ACDC New Album (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Got my sister to order me the new ACDC album on Amazon recently, and I felt like a kid on Christmas morning when it arrived. And it doesn't disappoint as its typical ACDC hard rock music, every track a winner.
But it took me back to some years ago when I bought 2 tickets for me and my then missus, to see them at the NEC in Brum. Unfortunately she was ill when the concert came around so couldn't go. At the last minute I got a good mate to come instead, and although not a heavy metal fan he enjoyed the night.
I mention this because he passed away a few months ago, and I went to his funeral. Listening to the album made me think back to him attending the concert in place of my missus. By the way ACDC are great live !

NorthernWisdom

It is, however, an AC/DC album. Not much change from Flick of the Switch!

I suppose why change it, but I do often think they're the Status Quo of Heavy Metal. More amazing they managed to make it at all however, given Brian Johnson's hearing issues, and Phil Rudd's liking for Crystal Meth once he got to retirement age!

bringbackrattles

I suppose why change it, but I do often think they're the Status Quo of Heavy Metal.
Listened to Brian Johnson on Planet Rock the other night. He would agree with you as he says they've deliberately not changed their sound and style. I like that why fix something that's not broken ?

chiefdave

Great album, didn't think we'd get another album from them. Love Through the Mists of Time, proper Slade vibe to that one.

Number 1 in the midweeks and outselling the rest of the top 5 (Kylie, Bocelli, Paloma Faith and McFly) combined.

Now just get covid sorted so we can have a tour.

NorthernWisdom

Now just get covid sorted so we can have a tour.
I gave up my tickets for the last one - didn't want to see a tribute act as it became.

Could just about deal with Malcolm Young being replaced by his cousin as that's suitably respectful, and even Chris Slade had been in the band before, lose three of 'em at the same time though, too much.

Never thought I'd get a chance to see them after that but... it seems stranger things might happen!

chiefdave

I gave up my tickets for the last one - didn't want to see a tribute act as it became.

Could just about deal with Malcolm Young being replaced by his cousin as that's suitably respectful, and even Chris Slade had been in the band before, lose three of 'em at the same time though, too much.

Never thought I'd get a chance to see them after that but... it seems stranger things might happen!
I didn't bother with the Axl Rose thing either. To be honest something was a bit off at Wembley the tour before. But of course it later emerged that Johnson couldn't hear.

Will definitely be going when they announce dates for this album. You never know when it'll be the last chance to see them. Although I heard an interview with Angus the other day where he said they'd already got another two albums worth of songs written.

Grendel

I suppose why change it, but I do often think they're the Status Quo of Heavy Metal. More amazing they managed to make it at all however, given Brian Johnson's hearing issues, and Phil Rudd's liking for Crystal Meth once he got to retirement age!

Flick of the Switch was the last album I bought and I thought the same

I don’t want to have a deep analysis of AC DC but to me they were a totally different band when Bon Scott was the singer. Small venues lots of strut - Johnson was a great choice as he can do the old stuff well but it all became pretty bland

Users who are viewing this thread