Academy Protest Idea's (2 Viewers)

skybluetony176

The other threads about the academy are getting overtaken by the usual politics. Can we use this thread as a brainstorming thread while leaving the BS polotics aside on how we can raise the awareness of our concerns for the academy as fans of CCFC and for many of us (not me) residents of Coventry and what these means for the City's young footballing talent.

I suggested this on another thread but what about another sky blue ribbon protest centred on the Higgs centre and Allard Way? I think the fans of CCFC claiming the Higgs Centre in some way as our's visually for the whole City to see would be a good point to make.

Last edited:

Monners

Can or have the SBT asked for a meeting with the Coventry (clue in the name) Sporting Foundation? And then have a similar meet with CA?

jimmyhillsfanclub

2 things I've learned over the last couple years......

1. Don't try & organise a protest on a football forum......
2. Even if you do....and it is deemed a success.....it ultimately will achieve nothing.....

Happy Wednesday folks.

chiefdave

Can or have the SBT asked for a meeting with the Coventry (clue in the name) Sporting Foundation? And then have a similar meet with CA?
I'd like a meeting with Anderson, Breed and Duggins all at the same time. Would cut out some of the back and forth and contradictory statements. If one side claims something the other side will be sat there to either confirm or dispute it.

Nick

Administrator
The other threads about the academy are getting overtaken by the usual politics. Can we use this thread as a brainstorming thread while leaving the BS polotics aside on how we can raise the awareness of our concerns for the academy as fans of CCFC and for many of us (not me) residents of Coventry and what these means for the City's young footballing talent.

I suggested this on another thread but what about another sky blue ribbon protest centred on the Higgs centred and Allard Way? I think the fans of CCFC claiming the Higgs Centre in some way as our's visually for the whole City to see would be a good point to make.

While I am not sure the Ribbons willdo much, I agree about people needing to know and being made aware of the risks etc.

chiefdave

CSF are a charity, wonder if there is any mileage in the trust opening dialogue with the Charity Commission? There's an argument to be made that the course of action CSF is pursuing is at odds with their charitable aims.

Monners

I'd like a meeting with Anderson, Breed and Duggins all at the same time. Would cut out some of the back and forth and contradictory statements. If one side claims something the other side will be sat there to either confirm or dispute it.
That could be an aim of having the first meetings. The first thing is to establish where the fans (and overall community) sit in all this, and therefore identify common ground for discussion. They would be unlikely to agree to meet in the same room "cold" as it were merely on the behest of the SBT. And any public forum would end in the usual tooing and froing (like we see on here on a daily basis) - they wouldn't agr to that anyway.

Covstu

CSF are a charity, wonder if there is any mileage in the trust opening dialogue with the Charity Commission? There's an argument to be made that the course of action CSF is pursuing is at odds with their charitable aims.
I am sure they would be able to spin that into creating jobs, improving young peoples lives in Rugby or some other kind of BS.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I suggested this on another thread but what about another sky blue ribbon protest centred on the Higgs centred and Allard Way? I think the fans of CCFC claiming the Higgs Centre in some way as our's visually for the whole City to see would be a good point to make.
Shhhhhhh

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

As I said the other day on one of the threads needs to be CCFC,CCC,Higgs or whatever,and Wasps these are all parties that are involved one room one meeting attended by telegraph observer and an independent body. But you just know it's not going to happen,however the ones that refuse to attend ?????????

martcov

CA goes to CCC, shows an offer of a 10 year rent guarantee to the CSF, Higgs Centre and asks CCC to put pressure on CSF for a no strings attached meeting. CCFC asks to become involved with the bid for Culture City ( are they already involved? ), Wasps claimed that they - wasps - were at the start of the bid - I don't know what they are doing now though. Perhaps offering to play a pre-season friendly against a European third division Club e.g. Holstein Kiel 3. Bundesliga? The culture bid deadline must come soon. An offer of co-operation with CCC on this would be a gesture towards some sort of future peace. BUT: I don't know a. when the bid deadline is or 2. whether CCFC are already involved or 3. whether the deal for the centre is closed for ever.

