A translation please (1 Viewer)

georgehudson

i really need a right & proper translation from the article in mon17th oct Cov Tel article ref the ButtsPark Arena, when Mr Fisher is quoted as saying;

'We've previously developed a scheme which comprises a stadium, residential, a hotel, student housing and retail.
The massing exercises and financial modelling shows it works and we have two potential institutional investors interested in the development'

imho, this appears to be a second rate obsequious attempt @ pandering to legal eagles,
i could, of course be wrong tho,

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

i really need a right & proper translation from the article in mon17th oct Cov Tel article ref the ButtsPark Arena, when Mr Fisher is quoted as saying;

'We've previously developed a scheme which comprises a stadium, residential, a hotel, student housing and retail.
The massing exercises and financial modelling shows it works and we have two potential institutional investors interested in the development'

imho, this appears to be a second rate obsequious attempt @ pandering to legal eagles,
The translation is , its all BULLSHIT. :rage:

clint van damme

if you're going to lie about a scheme, at least pretend it's on a site which all of those facilities could fit on.

richnrg

'We've previously developed a scheme which comprises a stadium, residential, a hotel, student housing and retail.',

Translates as "me and Joy were playing Minecraft on my Xbox 360 the other day - she built this massive sports complex whilst I rode around on a pig"

georgehudson

i was in the company of a professor of english earlier today,
who, after reading the whole article & referring to that particular part of the TF statement said,
'i would classify that as extremely poorly constructed hyperbole'
put that in plain english then, said i, the reply was,
'tosh, or some would use the vernacular, - bollocks, or - bullshit'

Users who are viewing this thread