A very British Cover Up (1 Viewer)

Grendel

The last few days have seen the suggestion that there has been an establishment injustice to some rather distasteful little Nazi who seems to have trouble remembering his name.

The “establishment” also was said to have covered up a child sex ring in Parliament and protected people like jimmy saville. This led to some accusations against people like Leon Britain (I mean he looked wierd so he must be — you know) and a fully dedicated BBC TV event showing Sir Cliff (nudge nudge) having his mansion raided. Operation Yewtree produced more suspects in a year than police find for real crimes in a decade - even though there is no evidence.

Yet the one actual event that has taken place in Britain where there clearly was a very real cover up went largely unnoticed. No liberals screaming injustice - nothing at all.

Indeed the police operation set up to deal with this event seemed to have a very different approach. It threatened to prosecute one witness if he continued to stick with his story and said the other one was dead (even though a newspaper found him shopping in a supermarket a few weeks later) so closed the investigation - nothing to see here.

The almost toe curling interview with lord Steele on newsnight seemed to pass by with no comment. The absurd comment by the Lord that a man who routinely smuggled young men into the commons was not obviously a homosexual and it was a real shock and that he didn’t steal £10,000 to pay someone to shoot a very British nuisance seemed to not get noticed. His defence then of Cyril Smith was beyond the pale.

It seems to me the only person “the establishment” ever let down was Norman Scott - yet no one seems to care.

Nick

Administrator
I watched most of the Hugh Grant version but not seen the last one. I bet there is so much more covered up that has gone to graves that nobody will ever know about.

wingy

It was Huge.
Be amazed that it doesn't still go on .
Literally staggering .
Would he have done the same with now liberaralised attitudes ,most probably.
Hugh Grant was excellent ,the music gratuitas for large parts.

Grendel

What I don’t understand is why those torch bearers of human rights and values - Mr Cable and Mr Corbyn are silent on the issue.

Why did the 2016 investigation not even question Jack Straw? Why is Jack Straw remaining silent?

ajsccfc

I thought the show was great, but a little odd how jaunty they portrayed what's actually a horrendous story.

Users who are viewing this thread