stupot07

CA goes to CCC, shows an offer of a 10 year rent guarantee to the CSF, Higgs Centre and asks CCC to put pressure on CSF for a no strings attached meeting. CCFC asks to become involved with the bid for Culture City ( are they already involved? ), Wasps claimed that they - wasps - were at the start of the bid - I don't know what they are doing now though. Perhaps offering to play a pre-season friendly against a European third division Club e.g. Holstein Kiel 3. Bundesliga? The culture bid deadline must come soon. An offer of co-operation with CCC on this would be a gesture towards some sort of future peace. BUT: I don't know a. when the bid deadline is or 2. whether CCFC are already involved or 3. whether the deal for the centre is closed for ever.
53de5ea709252250a1cd8bd0ee868cb5.gif

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Objects of the Charity (from Charity Commission website)

THE COMPANY IS ESTABLISHED FOR PROVIDING OR ASSISTING IN THE PROVISION OF FACILITIES FOR RECREATION, PHYSICAL EDUCATION OR OTHER LEISURE-TIME OCCUPATION IN OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CITY OF COVENTRY AND ITS NEIGHBOURHOOD.

not sure where they have been at odds CD

Warwickhunt

When the MP hold his weekly sessions we as supporters need to flood his office to discuss the Academy situation and why Coventry land paid for by the tax payers of Coventry are being handed over to a London sporting facility

chiefdave

When the MP hold his weekly sessions we as supporters need to flood his office to discuss the Academy situation and why Coventry facilities are being handed over to a London sporting facility
Good idea. Get on to councillors as well.
Someone that knows planning regs inside and out needs to look over this with a fine tooth comb and advise on what objections can be raised by local residents. Then get as many lodged as possible.

chiefdave

I think now Wasps are doing stuff, action should be done and pressure against them.

They have no affinity to CCFC or our fans. Fuck them.
Definitely. When you speak to people outside the city they are amazed at the way they have been allowed to walk in with so little resistance. That needs to stop now.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Good intentions but imo pointless, its a done deal and a protest won't change that.

The time too get them out was when they first arrived. If they had 3k for the opening match instead of 30k they would be long gone by now.

stupot07

So some ideas (inc. those read on here):
- Sky Blue Ribbons
- March
- Write to local councillors and mps
- online petition to get it discussed in the commons? (rather than have a number of them started, i suggest the Trust start it)
- formal petition / objection through the planning.
- boycott of wasps games by ccfc fans (wishful thinking)
- could we get the FA or FL involved?
- write to the Minister for Sport?

Last edited:

lifeskyblue

When the MP hold his weekly sessions we as supporters need to flood his office to discuss the Academy situation and why Coventry land paid for by the tax payers of Coventry are being handed over to a London sporting facility

I agree with this and will be writing to the Coventry MPs and those in government but I have a problem with the fact that we are also owned by a hedge fund that would behave in an equally irresponsible fashion given half a chance. How a Labour council allowed this to happen re wasps and how the football league allowed it with CCFC is beyond me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

Good ideas, Stu...I would also suggest making other clubs aware of the situation we find ourselves in due to Wasps moving to the city- there is a lack of awareness in general about the situation, IMO. Due to family matters am going to be up in the Midlands a lot over the next few months so happy to help out with anything at the weekends.

Sick Boy

I agree with this and will be writing to the Coventry MPs and those in government but I have a problem with the fact that we are also owned by a hedge fund that would behave in an equally irresponsible fashion given half a chance. How a Labour council allowed this to happen re wasps and how the football league allowed it with CCFC is beyond me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We all have an issue with being owned by a hedge fund....don't forget Wasps are as well.

Sick Boy

Good intentions but imo pointless, its a done deal and a protest won't change that.

The time too get them out was when they first arrived. If they had 3k for the opening match instead of 30k they would be long gone by now.

There's no point in being passive and not even trying though.

Users who are viewing this thread