Aaron Phillips (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Must have earned a starting shirt after impressing in both games coming on as sub

CJ_covblaze

Still wouldn't start him ahead of Willis after his performance Saturday, kept one of the leagues best players quiet all game

+1 to that. Mind you didn't Willis get a knock?

DazzleTommyDazzle

+1 to that. Mind you didn't Willis get a knock?

Willis has defended very well, but doesn't contribute so much going forward.

I would have said the opposite for Phillips, but in his last two cameos he's made some excellent tackles.

Perhaps SP gives Willis the nod because he's stronger in the air - and we're a bit lacking in that department.

SonOfSnoz

Don't want to destroy the lad, play him in bits!
We have a great young side, bit like Gouldie's babes of the early 80's!
His dad must be well proud!

CJ_covblaze

Sounded like he got quite emotional yesterday.

Covstu

I trust the gaffer to put him in at the right time. Nice to see players competing for positions though!!

Dan Griffin

The way the lads celebrated the goal was absolutely amazing! Willis got a knock so he could possibly play tomorrow night, but he still seems inexperienced in the tackling department fair enough he's smashed every big tackle he's gone for but they have been dangerously dirty and a second late could have gave a pen to sheff utd, but not knocking him keep it up

Gint11

The way the lads celebrated the goal was absolutely amazing! Willis got a knock so he could possibly play tomorrow night, but he still seems inexperienced in the tackling department fair enough he's smashed every big tackle he's gone for but they have been dangerously dirty and a second late could have gave a pen to sheff utd, but not knocking him keep it up

On the Wolves forum posted on another thread there were comments like 'the way they celebrated the goal you would have thought they won the cup'. Well yeah I get that but I actually think thats a great thing to see from our view. It shows our players actually give a shit.

RoboCCFC90

I agree and it's not just the players, the way the fans and the staff celebrated it was amazing, it was derby day, a young local lad and son of one of our hero's scored what was a very good goal..

I am just glad that we have players playing for each other, the fans, the manager and the shirt.

cv3

Great day all round. Great to see all the young lads playing so well. Can't wait for Walsall now, two away days on the trot. Yippee.

RoboCCFC90

How many times has anyone been able to say that with any conviction over the last few years?

That's why using our youth system is so beneficial most of the lads through our academy are Coventry bred there is the affinity with the club.

Users who are viewing this thread