A record breaking season awaits us? (2 Viewers)

skybluesam66

Hopefully we will break some of these records. Very soon in coming weeks.

The top 6 in any league for 47 years always galls me and I think is a nothing stat. Putting it into context we played about 32 seasons in the top flight of that 50 seasons. Were we really likely to finish top 6?

That’s like saying If Stoke or West Brom or Burnley would play in premier league for next 50 years they wouldn’t finish in top 6 once.Would they give a crap about that silly stat if they never get relegated.

Still it should have been better during last 17 years that’s disappointing. No top 6/7 finish in last 17 years that’s a disappointing stat.
Yes. A different era where every team had a chance
Norwich Ipswich forest derby etc
Similar sized clubs to ours at the time

itsabuzzard

We've had worse seasons than that. 19th in the old Third Division South in 1958 put us into the Fourth Division.
Don't follow that one. Aren't we already in the equivalent of the old 4th Division?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Gosb

Don't follow that one. Aren't we already in the equivalent of the old 4th Division?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
At the time there was a Third Division North and a Third Division South of similar ability. Finishing 19th in the Third Division South was the equivalent of finishing 14th in the Fourth Division.

Users who are viewing this thread