A t (1 Viewer)

blueflint

is AT good enough to take us further would ranson help or hinder

Disenchanted

Coventry City finally starting to show their quality, says Andy Thorn comments like this in todays CET would suggest he needs to calm down and concentrate on keeping his (young) squads feet on the ground

Otis

We certainly don't have quality.

I do think we are, or at least could be, a club in the lower reaches of the Championship rather than in the bottom 3 though.

AT has said before that he thinks we are a midtable team. I would very much disagree with this. The squad is too thin, we are reliant on too many youngsters and we simply do not have enough quality players .... the odd few, yes, but simply not enough.

Maybe he is just trying to gee up the squad here, but it is just 2 wins now and both against opposition that played particularly poorly on the day. We get a good run going and maybe just maybe we can big ourselves up a bit.

Paxman II

I agree mostly with that Otis but would say we have got a good enough bunch of players i.e. team - that are equal to many rubbish sides in and around the mid table of this championship and we should be there with them not in the bottom 3.

stupot07

Paxman we are not a mid table side - we haven't been one for the last 4/5 years when we have had better squads and we aren't one now. The quality and pace of our attacking players isn't good enough or consistent enough and that is what wins games.

J

Jack Griffin

I agree mostly with that Otis but would say we have got a good enough bunch of players i.e. team - that are equal to many rubbish sides in and around the mid table of this championship and we should be there with them not in the bottom 3.

Regardless of the considerable body of evidence to the contrary!

Nonleagueherewecome

The squad is the worst in the division, certainly in terms of depth and experience. But please lets not have yet another pointless thread debating whether it's the managers fault, or the owners for not backing him in the transfer/loan markets!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Ranson had a vision but under SISU couldnt set out his plan. Hence the reason he resigned, rather than being sacked / dismissed.

Thorn is the best we can expect under the current regime. We could sack him and go for a 'proven' manager, but havent we done that before? Did it work? No.

Under the takeover, or if the takeover goes ahead (and due to the ongoing mumblings its safe to say there will be a takeover, albeit with no timescale at present) sacking Thorn would serve no purpose. We'd get someone else, who the new regime probably wont like (ala Dowie before SISU came), he'll get sacked with little fan pressure (hypothetically of course, this next manager might be crap and we might want him out and put pressure onto the new board / owners) and we'll be back to square one where the new regime bring in their own man, who cant get the players he wants until atleast the summer (ala Coleman).

blueflint

seems were stuck in a timewarp then. we need something to move and very quickly or we arer down in league one||||||:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Users who are viewing this thread