A record possibly broken (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Milton Keynes end of the month could see the AWAY section out numbering the Home support - Milton Keynes have about 6,000 Home fans -Cov have sold nearly 6,000 which could reach 8,000 by the time the game starts - unbelievable support - SISU,- Council get this sorted
Also really strange how the Milton Keynes ground did hold approx 30,000 now hold 32,000 which cost 56 million to create 2nd stage development this season which opens on the day Cov play at Milton Keynes
Begs the question on how is it possibly viable for a club that get gates of 7,000 and they extend there ground
Looking at these figures Makes the viability of the Ricoh possible without a team but the Milton Keynes chairman obviously has plenty of ideas for growth in other areas apart from Football

I thought the away end capacity with the additional tier was 6,000 and I am also pretty sure that their capacity last season was 22,000 so the extension has added another 10,000.

Grendel

Didn't we outnumber the real Wimbledon once at selhurst park in the early 90's?

DazzleTommyDazzle

Didn't we outnumber the real Wimbledon once at selhurst park in the early 90's?

It was at the end of the 95/96 season.

We had about 8,000 there and I've just looked up the attendance - which was 15,796, so we must have been pretty close to having more than half the crowd.

Stafford_SkBlue

Original poster - "Begs the question on how is it possibly viable for a club that get gates of 7,000 and they extend there ground"

The answer is Rugby World Cup 2015 - Ricoh failed but MK Stadium were successful in becoming a venue.

PS The current record attendance is for a Rugby Match 21,309 for a Northampton Saints game.

Last edited:

BucksIsOurs.

Milton Keynes end of the month could see the AWAY section out numbering the Home support - Milton Keynes have about 6,000 Home fans -Cov have sold nearly 6,000 which could reach 8,000 by the time the game starts - unbelievable support - SISU,- Council get this sorted
Also really strange how the Milton Keynes ground did hold approx 30,000 now hold 32,000 which cost 56 million to create 2nd stage development this season which opens on the day Cov play at Milton Keynes
Begs the question on how is it possibly viable for a club that get gates of 7,000 and they extend there ground
Looking at these figures Makes the viability of the Ricoh possible without a team but the Milton Keynes chairman obviously has plenty of ideas for growth in other areas apart from Football

Incorrect. We averaged 8,600 last season with 7,800 of that being home fans.

Again incorrect. It held 22,000, it now holds 30,700.

Incorrect as previously mentioned. The ground is that big because we have had lots of crowds of between 10,000-20,000 over the years. We are not much different to you playing at the Ricoh with 11,000ish.

Milton Keynes is a similar sized place to Coventry, and it has been shown that if we play the right level of football, we get very good crowds. Our current crowds were top 5 for League One last season.

Last edited:

stupot07

Original poster - "Begs the question on how is it possibly viable for a club that get gates of 7,000 and they extend there ground"

The answer is Rugby World Cup 2015 - Ricoh failed but MK Stadium were successful in becoming a venue.

Yep, and MK stadium has hosted 3-4 u21's games since the last and only time they played at the Ricoh. And didn't take that play there last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

BucksIsOurs.

Yep, and MK stadium has hosted 3-4 u21's games since the last and only time they played at the Ricoh. And didn't take that play there last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

The U21's played in front of 19,807 fans against Finland a few days ago!

M&B Stand

The U21's played in front of 19,807 fans against Finland a few days ago!

Claiming credit for an England u21 game is scraping the barrel a bit.
You've been getting 7000 home fans this season. Maybe you'll get more on the 30th, but that'll be because they've come to see the City!

Peter Billing Eyes

Incorrect. We averaged 8,600 last season with 7,800 of that being home fans.

Again incorrect. It held 22,000, it now holds 30,700.

Incorrect as previously mentioned. The ground is that big because we have had lots of crowds of between 10,000-20,000 over the years. We are not much different to you playing at the Ricoh with 11,000ish.

Milton Keynes is a similar sized place to Coventry, and it has been shown that if we play the right level of football, we get very good crowds. Our current crowds were top 5 for League One last season.

I work in Milton Keynes. To be honest, the only similarity between there and Coventry is the fact that at different times they have both experienced explosive population increases. Most of the people I work with couldn't give two hoots about the MK Dons. MK has grown by around 30% in the last 10-15 years due to people migrating in. In my experience, most of those support Chelsea, Arsenal or Tottenham and you will never get them to change allegiance in the same way as a lot of people in Coventry don't support Coventry because their grandparents and parents already followed another team before moving to the city and they have followed suit. It will take generations and long term success to change any of that, What's more, MK doesn't have any contiguous conurbation and you have Northampton just up the road and Luton just down the road, so don't hold your breath.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread