ACL council Higgs (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

So that shows they have no plan or vision then?

The rent has always been high, any prudent business would have conducted negotiations on this straight away, regardless of how high income was.

Bottom line is in 2007/08 Sisu were the good guys, and could have used that to get a good deal for the club.

1.28m isn't much if you're in the prem, SISUs plan was to get to the prem, it failed, we had to cut costs etc. and sell to keep us afloat, before you know it, we're here.

Now it's desperate, so it was always going to get messy.

torchomatic

It's true. We have been. The previous board tried to knock the rent down too.

According to Grendel we have been ripped off from day one-so would it not be in any club's interest to address it as soon as possible? Circumstances changed purely as a result of the board's own mistakes.

coundonskyblue

1.28m isn't much if you're in the prem, SISUs plan was to get to the prem, it failed, we had to cut costs etc. and sell to keep us afloat, before you know it, we're here.

But for the long term future of the Club why not buy it? Why plan only for getting promoted?

Its these reckless policies of various owners of our club that have got us in this mess. If Sisu had given me free reign of £45m and the club in 2007 I would have the off field in far better shape right now.

oakey

There is an inconsistency in your argument here. You have many times implied that ACL were ripping off the club by charging too high a rent, but now you say "1.28mill isn't much if you're in the Prem." The rent was either too high or it wasn't. Either way SISU were late in the day making such an issue of it. Incompetence or deceit?

Grendel

But for the long term future of the Club why not buy it? Why plan only for getting promoted?

Its these reckless policies of various owners of our club that have got us in this mess. If Sisu had given me free reign of £45m and the club in 2007 I would have the off field in far better shape right now.

So you would have done better then SISU, Elliot, Robinson, Richardson etc.

Also better than the owners of Leicester and Forest to name but two of many many loss making football clubs.

Please tell us your secret. You clearly are a high flying very qualified businessman, so how would you have done it?

stupot07

The plan was clearly to try and get promoted to the PL, which is worth £50m+ thereby raising the cash to buy the stadium.

Brighton Sky Blue

They did Ken Deleui slashed the wage budget and employed a cheap option manager

The irony being that such absurd cost cutting got us relegated and has exacerbated our financial predicament more than the additional spending needed to hire a manager who wasn't a complete idiot.

Brighton Sky Blue

The same way people seem to know what Fisher and SISU are saying and up to most of the time.

Ah, Tim-never told a porkie to get his own way has he? ACL cut off talks when Fisher rejected the umpteenth offer on the table. 80% of matchday revenues (remaining 20% belonging to a 3rd party), reduction of the rent by nearly £1m, lengthy repayment schedules for the contract breaking extravaganza-why is this so unacceptable that he now uses the club's existence as a bargaining chip?

coundonskyblue

So you would have done better then SISU, Elliot, Robinson, Richardson etc.

Also better than the owners of Leicester and Forest to name but two of many many loss making football clubs.

Please tell us your secret. You clearly are a high flying very qualified businessman, so how would you have done it?

I am not, I know nothing about business, yet even I can see where they have gone wrong. Does it not concern you that an idiot like me can see where our hedge fund owners have gone wrong yet the people in control of your football club can't?

If we're talking about the last shower, not selling HR before a brick has even been laid at the new ground would be a start. Not to borrow money on future revenues (when you don't know what those revenues would be), not to pay the chairman the highest salary in the country the year the club go down.

Current lot, use some of the £45m to buy at least half the ground, run the club competantly (i.e. dont allow directors to sit in the dugout, suggest fans should choose the subs, spend time debating the obesity of Elephants) to ensure that you give the Impression you at least know what your doing, and don't lie/spin. Simple as really.

Last edited:

torchomatic

How do you know it was "half arsed"? All you've done is quote PWKH word for word. Robinson didn't seem to think it was half-arsed with his quotes at the time.

The board under Robinson made a half arsed attempt in 2005-nobody has done since.

Grendel

I am not, I know nothing about business, yet even I can see where they have gone wrong. Does it not concern you that an idiot like me can see where our hedge fund owners have gone wrong yet the people in control of your football can't?

If we're talking about the last shower, not selling HR before a brick has even been laid at the new ground would be a start. Not too borrow money on future revenues (when you don't know what those revenues would be), not to pay the chairman the highest salary in the country the year the club go down.
a
Current lot, use some of the £45m to buy at least half the ground, run the club competantly (i.e. dont allow directors to sit in the dugout, suggest fans should choose the subs, spend time debating the obesity of Elephants) to ensure that you give the Impression you at least know what your doing, and don't lie/spin. Simple as really.

Amazing. I suggest you offer your services to all 92 clubs you clearly are one talented individual.

I assume in your view then the Ken Deliu year was the most succesful by your own business barometer?

Brighton Sky Blue

How do you know it was "half arsed"? All you've done is quote PWKH word for word. Robinson didn't seem to think it was half-arsed with his quotes at the time.

PWKH gave the full details of what Robinson wanted and it wasn't so much a reduction but the first few months free that he was after. Whatever it was he can't have pushed very hard as the figure has remained unchanged to the present date. I take PWKH as an infinitely more reliable source than Fisher any day of the week-then again, even you accepted his word for things on SISU not chasing it up in 2007.

Brighton Sky Blue

Amazing. I suggest you offer your services to all 92 clubs you clearly are one talented individual.

I assume in your view then the Ken Deliu year was the most succesful by your own business barometer?

SISU have made countless ill appointments at boardroom level, have overseen a drop in the average gate to barely 10,000, a second relegation, and have made ludicrous threats about groundsharing and building a new stadium. What part of their tenure has been a success?

coundonskyblue

Here, you can just email out this link if you like http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/football-league-blog/2010/sep/09/how-to-run-football-club , I assume you disagree with all this?

I really don't understand your point, as I have stated that a club shouldn't sell its ground before a new one is built, yet you disagree with me on that? So why then do you think it so important that CCFC gain the Ricoh?

How was the Orange Ken era successful on my business barometer? He broke every rule.

Grendel

Here, you can just email out this link if you like http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/football-league-blog/2010/sep/09/how-to-run-football-club , I assume you disagree with all this?

I really don't understand your point, as I have stated that a club shouldn't sell its ground before a new one is built, yet you disagree with me on that? So why then do you think it so important that CCFC gain the Ricoh?

How was the Orange Ken era successful on my business barometer? He broke every rule.

We lost less money under his regime. He slashed costs and tried to balance revenues. As we cannot make extra revenue that is according to you financial competence and not spending money we do not have.

stupot07

The irony being that such absurd cost cutting got us relegated and has exacerbated our financial predicament more than the additional spending needed to hire a manager who wasn't a complete idiot.

On the flip side we were losing £6m per season 2 years ago, we were told that we had planned for up to £3m losses this season. In a way we're financially better off for being relegated

Users who are viewing this thread