A timely warning for Bayliss (1 Viewer)

thekidfromstrettoncamp

The time may be spent in what some think are meaning less games but in most cases they are learning from playing with and against top class players ie George Thomas with James Vardy . In Bayliss case I feel it would be first team he would have soon become a first team player at Derby if he had gone there that's how good I think he is. (championship or 1 division) a step up do it the Maddison way.

Magwitch

Derby will be an attraction to him I believe because of the Lampard/ Terry factor. Although both have to cut their teeth on football management if they do well the Chelsea job beckons one day. He has seen Maddison succeed at Norwich and now progressed to a middle ranking Prem outfit my money is on Bayliss moving on

shmmeee

He’ll go. Just about do we get the best deal. I wouldn’t loan him back though. We saw how that worked out with Madders. Either stay for a year to develop in L1 or go and stay gone.

robbiekeane

I think if I was him I’d do one more season. Genuinely. He’s proved himself at league two level and now he’s got a chance at this level. If we go up, great he’s with a championship club and a chance to shine there. If not, go to a championship club next summer. That’s from a development point of view anyway.

Of course if someone waved a 3 year deal at £10k a week at me I’d snap their hands off and never look back. Would be silly not to

Magwitch

Agree shmmee and from his point of view why go to come back ! I like Bayliss and losing young prodgidys is a annoying but we are where we are league wise. We need to get to the stage in division one where we have a realistic promotion chance and careful and clever manipulation of the transfer market is key to that

Sky Blue Harry H

He could be in the Championship in a year with us anyway. The problem would become that we are unlikely to be able to match other Championship sides' wages/ That said, lots of those teams (see Villa) are dropping themselves in it as a result of ridiculous wage structures.

Irish Sky Blue

He could be in the Championship in a year with us anyway. The problem would become that we are unlikely to be able to match other Championship sides' wages/ That said, lots of those teams (see Villa) are dropping themselves in it as a result of ridiculous wage structures.
I agree. It is almost as if some posters see that it is inevitable that he will go and that that won’t be a bad thing. I think first of all we would need to see what happens to the Maddison money before expecting that fees received for Bayliss will be spent on the team. I also think that what Strachan is saying (which in many ways is the same message Mortimer had for McNulty for which he was slated) is that the grass isn’t always greener and that his long term future might well be enhanced by staying where he is. We surely have a reasonable chance of going up again this season, certainly Robins indicates that this is what he is going for, and so Bayliss may be only one step away from the PL this time next year, while staying at a club where he knows he will get a game. I am pretty sure that Robins would do all he could to keep him. Since he has been here, none of our main players have left with the exception of Thomas who was out of contract.
I know injuries can occur at anytime and wreck a career, but for club and player, I think at least another season will do no harm. (think of his value in a year if he proves, as most of us feel already, that he is the real deal).

NorthernWisdom

I think first of all we would need to see what happens to the Maddison money before expecting that fees received for Bayliss will be spent on the team.
If any Maddison cash stops us having to have a fire sale, and also gives us the cash to offer the likes of McNulty a new deal, then we'll have done well.

If it also means we can hold out for the best possible deal for Bayliss rather than rushing to sell, it'll be a good thing.

stevefloyd

Excellent advice to any young wannabies, if you're good enough your time will come unfortunately players agents don't make any money by getting a player to be loyal so their minds are turned and lets face it if your earning say 500 quid a week and then get the prospect of 3 or 4 grand a week then its gonna be a massive temptation and bragging rights for the player and parents amongst friends

shmmeee

If any Maddison cash stops us having to have a fire sale, and also gives us the cash to offer the likes of McNulty a new deal, then we'll have done well.

If it also means we can hold out for the best possible deal for Bayliss rather than rushing to sell, it'll be a good thing.

My feelings exactly. Maybe a few hundred grand if the right player comes up, but I don’t want a spending spree as much as I want stability in the playing squad and a small kitty for January improvements.

Keep our powder dry. We’ve got a great team spirit and a great manager, let’s just keep adding quality where we can and keep as much of the team together as long as we can.

I reserve the right to change this opinion when we are 17th in October.

mark82

For every Maddison there is a Bigirimana. George Thomas has had a year back in under 23s football which surely can't be helping his development.

Bayliss is under contract so it certainly needs to suit the club.

harvey098

Can’t see Bayliss going to be honest. Think he’ll stay but McNulty will go.

Also, talking of youngsters moving to bigger clubs, I just googled bassala sambou. Looks like he’s struggling for Everton reserves / youngsters

Grendel

Everyone keeps saying they can’t wait for andreu and Jones next season so where will Bayliss fit in?

shmmeee

Doyle Bayliss
Jones Andreu Shipley
McNulty

There you go

Edit or:

Doyle
Jones Bayliss Andreu Shipley
McNulty

Or

Jones Bayliss Doyle Andreu Shipley
McNulty

Greggs

Doyle Bayliss
Jones Andreu Shipley
McNulty

There you go

Edit or:

Doyle
McNulty

Or

McNulty

But McNulty is rubbish playing upfront on his own. So why are we changing such a successful formula? No way would have JCH signed if he was to play back up to a backup (Biamou)

David O'Day

But McNulty is rubbish playing upfront on his own. So why are we changing such a successful formula? No way would have JCH signed if he was to play back up to a backup (Biamou)
Is he?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Horses for courses innit? In truth were we to keep Bayliss, we’ve got Andreu coming back from a serious injury and in need of someone to take the strain. Difficult second season in a higher league it might to Bayliss good. He can also slot in in the DM/CM slot where we’re short of cover and relying on someone as old as me. I think it’s silly to suggest we can’t fit in all our players in a 50 game plus season.

Grendel

Doyle Bayliss
Jones Andreu Shipley
McNulty

There you go

Edit or:

Doyle
McNulty

Or

McNulty

Bayliss as a holding midfielder or Doyle a sweeper? No Kelly? One isolated striker up front?

Grendel

Horses for courses innit? In truth were we to keep Bayliss, we’ve got Andreu coming back from a serious injury and in need of someone to take the strain. Difficult second season in a higher league it might to Bayliss good. He can also slot in in the DM/CM slot where we’re short of cover and relying on someone as old as me. I think it’s silly to suggest we can’t fit in all our players in a 50 game plus season.

Bayliss is poor at tracking off the ball and defensively

clint van damme

He’ll go. Just about do we get the best deal. I wouldn’t loan him back though. We saw how that worked out with Madders. Either stay for a year to develop in L1 or go and stay gone.

not sure I agree with that. You're right, the Maddison loan back didn't work but it's not always the case.
Dele Ali had a great season when Spurs loaned him back to MK and I'm fairly sure they got promoted.

Users who are viewing this thread