definitely hussey
and mcsheffrey possibly
also i'm hearing bell could be on his way out, although he's injured

RichieGunns

that the next players to go are:
definitely hussey
and mcsheffrey possibly
also i'm hearing bell could be on his way out, although he's injured

Hussey has been a possibility for awhile.

McSheffrey hasn't been performing well for some time now so that doesn't suprise me at all

And Bell...well his constant injuries are probably going against him on this.

Whats the thinking they'll be paid compensation, have their contracts torn up and let go rather than loaned out/sold to someone?

Sawyer

Reliable source.. followed by "possibly" and "could be" lol massive source haha. Sheff could go, no one cares. Go back to Brum, Hussey I think should be given a chance and Bell.. when was the last time he played?! Cheerio him and ROD!

Astute

With the way funds are at our club it must be HP sauce

gspotgaz

Reliable source.. followed by "possibly" and "could be" lol massive source haha. Sheff could go, no one cares. Go back to Brum, Hussey I think should be given a chance and Bell.. when was the last time he played?! Cheerio him and ROD!

Erm... what?

Sawyer

Im presuming you mean the bold text. Gary McSheffrey.. Went to Brum and I was gutted, came back after he failed and has done what? absolute nothing... Obviously someone cares, you.. sorry. I think he needs to go and save on wages and cash in. He has done nothing to wear the sky blue shirt.. tbh.. would anyone who left for Brum?!?! NO imo.

ashbyjan

For players like Bell, Sheff etc to go 1. Someone would have to want them and be willing to pay their inflated wages 2. The player has to agree to go. If there is someone interested in the player but cannot afford or doesn't want to afford his wages then do you think the player is going to want to walk away from a cushy easy well paid number he has here to go somewhere for less money and actually be expected to work? I fear we will be stuck with these for some time, just as with Wood. We wanted rid, Sheff Weds wanted him but he wouldn't take the wage cut they demanded so here he stayed on extortionate wages by Div 3 standards, not his fault as its the club who gave him the contract.

covboy9

we've got no chance of offloading mcsheff! no one would touch him and lower league teams couldnt cover his wages

i feel bad for the lad, he knows his legs are gone and so do the fans.

not sure weve got enough cover at left back to let hussey go.

bell is never gonna be fit enough to leave!

One of the last games I remember Bell playing was actually one of his best. At home to Middlesborough in January/February in the game Nimely made his debut. I think under Robins every player should be given a clean slate and have a chance to impress in at least training. Hussey/Mcsheffrey might have blown theirs but Robins won't have seen Bell properly yet so would be unfair to just get rid.

Yorkshire SB

Im presuming you mean the bold text. Gary McSheffrey.. Went to Brum and I was gutted, came back after he failed and has done what? absolute nothing... Obviously someone cares, you.. sorry. I think he needs to go and save on wages and cash in. He has done nothing to wear the sky blue shirt.. tbh.. would anyone who left for Brum?!?! NO imo.

I'm presuming he's questioning your grammar use. As for the McSheffrey bashing, he's scored 16 goals since he's come back..in a struggling side too. Granted this season he's not performed, but few players have.
He left for Birmingham, partially because they offered 4 million pounds and the club wanted the deal to go through and partially because it offered him a good opportunity to play in the PL. As a 21 year old he was one of my favourite players when I was younger, and I will never forget the player he was. He's had injuries in his career and he's not the player he was, but some of the comments on this forum infuriate me!

Grendel

I'm presuming he's questioning your grammar use. As for the McSheffrey bashing, he's scored 16 goals since he's come back..in a struggling side too. Granted this season he's not performed, but few players have.
He left for Birmingham, partially because they offered 4 million pounds and the club wanted the deal to go through and partially because it offered him a good opportunity to play in the PL. As a 21 year old he was one of my favourite players when I was younger, and I will never forget the player he was. He's had injuries in his career and he's not the player he was, but some of the comments on this forum infuriate me!

