a question for those not intending to go to northampton.. (1 Viewer)

Pusb1

a question for those who wont be travelling to Northampton, for which i am one of...
Will you, or will you not, on the assumption that a new ground is built, immediately return to attending games regularly again when we return to play in Cov at this new stadium?
Has the damage already been done or will you retun when we return?... what do you expect attendences to be here?

mark82

Really not sure at the moment. It depends where said new stadium is built. Also needs to be consideration of long term, no good building a 15k stadium in my opinion.

ajsccfc

Don't know. Even if they said tomorrow that they'd agreed to play at the Ricoh after all I don't think I'd be renewing.

chiefdave

a question for those who wont be travelling to Northampton, for which i am one of...
Will you, or will you not, on the assumption that a new ground is built, immediately return to attending games regularly again when we return to play in Cov at this new stadium?
Has the damage already been done or will you retun when we return?... what do you expect attendences to be here?

Depends where it is but I imagine I would. To be honest I would love to flick a switch and just forget about football and no longer be a supporter but it doesn't work like that. Having said that I can imagine many more casual fans (the type that don't spend all day somewhere like this forum!) will just get out of the habbit and never go again unless we have some success.

chiefdave

also have to consider where we will be by then. I doubt it will be five years and I can easily see us being non league by the time we come back, if we ever do.

olderskyblue

6 or 7 CCFC supporting mates I have spoken to have said it's the end for them until SISU are gone. New ground or no new ground. Must admit, that's my view at the moment too.

Manchester_sky_blue

Very much of the belief that there will not be a new ground. I still think its a huge game of chicken, either we will see the club fold altogether or we will see SISU buying the Ricoh.

SkyBlueScottie

My immediate response is yes I will return, however given the 3 to 5 year time span we will face I may feel different in that time.

Steve_75

I'll be trying to get out of the habit. I won't be going to Northampton and I imagine I'll start the season listening to the games on the radio but try to ween myself off. Which shouldn't be too difficult if they do as badly as I expect.
I doubt I'll be going to a new stadium. By then I may be down to a quick look at the scores on the BBC website.
I know some will say I'm not a true supporter and in some ways I agree, I got into football quite late (when I was about 14, in 1989 - didn't even see the cup final on TV!) and I've only had a season ticket for about 3 seasons (not consecutive) so it's probably a lot easier for me to give up than those who've been going every week for the last 20, 30, 40 or more years.

sky_blue_up_north

Five years is a long time, not sure I would ever return.

Noggin

Impossible to say, but its very likely I won't even be following our results after 5 years away, so it's unlikely.

dongonzalos

People lives change a lot in 3-5 years.

However next summer when SISZu realise the bluff failed and sell to Mr Haskell for 10 million.

Game on

The Reverend Skyblue

6 or 7 CCFC supporting mates I have spoken to have said it's the end for them until SISU are gone. New ground or no new ground. Must admit, that's my view at the moment too.

Ditto this with myself and my 5 fellow family members and their kids.I won't go to any tinpot stadium ever under SISU, and yes that includes any big cup games ,quarter final, don't laugh, and semi finals against any other team from prem to Newport County in league 2 in FA/Carling and the bloody JPT games

We have simply had enough and its time to stand behind our beliefs for as long as it takes

Theging1987

Will be frequenting Nuneaton town for the forseable future, will maybe have a nose at the new stadium if it ever happens but will not be spending another penny more until sisu have disappeared. Will support from afar unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread