A Random Question!! (1 Viewer)

clerkin61

You know how you sit at home NOT thinking of all the things you have to do. Well, this morning whilst doing that, I wondered who were the first team to have names on the back of their shirts. I duly 'googled' it and got the answer Arsenal v Sheff Wed League Cup Final 1993. Now I seem to remember us having names on our shirts in the Bobby Gould time 1983/1984 - when all our senior players left and we had a team of unknowns, so the names were put on their backs so fans would know who they all were. Am I right, or am I just getting old with my memory not being what it was?!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Can't remember that, but I remember the cock-up Spurs had with their shirts in the '87 Cup Final. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't some players have their sponsors name on the front and some didn't. Seem to remember they all came out after half time with the name on!

ajsccfc

Can't remember that, but I remember the cock-up Spurs had with their shirts in the '87 Cup Final. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't some players have their sponsors name on the front and some didn't. Seem to remember they all came out after half time with the name on!

You are correct sir! Although the shirt mixup did carry on into the second half:

keith-houchen-scores-in-the-1987-fa-cup-final-620-376652111.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread