do an animal cruelty piece about leaving the dog in the car whilst the match was on :D.
Are we realy supposed to believe Fisher took his dog to an away game or is it because he's a bit of a Billy No Mates at the moment and can't find anyone else to go with?

mattylad

well as even TF seems to have been laughing about it........... no harm done.

Must admit it made me laugh

did it justify an article in the national press though?

No harm done? These are the people who stated a deal was done on a handshake, who are responsible for helping secure the future of CCFC and the Ricoh. To be blunt if I had employee's who acted in such a fashion it would be classed as gross misconduct and dealt with accordingly.

Lets be honest if this was SISU who pulled such a stunt then we would be screaming from the rafters. Personally I am disgusted that an officer level employee of any company could act in this fashion.

I really hope the story is not factually accurate.

Last edited:

cloughie

He was walking the dog outside the Ricoh after the Doncaster game.

A bit odd to take your dog to a game

jimmyhillsfanclub

I don't find this funny in the slightest.....

...These pricks from ACL & SISU are acting like its just another day of posh public school hi-jinx at the tuck shop while our club is rapidly going down the shitter.

Please will all these posh double-barrel chinless wonders from ACL & SISU just fuck right off.

Twats.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

I guess after month's / years of pressure this situation creates.

You'd end up letting off a bit of steam.

I laughed. Its just a crazy story that made me laugh.

These two parties are beyond talking to each other anymore anyway so it doesn't make a difference.

Very childish but is the sort of thing lots of people would do if they thought they could get away with it

Colonel Mustard

Lets be honest if this was SISU who pulled such a stunt then we would be screaming from the rafters. Personally I am disgusted that an officer level employee of any company could act in this fashion.

So true. It would have been declared a conspiracy by SISU to win the public relations battle using underhand tactics typical of a hedge fund etc etc.

But I'm keen to hear whether PWKH denies it.

hill83

This website would buckle if a Sisu board member did this. The uproar would be deafening.

But an ACL board member did it, so it's all shits and giggles.

LarryGrayson

This website would buckle if a Sisu board member did this. The uproar would be deafening.

to right its a shit and pathetic thing to do whichever side does it

dongonzalos

I was thinking what would I say if TF was caught tying a balloon to PWKH's car.

I have to confess I would have a rant.

Is it hypocritical - yes

However I understand why.

SISU made decisions last season that made me watch my club drop into division three.

They the conducted business negotiations in such a manner my club is in an absolute state.

Now there is a ray of light and they stand in the way.

So yes it taints my perception of events and makes me hypocritical

LastGarrison

It's an odd article, but specifying the name and breed of Fisher's dog is even odder. Does Neil Moxley get paid by the word?

Don't think it would have had the same effect though if the article said he was thinking about letting his dog go and it turned out he had a chihuahua called Fifi!!!

torchomatic

You could have stopped after "hypocritical".

I was thinking what would I say if TF was caught tying a balloon to PWKH's car.

I have to confess I would have a rant.

Is it hypocritical - yes

However I understand why.

SISU made decisions last season that made me watch my club drop into division three.

They the conducted business negotiations in such a manner my club is in an absolute state.

Now there is a ray of light and they stand in the way.

So yes it taints my perception of events and makes me hypocritical

James Smith

Whilst I can see the extremely funny side of it, it is a pretty immature thing to do. Right that having been said if this is true then it will be the first time in a long time that I've believed something I've read in the Mail.
Funny example here, have a look at the second picture down in the main body of the article and spot the (not) deliberate mistake http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2112982/Stars-paid-60-000-sit-fashion-row.html

SallyCinnamon

Wonder what ACL director Paul Harris's boss - Virgin Media boss Richard Branson - thinks of him getting involved in this farce.

Did he get the idea for the balloons from Branson who regularly flies in them?

Godiva

Right that having been said if this is true then...

I think PWKH would have denied it by now if the story wasn't true. He seem very quick to comment on sisu actions and statements.

covcity4life

anyone who defends this or downplays it is a stupid shit

this is just a game to acl,they want to win and finish with last laugh they dont give a shit about ccfc

after this we now know we can disregard PKWH posts, anytime he says sisu have not responded we cant trust him

dont post again you prick

Users who are viewing this thread