Abel Alabi (1 Viewer)

The Philosopher

News story from the other day that Abel Alabi has signed. (I can’t remember this been official anywhere).

Anyway.

This season will be biblical.

Means our last two signings have been Kane & Abel.

EalingSB

News story from the other day that Abel Alabi has signed. (I can’t remember this been official anywhere).

Anyway.

This season will be biblical.

Means our last two signings have been Kane & Abel.
We’ll have to start running out to Genesis …

usskyblue

That cross from god last week

images

SlowerThanPlatt

“As the rules stand, if you’re under 18 you can’t move to a UK club.”

Even an English passport isn’t a ticket to ancient routes for a talented Irish 16-year-old.

“We’d a young guy from UCD at Crystal Palace recently. His dad is English and they got a passport for the kid, but he still can’t sign. The Brexit rules as they are haven't even made provisions for an under-18 guy with an English passport moving back to England. It’s a big culture shock for schoolboy clubs, for agents, for parents.”

If I’m understanding this correctly he can’t “officially” play for us until he’s 18 which means he’s going to miss out on a year and half of football…

SBAndy

Legia Sky Blue

Makes absolutely no sense. There are no restrictions on movement between Ireland and UK, amongst British and Irish citizens, regardless of Brexit. Dinanga has been playing hasn't he?

better days

Don't know the full details but surely someone with a British passport can't legally be prevented from taking part in activities in Britain
Can't see how Brexit can affect things if the lad has a British passport and is living in the UK
It wasn't clear to me from the article unless I'm even more stupid than I thought

Don't know the full details but surely someone with a British passport can't legally be prevented from taking part in activities in Britain
Can't see how Brexit can affect things if the lad has a British passport and is living in the UK
It wasn't clear to me from the article unless I'm even more stupid than I thought
How would they have British passports? Ireland isn’t in britain. If you’re talking about Dinanga and co.

Users who are viewing this thread