His goal ratio in his last 170 games (which cover 4 clubs) is one in 6 and that includes penalties. He infuriates me and if he was David Bell he would attract far more negative remarks.

cloughie

Reliable source.. followed by "possibly" and "could be" lol massive source haha.

Agreed that was my first thoughts

and you can't reveal your reliable source either

Well maybe you could reveal him 'possibly' as he 'could be' ............Hmm

Mucca Mad Boys

Hussey has been a possibility for awhile.

McSheffrey hasn't been performing well for some time now so that doesn't suprise me at all

And Bell...well his constant injuries are probably going against him on this.

Whats the thinking they'll be paid compensation, have their contracts torn up and let go rather than loaned out/sold to someone?

Rather them be loaned out, teams pay their wages whereas if we terminate their contract we have to pay compensation which would be basically a lump some of their remaining wages...

psgm1

Banned
Need to get rid of the following as a bare minimum:

Bell, Hussey, ROD, Barton, Kilbane, McSheffrey, Fleck, Jennings, and Elliot.

Grendel

Need to get rid of the following as a bare minimum:

Bell, Hussey, ROD, Barton, Kilbane, McSheffrey, Fleck, Jennings, and Elliot.

I assume you are trying to adopt the controversial approach to attract attention. It's attracting attention - but it's making you look stupid.

Yorkshire SB

His goal ratio in his last 170 games (which cover 4 clubs) is one in 6 and that includes penalties. He infuriates me and if he was David Bell he would attract far more negative remarks.

1 in 6 is pretty decent for a wide midfielder. Last season he got 9 goals, and the season before 10 goals (our second top goal scorer in both campaigns?), and I honestly think he can still be an asset to the club.
However, ultimately, I just think considering how many games he's played for the club; the fact he is from Coventry; a fan himself, scoring 59 goals for us, not to mention pretty much single handedly keeping us up in our final season at highfield rd (albeit with a little help from stern john), that he deserves a little more respect from the fans.

As for the David Bell comment, you're absolutely right, but it's irrelevant.

Astute

Respect from Cov fans? I thought your post was serious until I read that bit.

He left Cov. He will always be shite to some however he plays.

Sick Boy

If he wasn't from Coventry then I doubt you would be bothered at all.

Yorkshire SB

If he wasn't from Coventry then I doubt you would be bothered at all.

The guy has made over 200 appearances for the club, many of them as our best player, consequently I'm of the opinion he deserves a small amount of respect from our fans. I apologise profusely for holding this opinion.
The fact he is from Coventry gives almost all of us the ability to empathise with him, so yes, possibly I am slightly more lenient on Sheffers than other players.

P.S. Becoming increasingly sick of some users on this forum, who believe that because they spend their whole lives on here, their opinion matters more. It's a forum, there will be arguing and debating, however the condescending, arrogant tone, used by some people is really winding me up!

Sick Boy

The guy has made over 200 appearances for the club, many of them as our best player, consequently I'm of the opinion he deserves a small amount of respect from our fans. I apologise profusely for holding this opinion.
The fact he is from Coventry gives almost all of us the ability to empathise with him, so yes, possibly I am slightly more lenient on Sheffers than other players.

P.S. Becoming increasingly sick of some users on this forum, who believe that because they spend their whole lives on here, their opinion matters more. It's a forum, there will be arguing and debating, however the condescending, arrogant tone, used by some people is really winding me up!

If you get upset so easily then why do you come on a football forum?

skybluelee

1 in 6 is pretty decent for a wide midfielder. Last season he got 9 goals, and the season before 10 goals (our second top goal scorer in both campaigns?), and I honestly think he can still be an asset to the club.
However, ultimately, I just think considering how many games he's played for the club; the fact he is from Coventry; a fan himself, scoring 59 goals for us, not to mention pretty much single handedly keeping us up in our final season at highfield rd (albeit with a little help from stern john), that he deserves a little more respect from the fans.

As for the David Bell comment, you're absolutely right, but it's irrelevant.

He has actually scored 70 goals for us in all comps.

Users who are viewing this thread