About Nuneaton (1 Viewer)

I`m in the process of moving and would like some facts about the place doesnt matter whether true or false humour me guys!

NuneatonSkyBlue

Its not that bad of a place really. The town centre has most shops that you'll probably ever need, although they aren't the biggest. Plenty of pubs and clubs etc...

On housing i would say that the coventry - hinkley side of town (horeston grange, weddington, st nics park) is the better side, no council estates, nicer houses, nicers parks, closer to town centre, better schools etc...

And yes we do say buz lol

SkyBlueScottie

I visited a friend in bedworth yesterday, with in seconds of each other I saw an old guy rding a cross between a 50 cc scooter and motability scooter, while wearing a cycle helmet, and then a guy standing on a corner with a hand down down his trousers.... beautiful

Nick

Administrator
I visited a friend in bedworth yesterday, with in seconds of each other I saw an old guy rding a cross between a 50 cc scooter and motability scooter, while wearing a cycle helmet, and then a guy standing on a corner with a hand down down his trousers.... beautiful

That is what dreams are made of. You should have gone in JB's opposite the market for a real taste of the action!

Hugh Jarse

Does Camp Hill still have a bad rep?

Many, many years ago dated a girl from Camp Hill and was stopped and checked by the rozzers loads of times. Bastards got me for a dodgy tyre once, grrrrrr:mad:

spwaverley4916

Many, many years ago dated a girl from Camp Hill and was stopped and checked by the rozzers loads of times. Bastards got me for a dodgy tyre once, grrrrrr:mad:

strange that the rozzers - stopped me for dating a dodgy girl from Camp Hill !!!!:whistle:

NuneatonSkyBlue

Ye it does. It is going through redevelopment at the moment but even though the new houses look nice, the people in them are still the same.

Tonylinc

Lived and worked there in or about 1982. A really good experience. Mind you, it might have changed since then.

RedSalmon

Remember JB's when it was the White Horse many years ago. Used to serve up a superb pint of Ansells bitter. Went in there about 3 months ago one Saturday afternon. What a fucking eye opener!!!!!

Nuneaton is a lot better than people give it credit for. Agree about the Pen & Wig being renamed Reflex, fucking criminal. Also hate the way they gutted the George Eliott pub so they could get a few more punters in. The best pub around is the Attleborough Arms.

As for shopping, the market always used to be pretty good. The main shopping centre has the uninspiring name of ....................."The Rope Walk". Sounds like a hanging gallery from a spaghetti western!!!!!

For the most part the people of Nuneaton are pretty friendly. But as you have already been advised.............................get some white ankle socks me bab!!!

dutchman

The main shopping centre has the uninspiring name of ....................."The Rope Walk". Sounds like a hanging gallery from a spaghetti western!!!!!

The Rope Walk was also the original name for Lady Herbert's Garden in Coventry!

That's a useless piece of information I know but I thought it only right to bore everyone else with it! :p

Last edited:

Gaz

Just moved out of Nuneaton and am glad I have too, but it's not anywhere near as much of a shit hole as Cov is.

Disorganised1

Friday nights they all go down the town centre where they roast a mssionary and watch the traffic lights change.

Users who are viewing this thread