According to Walsall manager... (1 Viewer)

6 Generations

BBC Coventry and Warwickshire have just tweeted that the manager of Walsall F.C. (Dean Smith), Coventry WILL NOT be playing their home games at The Bescot this season!!

Desperados

Would be nice if "our" club just told us the craic about where they think/say we are playing......the joke of this situation just gets bigger every day!

6 Generations

It never was going to be Walsall. Fisher said so at forums.

Did he?

Neil Moxey's article in the Daily Mai (Wednesday 19th June)l, regarding our current plight suggests that a ground share option will be taken.
He is convinced that under our current owners, Coventry City will not be playing at The Ricoh Arena this season.

quinn1971

Did he?

Neil Moxey's article in the Daily Mai (Wednesday 19th June)l, regarding our current plight suggests that a ground share option will be taken.
He is convinced that under our current owners, Coventry City will not be playing at The Ricoh Arena this season.

They said we'd left the ricoh last season and we ended up back there. Can't see it not being the ricoh.

Otis

Fisher is going to look really silly if it does have to be the Ricoh after consistently saying we won't be playing there again.

He should have left all options open and said that the club would love to play at the Ricoh but were unable to do so, rather than show such intransigence.

letsallsingtogether

Dought it they have got no balls and fisher did say at 2 forums it would not be Walsall or the Ricoh and I think we should take him at his word he has never lied to us before:laugh:
Maybe the FL has insisted that Fisher et al must play in Coventry?

SkyBlueRuffian

Brum, Leicester, WBA, Villa, Wolves and Northampton all rulled out by fixture clashes, so that only leaves Nene Park....or the Ricoh?

@richh87

Fisher is full of shit people. Please don't use his quotes as if they are likely to be factual.

torchomatic

Both sides are going to look stupid with the one with the most face to lose. But who cares as long as we stay at the Ricoh?+

Fisher is going to look really silly if it does have to be the Ricoh after consistently saying we won't be playing there again.

He should have left all options open and said that the club would love to play at the Ricoh but were unable to do so, rather than show such intransigence.

torchomatic

But people (Including you) on here take his word as gospel if it's bad news. How many threads have there been saying "I won't go to Walsall", "We are Coventry not Walsall", etc etc?

If people thought he was lying then those threads wouldn't exist, would they?

Anything anyone says from SISU, ACL or CCC needs to be taken with a huge pinch of salt.

Fisher is full of shit people. Please don't use his quotes as if they are likely to be factual.

sky blue john

Both sides are going to look stupid with the one with the most face to lose. But who cares as long as we stay at the Ricoh?+

If sisu are in control of the club i hope we are not playing at the ricoh !!!
This will make more supporters like yourself, the ones who don't care as long as we play in cov stand against sisu !!!
I am not labeling you a sisu supporter because i know your not you just want to watch your team in cov whoever owns them.

torchomatic

No, I'm not a SISU supporter and yes if we are at the Ricoh I will buy my season ticket and support the team for the coming season as I have for the last forty. With posters like yourself there is always the insinuation that we "don't care" and are "scabs" and not "real fans". People go on about SISU dividing fans. You're not doing such a bad job yourself.

So just because you don't want SISU here you hope they don't play the Ricoh? What about the thousands that do? Freedom of choice.

You know, I've never smoked, can't stand it, hate the smell, but do I want it banned so no one can do it? No. Again, freedom of choice. Get over it.

If sisu are in control of the club i hope we are not playing at the ricoh !!!
This will make more supporters like yourself, the ones who don't care as long as we play in cov stand against sisu !!!
I am not labeling you a sisu supporter because i know your not you just want to watch your team in cov whoever owns them.

dongonzalos

So because it may not be Walsall as they probably asked to be paid up front.

Why would that mean it is the Ricoh?

Why not St. Andrews ?

Sterling Archer

BBC Coventry and Warwickshire have just tweeted that the manager of Walsall F.C. (Dean Smith), Coventry WILL NOT be playing their home games at The Bescot this season!!
But everyone on here has told me we definitely are, the club is dying and we're changing the name to SISU FC.:whistle:

Dean Smith must be directly employed by SISU to trick us!

:facepalm:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Because the fans would have been lied to!!!! And all this time wasted on not selling season tickets.

You 'don't care' that might have alienated thousands of fans? :facepalm:

db2013

So because it may not be Walsall as they probably asked to be paid up front.

Why would that mean it is the Ricoh?

Why not St. Andrews ?

Any team in there right mind would not let the idiots in control of this club play at there ground. I personally think it will be the Ricoh, Tim fish face knows that moving to a new ground will not bring in the crowds. They need the revenue without it they will be dead within a year.

dongonzalos

But everyone on here has told me we definitely are, the club is dying and we're changing the name to SISU FC.:whistle:

Dean Smith must be directly employed by SISU to trick us!

:facepalm:

Not to sure you can say everyone.

Myself and from what I have seen quite a few have wrote Walsall (or wherever)

Maybe you should just listen to the club who are telling you they intend to move away for 3 years.

Does it matter if it is Walsall or Birmingham?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread