ABUSE IN FOOTBALL. (1 Viewer)

Otis

You still have to be naked under the towel and the towel has to be constantly moved to reveal the parts being massaged. I just don't see the point.
Well I think the towel is placed exactly so you don't see the point.

That's the point.

Nick

Administrator
It's amazing how times seem to have changed, all these young lads staying at football coaches houses years ago. Surely if a bloke asks if your kid can stay over then alarm bells ring?

chiefdave

It's amazing how times seem to have changed, all these young lads staying at football coaches houses years ago. Surely if a bloke asks if your kid can stay over then alarm bells ring?
I can see they might stay at a hotel / hostel if they travel for a game or something but staying round the coaches house would surely set alarm bells off, even if 'things were different then'. Thats before you even consider that these don't sound like one off overnight stays.

Nick

Administrator
I can see they might stay at a hotel / hostel if they travel for a game or something but staying round the coaches house would surely set alarm bells off, even if 'things were different then'. Thats before you even consider that these don't sound like one off overnight stays.

Even so though, maybe Im just more careful as it is now and not then. I wouldn't let my kids ship off with strangers, I am wary about most people as it is.

wingy

Even so though, maybe Im just more careful as it is now and not then. I wouldn't let my kids ship off with strangers, I am wary about most people as it is.
There was a lot more innocence /ignorance back then.
Your view today is a reaction to that,the fact it is now exposed and we're all more informed.
It is really sad though as even today that scenario could exist completely innocently where people just want to help or benefit others with opportunities 99% of the time.
Just the 1% of malevolent fuckers that skew our minds.

Nick

Administrator
There was a lot more innocence /ignorance back then.
Your view today is a reaction to that,the fact it is now exposed and we're all more informed.
It is really sad though as even today that scenario could exist completely innocently where people just want to help or benefit others with opportunities 99% of the time.
Just the 1% of malevolent fuckers that skew our minds.

It is hard not to think like it though :( People could just be being nice, but still doesn't stop it from looking a bit strange and I'd kind of expect other parents to think that too if I was to volunteer for something and it looked a bit weird.

wingy

It is hard not to think like it though :( People could just be being nice, but still doesn't stop it from looking a bit strange and I'd kind of expect other parents to think that too if I was to volunteer for something and it looked a bit weird.
It shouldn't though really most people are well intentioned, but it seems we have to be, like you I would be very observant of individuals with access to my kids, that is a shame but reality.

Nick

Administrator
It shouldn't though really most people are well intentioned, but it seems we have to be, like you I would be very observant of individuals with access to my kids, that is a shame but reality.

Not everybody is though, I remember when a school friend came round for tea. The parents couldn't hand their kids over soon enough and they knew absolutely nothing about where we lived, who we were etc.

We made sure we knew who there were, where they lived, what they were like etc before we considering letting her go to their house. I'd have CRB checked if I could :)

duffer

Not everybody is though, I remember when a school friend came round for tea. The parents couldn't hand their kids over soon enough and they knew absolutely nothing about where we lived, who we were etc.

We made sure we knew who there were, where they lived, what they were like etc before we considering letting her go to their house. I'd have CRB checked if I could :)

I think that being wary is just fine, Nick.

My father in law, a primary school teacher, gave me a good piece of advice on this; never allow yourself to be left on your own with someone else's child.

Of course for teachers that's more about the risk of false accusations, but as a bloke and a parent I think it's quite a good rule to follow too.

I should just add that this might just be my paranoia. And I don't really like being around kids that much anyway, especially when they're not mine - it's just they all seem to have very different concepts of hygiene and personal space to my own. ;)

Last edited:

wingy

Dario Grady suspended from role at Crewe, but it seems related to his time at Chelsea and smoothing over a complaint in the seventies.
Quite a coincidence being involved at two clubs where similar issues reared their heads.
Not implying involvement, just that it's a curious scenario.

Nick

Administrator
Dario Grady suspended from role at Crewe, but it seems related to his time at Chelsea and smoothing over a complaint in the seventies.
Quite a coincidence being involved at two clubs where similar issues reared their heads.
Not implying involvement, just that it's a curious scenario.
Bloody hell, can see loads coming out

Users who are viewing this thread