A realist in this time of gloom (2 Viewers)

Gazolba

Being a realist we can and should either hit the top three or a play off place
<snip> - it’s there for the taking any team from the top 12 can get a play off place which I think 70 to 75 points is the target
85 to 88 points could be a possibility for a top three - we have 50 points and need the following
<snip>
Coventry will be there at the end of the season
We wont do it because we don't have any consistency.
We wont go on a winning run long enough to make a dent in the top three.
I consider even the play-offs doubtful at this point.
The team is glaringly weak in all areas, goal-keeper, defence, midfield, strikers.
I'm no so sure the manager is that savvy either.

Nick

Administrator
We wont do it because we don't have any consistency.
We wont go on a winning run long enough to make a dent in the top three.
I consider even the play-offs doubtful at this point.
The team is glaring weak in all areas, goal-keeper, defence, midfield, strikers.
I'm no so sure the manager is that savvy either.

Out of interest, how much have you watched this season?

Gazolba

I don't think it is all about skill, it's about having a team with a plan where everybody knows their jobs and what they are meant to be doing. If they get a throw in in the attacking half all players know where they are going, if it's a corner they all know what they are doing.

There are teams in this league with much weaker squads but they have a better gameplan, they all know their jobs. Watching them play against us you can see that they play to their strengths whether it is pace or strength.

Sometimes I watch us and have no idea what our plan is, yet you watch Wycombe and they have full backs spraying everything into Akinfenwa and Mackail Smith lurking about to pick things up. Cheltenham liked to play it to their wingers every time, Accrington targetted DKE and then put everything on Kee's head when they realised he was winning most things. You can also see teams change things up if they go a goal down, they commit more men forward for example.

Ours is the same week in, week out whether we are winning or losing. The only difference is if McNulty has made a goal out of nothing or not, rather than decent team goals.
All this absolutely spot on in my opinion.

Amcoventry

Being a realist we can and should either hit the top three or a play off place
Teams like Stanley will not be there end of season Luton are having a few poor results notts county are falling like a stone - Lincoln are disappearing

So how did these teams do in the latest round?

Otis

So how did these teams do in the latest round?
Ha, ha!

giphy.gif

Notts County who won last night? Luton who won last night? Lincoln who won last night and are unbeaten in 6 matches? And Accrington Stanley who won again last night and who have won 8 out of 9 matches?

Okey dokey.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread