abstaining fans (1 Viewer)

matesx

Just interested to know if anyone on here who has been boycotting St Andrews is having second thoughts?

Encouraged this morning when speaking to abstaining colleagues that they are starting to think about it.

Each to their own as always.

ccfc_ukr

For me personally its not a boycott - personal circumstances mean that Birmingham with the logistics etc just make it too difficult to attend. Having said that its killing me not being able to see them play - and is even further compounded by the results we are getting! I certainly would be inclined to attend a game or two if circumstances allow during the seaon!

Nick

Administrator
There was a bloke on the phone in who said he didnt want to give the club money but last night he paid for iFollow and he is considering going to St Andrews but not because we are winning.

I'm not sure he would say the same if we had lost every game.

NorthernWisdom

Not boycotting, but the wrong place and extra hassle doesn't always make it possible / encourage me.

We played great stuff at Sixfields too, of course.

As with every team, winning games will keep crowds up / increase them, while losing will see a decline. The wrong place means our scales are borked, however.

BodicoteSkyBlue

Not boycotting myself, family & work commitments have made it almost impossible for me right now. 1st game I was planning to attend is Ipswich in December & I see that’s moved to a Sunday now!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

There was a bloke on the phone in who said he didnt want to give the club money but last night he paid for iFollow and he is considering going to St Andrews but not because we are winning.

I'm not sure he would say the same if we had lost every game.
He was aware that the club make money from ifollow right?

I hate people like him.... doesn’t deserve to support us right now, he’s the type of person who’s been the Wembley twice, no other games but complained when we sold Bayliss and McNulty

Reactions: TTG

Liquid Gold

He was aware that the club make money from ifollow right?

I hate people like him.... doesn’t deserve to support us right now, he’s the type of person who’s been the Wembley twice, no other games but complained when we sold Bayliss and McNulty
They should also be aware that it's not unusual for clubs to make 5% from their away ticket sales.

Malaka

Not boycotting, but the wrong place and extra hassle doesn't always make it possible / encourage me.

We played great stuff at Sixfields too, of course.

As with every team, winning games will keep crowds up / increase them, while losing will see a decline. The wrong place means our scales are borked, however.
We played great stuff at Sixfields, away and at St Andrews. The connection here is playing on a pitch created to play football on. Moving back to the Ricoh would be to our detriment IMO. But I would like to play in Coventry, I am torn. ( I do go to St Andrews)

wince

Try reading what he put!
I did, what about the more goals we score , the further from the council house we play, you and him and the like ,are always moaning about fan unity , and at every opportunity you want knock and divide the fan base , why don't you just enjoy the football for a change, don't worry if people are missing the games its not your problem

Nick

Administrator
I did, what about the more goals we score , the further from the council house we play, you and him and the like ,are always moaning about fan unity , and at every opportunity you want knock and divide the fan base , why don't you just enjoy the football for a change, don't worry if people are missing the games its not your problem

You clearly didn't read what he said. It's you trying to get worked up about something that hasn't been said.

Standard irony.

fatso

Fucking hell,
We are top of the league, playing well, still got some great players to come back, and yet STILL some cunts want to find something to moan about!!!
Personally, I couldnt give a flying fuck who comes and who dosnt, can we PLEASE just enjoy this while it lasts!!!

wince

Fucking hell,
We are top of the league, playing well, still got some great players to come back, and yet STILL some cunts want to find something to moan about!!!
Personally, I couldnt give a flying fuck who comes and who dosnt, can we PLEASE just enjoy this while it lasts!!!
TOP POST

covcity4life

not been yet, watched every game on ifollow. watching the actual games is all that matters to me doesnt matter if in person or on tv

that said nothing quite like being there so hope to get to a game by end of october and see how i feel about st andrews

Flying Fokker

I’m not going. And I will not jump on the bandwagon. But when we return to Cov I’ll be there. The clue is in the team name. I can see the psyche of ‘every game an away game’ but the club continues to alienate the fans. 5k home fans at St Andrews last night. There would have been 14k at the Ricoh.

Liquid Gold

I’m not going. And I will not jump on the bandwagon. But when we return to Cov I’ll be there. The clue is in the team name. I can see the psyche of ‘every game an away game’ but the club continues to alienate the fans. 5k home fans at St Andrews last night. There would have been 14k at the Ricoh.
And we'd have lost playing on the ploughed field.

Kingokings204

This is me also. Winning is cloud 9 for me right now and being top of the league but my decision is purely mine and nothing to do with winning or losing. It’s not even a question for me although I get asked if I will go now we are top of the league. It’s a silly question.

I understand the whole politics and situation but I have made my mind up and it breaks my heart but I can’t control the off field situation.

For the record I respect people who go and make the extra travel and cost. It really is a personal moral decision for everyone.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Yeah but unfortunately the landlords of the Ricoh won’t let us play there.

Fans should get up there and support the team. The only way we’ll keep this up is supporting the lads

Otis

For me personally its not a boycott - personal circumstances mean that Birmingham with the logistics etc just make it too difficult to attend. Having said that its killing me not being able to see them play - and is even further compounded by the results we are getting! I certainly would be inclined to attend a game or two if circumstances allow during the season!
Yeah, that is kind of me. That and what NW has said.

I bought a season ticket but haven't been to a single game yet. Winning all the time makes no difference to me, other than irking me more that we are not in Coventry.

Winning every single game is not going to change anything for me. I didn't want to go to Birmingham and still wouldn't, no matter how many games we won.

The whole thing is still a sorry mess.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Didn’t know that in my opinion away teams should get a much bigger proportion of away fan money, atleast half.

I agree - if you're making nothing from it what's the incentive to try and sell tickets. Unless the opposition could sell the ground out to home fans they potentially benefit from F&B sales etc so arguably the away team should keep the ticket price and only pay an admin fee for the tickets they take.

rob9872

14k at the Ricoh - Wimbledon at home on a Tuesday night? :) :) :) :) :) :)

clint van damme

I made it up from Bristol last night without any trouble, enjoyed the game and went mental when we won. Being part of the crowd for these games and experiences is becoming something special. If I can do it from the 100 miles away you can do it from 20 with club assisted travel and cheap tickets. Give it a try.

fair play, I had a nightmare getting from Pool Meadow!

Users who are viewing this thread