Aching Hearts, Heavy Boots (1 Viewer)

cofastreecity

Aching Hearts, Heavy Boots and Elliot Ness
As the Reading fans streamed out 10 minutes before the end of the game, humour was in abundance with the circa 1300 aching hearts who braved the freezing cold, as through croaking voices they belted out " Is there a fire drill", it was a moment that raised much laughter on another painful day, where life seems to be slowly draining out of that wonderful Sky Blue shirt. There was just too many heavy boots on the pitch in front of us, and too few who really wanted to fight, however wonderful it was to see the passion of Nimely grab a fistful of the elephant at the end of the match, I only wish there was more of this in the team. I am sure we could all name the 4 or 5 pairs of boots who visibly care about keeping the club in the championship. As for AT, or should I say Elliot Ness, well he truly seems untouchable, his words no longer mean what they once may have, and whilst SISU continue to look to the stars for inspiration, Mr Thorn continues to view the tables of 5 wins in 30, then looks in the mirror and says, what a lucky chappy i am!!! History shows Coventrians do not throw the towel in, and whilst the fans booed the players and manager off at half time, the passion and humour remains, although time is not on our side. AT please be the honourable man you say you are and walk as the players are not responding, team polish your boots, have some humility and fight, SISU build up on the leadership changes of recent weeks and bring in a new inspirational leader, incentivise him to keep the SBs in the league, and draft in 2/3 loans, with the grit of Wise and determination of Wise.

ccfcway

why use 2 paragraphs, when it will fit in one

;)

I only read this thread, as i thought it was the autobiography of Steven Pressley

smileycov

Facebook User
Good post, we need a spark to boost the lads again. I am sure they will fight if they felt the point.It just seems that SISU are doing everything they can to send us down. God only knows why. A new manager, 2 or 3 more loanees - that be great not gonna happen though. Maybe scrape a win from somewhere and kick on, beacuse at present we are starting to just roll over and accept relegation. We need to believe if we expect the team to believe.!!
PUSB

@richh87

We're down as far as i'm concerned.

The best I can hope for is new owners next season and a promotion challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread