A write up from Peak FM ( chesterfields local) (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Chesterfield welcomed back some fresh faces back from injury today, but they were no match for an impressive Coventry side who were simply too strong on the counter against a lacklustre Spireites side.

The game was fairly quiet in the opening stages, with decent play from both sides without any clear cut chances. However, as the first half wore on to its latter stages, the hosts started to seriously threaten Tommy Lee’s goal. Adam Armstrong got in behind the Chesterfield backline on 21 minutes but his cut back fell to no-one. Armstrong had the chance to finish, this time, but his 27th minute strike skied what should have a definite shot on target. Just a minute later, Jim O’Brien worked the ball into a good area but took a shot rather than passing, and sent it high and wide.

After the interval, Coventry continued in much the same vein, and they were rewarded with a goal just five minutes into the second half. Armstrong, who was so instrumental in the first half, beat Tommy Lee, finding the side netting and giving his side a deserved lead.

Lee had to be alive to deny the hosts a second immediately after, and Ryan Kent, a loanee from Liverpool, dragged a shot wide only minutes later.

As the game approached the dying stages, Tommy Lee was again performing heroics in goal, but his work was to be undermined up the other end of the pitch. Substitute Mani Dieseruvwe leapt for a header but was deemed to have deliberately handballed, earning him his second yellow of the game, and thus his second red of the season.

The Spireites huffed, and puffed, but couldn’t find their way back into the game, with the red card not helping at all. Ultimately, the visitors were just outplayed by a very impressive Coventry side, who look like they’ll be in the top six come the end of the season.

SkyBlueSid

We played some excellent stuff today. I agree it could have been more comprehensive but for some wayward finishing. I did fear 'one of those days' at half time and said unless we took more care it could end 0-0. In the end 1-0 flattered them. Chesterfield offered absolutely nothing for most of the game and looked very ragged. Their No.28 was one of the poorest players I've seen for years. No skill, no enthusiasm, frightened of a tackle, how do these guys get to be pros?

As an aside, I saw a gaggle of drunken youths from Chesterfield giving it large outside the ground before the game. All comedy gobshites for sure, but I had to laugh when they kept chanting that Coventry is a shithole. Come on - I've been to Chesterfield!!!

Astute

Looks like he, just learned how to use commas, and so, decided to put in as many, as he possibly could.

So we have a fully unbiased report to look at but all you want to do is check out how it was written and not the words it contains :thinking about:

Would you have preferred an SP type of report where it would have been how fantastic they were without getting a shot on target?

H

Huckerby

Looks like he, just learned how to use commas, and so, decided to put in as many, as he possibly could.
Think he's used them in a pretty standard fashion. You sure you just don't struggle with them?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread