A question for the Sky Blue Trust. (1 Viewer)

mark82

So, you want to push through your agenda and not listen to anybody who disagrees.

A great start for a democratic club, that.

And let's ignore the Trust view until it agrees with us.

This is all sounding rather sinister and dictatorial tbh and no, i want no truck with dictators.

Can you not read? Is a member vote not a sign of democracy?

lordsummerisle

Sphinx is for Sphinx fans. Are you really that dumb that you don't get that simple point.

Phoenix is for people who give up easily.

If it doesn't go well, will you then start another club, or another?

Good or ill, you support a team, or you don't.

It appears you don't support CCFC.

NorthernWisdom

Can you not read? Is a member vote not a sign of democracy?

Can you not read? You are forcing an agenda on people and silencing anything that does not agree. On this thread, both yourself and Swiss are demonstrating the worst excesses of SISU.

I actually thought better of you, but it appears you WILL set up a rival club regardless.

Go ahead and do it then, but don't presume to call it anything other than a rival.

SkyBlueSwiss

The club is not dead.

Any club now would be a rival club.

There are some of those (such as Coventry Sphinx) to support now.

You want to form a new rival club go ahead, but it will not be a phoenix club.

I don't fancy supporting SISU Mk 2, not listening to fans and bullying a decision through regardless.

What gives you the right to decide it would be a phoenix club, when it wouldn't.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?
I stated quite clearly that for me it would be a Phoenix club because for me CCFC died when they blew the whistle at Sixfields. If I decide for me that it is my Phoenix club, then it is my Phoenix club. There are no "rights" involved here. That you would not see it as a Phoenix club is totally irrelevant to me. That you would see it as a rival club is totally irrelevant to me.
You can complain as long as you like that it would not be a Phoenix club, and for you that would be true. But for me, it would be a Phoenix club, and that you seem to believe that just because for you it is not a Phoenix club means that it cannot be a Phoenix club for me and others beggars belief.
There would be no rival club, it would be CCFC for us. That you cannot accept this is your problem, not mine. To me, CCFC is dead, and a replacement Phoenix club is required.

mark82

Can you not read? You are forcing an agenda on people and silencing anything that does not agree. On this thread, both yourself and Swiss are demonstrating the worst excesses of SISU.

I actually thought better of you, but it appears you WILL set up a rival club regardless.

Go ahead and do it then, but don't presume to call it anything other than a rival.

I didn't say I would set up a breakaway club regardless. If SISU demonstrate they are coming back then I would not do anything. I am just saying if enough people want to do it it will happen regardless of whether the trust want to be involved. All I ask from the trust is that if SISU do not demonstrate they will return then we have a vote this season.

SkyBlueSwiss

Are you being deliberately obtuse, and refusing to acknowledge it would not be a phoenix club as the current one still exists.

What do you do if Coventry City FC comes back tomorrow? Continue supporting your new 'phoenix' club?

Your contradictory views beggar belief.[/QUOT

Getting stupid now. I thought I was discussing with someone sensible, but it turns out you are not reasonable but deliberately contradictory no matter what is said or what point is put forward. You just go on arguing with yourself. The good thing to come out of this "discussion" is that, should a Phoenix club arise, you will quite clearly not be a part of it, thank goodness.

lordsummerisle

I didn't say I would set up a breakaway club regardless. If SISU demonstrate they are coming back then I would not do anything. I am just saying if enough people want to do it it will happen regardless of whether the trust want to be involved. All I ask from the trust is that if SISU do not demonstrate they will return then we have a vote this season.

Of course if there is a majority vote in favour, they would have to disband themselves straight away of course.

mark82

Are you being deliberately obtuse, and refusing to acknowledge it would not be a phoenix club as the current one still exists.

What do you do if Coventry City FC comes back tomorrow? Continue supporting your new 'phoenix' club?

Your contradictory views beggar belief.

It couldn't technically be a Phoenix club in the same way Wimbledon can't and FC United can't. It is not necessarily a rival club either (although it could become so). It should be called a breakaway club.

mark82

Of course if there is a majority vote in favour, they would have to disband themselves straight away of course.

Don't get the point. Are you saying if SBT had a majority vote on starting afresh that they would have to disband? That makes no sense. The reborn club would be sky blues too and would take the lifeblood of the club, the fans, with it.

Grappa

Don't get the point. Are you saying if SBT had a majority vote on starting afresh that they would have to disband? That makes no sense. The reborn club would be sky blues too and would take the lifeblood of the club, the fans, with it.

What?

lordsummerisle

No, they wouldn't be the Sky Blue Trust at all, they would become the 1883, or Godiva or whatever Trust.

You can't piggy back off the history of the existing club.

Make your own.

mark82

That is not to say it wouldn't happen without the trust by the way. If enough people wanted to do it, it could happen regardless.

For me it would depend on the situation of CCFC. What the future held, etc. I know there are many others out there who want this to happen regardless as they are disillusioned with the club.

At the end of the day could we really say it is a community club anymore?

mark82

No, they wouldn't be the Sky Blue Trust at all, they would become the 1883, or Godiva or whatever Trust.

Make your own.

That is the whole point though. Play in sky blue, in Coventry, sing CCFC songs, etc...

mark82

Make your own.

What would you do if CCFC decided they were permanently relocating to Northampton (or anywhere else for that matter)?

lordsummerisle

What would you do if CCFC decided they were permanently relocating to Northampton (or anywhere else for that matter)?

If they were permanently moving away, then they would cease to be the club that i support.

However, I would give a bit of time before giving up on them, the teams mentioned before, Bristol Rovers, Charlton, Brighton, Rotherham were all away for a while, but their fans contimued to campaign to get them back to their home.

They diidn't decide to start up a new club in opposition to them.

If I didn't have CCFC, then I wouldn't have anybody I don't think.

mark82

If they were permanently moving away, then they would cease to be the club that i support.

However, I would give a bit of time before giving up on them, the teams mentioned before, Bristol Rovers, Charlton, Brighton, Rotherham were all away for a while, but their fans contimued to campaign to get them back to their home.

They diidn't decide to start up a new club in opposition to them.

If I didn't have CCFC, then I wouldn't have anybody I don't think.

But they don't represent the community of Coventry in any way now in my opinion. And I completely disagree with the ethics.

It's a bite like your mrs going off and shagging someone else but continuing to cling on in the vein hope they will come back.

NorthernWisdom

What some on this thread choose to miss is...

I'm actually all for the current club going tits up and a revived club starting(!) Have been since the joy of McGinnity (now there's a book that'd be particularly unerotic!)

However the only way to get as many fans onside as possible is to wait until that day.

That's trying to do what's best for such a club, rather than putting my personal desires first ;)

Who cares if a Trust majority say yes, or a certain number say yes? I want everybody (even Swiss) there in the ground with me to cheer them on to a heroic draw against Atherstone Town... even if they don't want me there in return.

Inclusive = success. Exclusive = SISU.

Last edited:

mark82

What some on this thread choose to miss is...

I'm actually all for the current club going tits up and a revived club starting(!) Have been since the joy of McGinnity (now there's a book that'd be particularly unerotic!)

However the only way to get as many fans onside as possible is to wait until that day.

That's trying to do what's best for such a club, rather than putting my personal desires first ;)

Who cares if a Trust majority say yes, or a certain number say yes? I want everybody (even Swiss) there in the ground with me to cheer them on to a heroic draw against Atherstone Town... even if they don't want me there in return.

Inclusive = success. Exclusive = SISU.

I actually agree with this. Think we would come out of this strongest if the club folded and we started again. Clean slate.

lordsummerisle

But they don't represent the community of Coventry in any way now in my opinion. And I completely disagree with the ethics.

It's a bite like your mrs going off and shagging someone else but continuing to cling on in the vein hope they will come back.

But we won't always have Sisu as owners, as we didn't have Richardson and Robinson as owners forever.

However would hope that the trajectory of ownership would change upwards after Sisu!

Ethics not a biiggie with most fans, hated the signing of King myself, so didn't go, still supported the club, but had my own NOPM with that.

If the military dictator of Egypt decided he wanted to pump millions and millions into our club, then most wouldn't worry about ethics then either, but who we would sign.

NorthernWisdom

I actually agree with this. Think we would come out of this strongest if the club folded and we started again. Clean slate.

And until that point, the club exists, and like it or not it's yours, and my club and many more besides. Whatever we think might work best is irrelevant as until it dies, the best way to get as many fans as possible onside is it back in the city it belongs... even if you and me and others might have more radical ideas about what works 'better' until it dies, it'd never be more than a hypothetical.

So best to fight for it back until it's too late.

Nick

Administrator
Until it is confirmed we are to be moved away permanently or folded then I will support Coventry city. If either of those happened I wouldn't bother with football :(

Grendel

Are you being deliberately obtuse?
I stated quite clearly that for me it would be a Phoenix club because for me CCFC died when they blew the whistle at Sixfields. If I decide for me that it is my Phoenix club, then it is my Phoenix club. There are no "rights" involved here. That you would not see it as a Phoenix club is totally irrelevant to me. That you would see it as a rival club is totally irrelevant to me.
You can complain as long as you like that it would not be a Phoenix club, and for you that would be true. But for me, it would be a Phoenix club, and that you seem to believe that just because for you it is not a Phoenix club means that it cannot be a Phoenix club for me and others beggars belief.
There would be no rival club, it would be CCFC for us. That you cannot accept this is your problem, not mine. To me, CCFC is dead, and a replacement Phoenix club is required.

I think you and Mark will be supporting your Phoenix Club - though of course only Mark will be attending.

CCFC is not dead. It is fully functioning and has 130 years of history. There are very few people who have given up on the club. You can give up - perhaps you are a quitter by nature - that is your prerogative. It would be a pub team supported by a handful - far less than those who go to Sixfields.

CCFC has huge heritage which is worth fighting for. I am bored with Mark's constant threads about new clubs -- no one is interested, go away.

Philosorapter

I would like to clear up a few questions on the thread. This thread is about the time-frame of when the Sky Blue Trust will put to its members a vote for a 'phoenix club'. What the 'phoenix club' will be, or if you will support it or not, is not the point of the thread. We all like to believe we live in a Democracy where all our voices will be heard. I believe the time to hear these voices would be when the Trust puts the idea of a 'phoenix club', whatever form that would be, to its members.

I repeat my request for clarification on the answers already given because it does seem this request has been lost in the thread.

--------------------------------

Would the Trust ever support or put to its members a vote to start a phoenix club?

If yes,

What time-frame would you give the SISU related companies, to return Coventry City to Coventry before this goes on the agenda?

The simple answer is yes. Time frame would be decided by the fans / members of the trust.
But let's not give up on CCFC just yet

As has been stated we have explored the possibility for a phoenix club if CCFC was ever liquidated and a new club had to be formed. As things stand we are focused totally on getting the team back to its home - Coventry In Coventry. Should in the future either SISU liquidate the club or it is crystal clear they have no plans to come back then we would put plans into operation but as long as there is a CCFC we will concentrate on that.

Whilst I fully agree with the position taken by the Sky Blue Trust, I would just like you to clarify your position here with regards to liquidation and time-frame. Whilst every effort must be made to put pressure on the SISU related companies to return Coventry City to Coventry, there must be a red line, which should this be crossed, triggers a members vote to start a 'phoenix club'.

1. 'if CCFC was ever liquidated' - Do you mean CCFC Ltd here, or the club as a whole?

2. How would it be 'crystal clear' that the SISU related companies 'have no plans to come back' on the return of Coventry City to Coventry?

Last edited:

Spionkop

Philosoraptor,One thing is for sure, there aren't many fans prepared to wait at least FIVE years for their team to be back in Coventry.
Doubt very much many are prepared to wait beyond this season.
Christmas seems to be a point where decisions have to be made.

RogerH

Particularly in view of Greg Clarke's comments today regarding SISU having funds to keep the Club going for years.

Seems like a choice is coming up, whether to wait and see if SISU are actually going to build a stadium and return to the Coventry area, or set up a new club to start playing in August 2014. Agree that a decision should be made by Christams.

mark82

I think you and Mark will be supporting your Phoenix Club - though of course only Mark will be attending.

CCFC is not dead. It is fully functioning and has 130 years of history. There are very few people who have given up on the club. You can give up - perhaps you are a quitter by nature - that is your prerogative. It would be a pub team supported by a handful - far less than those who go to Sixfields.

CCFC has huge heritage which is worth fighting for. I am bored with Mark's constant threads about new clubs -- no one is interested, go away.

I'm bored with your constant one track shit. I've backed you up in the past but you are showing that you are blinkered to reality and just like to go against the grain. You are a true keyboard warrior.

In terms of a new club I firmly believe we need to keep our options open but I don't think we should stop fighting for the club. A new club should be a back up option. The threat of starting a new club should be used as a mechanism to exert pressure on SISU as much as anything but it also shouldn't be an idle threat. Plans should be in place to exercise the plan for next season but ONLY IF NECESSARY.

You have previously confirmed you would not support a club in non league, well, the existing CCFC are heading that way so you will soon be without a club anyway.

covcity4life

no mark,you are excited by a new club,you want to be one of the founding members so you can boasta bout it for years to come.

you are not a ccfc supporter, leave the forum and start your own one for a phoenix club.

Users who are viewing this thread