A new way of looking at the table (1 Viewer)

BackRoomRummermill

After countless seasons looking at the playoff positions from below, we are for once looking at 6th place from above. In fact stuff that I am looking at top two !

PUSB

moleyskyblue

I found a new way too! by standing on my head and balancing a duck on my left foot and singing ive got a lovely bunch of coconuts while staring at the computer screen with the division one table on it.:p

Godiva

It's way too early in the season to even think about a top half finish. In fact I look at the table the same way I have done the 45+ years of supporting this club:
How many points do we have and how many do we need to be safe.
We have 16 points and we need 34 more from 38 games.
It looks possible.

st john

It's way too early in the season to even think about a top half finish. In fact I look at the table the same way I have done the 45+ years of supporting this club:
How many points do we have and how many do we need to be safe.
We have 16 points and we need 34 more from 38 games.
It looks possible.
You have to get used to the idea that things are different now, we have a team that can genuinely push for promo, and I fully expect the loans to be replaced with equally good players, if/when they get recalled

shmmeee

I'm with Mowbray here. One game at a time and let's see where we are after Christmas. We've had runs longer than this before and fallen apart. Let's just enjoy it and focus on the next game.

stupot07

I'm with Mowbray here. One game at a time and let's see where we are after Christmas. We've had runs longer than this before and fallen apart. Let's just enjoy it and focus on the next game.

Completely agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Hobo

You have to get used to the idea that things are different now, we have a team that can genuinely push for promo, and I fully expect the loans to be replaced with equally good players, if/when they get recalled

No Godiva is right, the responsibility of any side is to secure safety first. The sooner you do it the sooner you can relax and play.

Moff

I totally agree with you on this, as we have been filled with hope before, and been sadly let down, so taking it one game at a time seems to be the sensible thing to do.

st john

No Godiva is right, the responsibility of any side is to secure safety first. The sooner you do it the sooner you can relax and play.

I agree we should take one game at a time but currently we are 4th and averaging 2 points per game. I really don't see any reason to think about what we need to do to avoid relegation at this point.

SlowerThanPlatt

And surely we've had one of the toughest starts.

Category A teams - Walsall, Wigan, Burton

Category B teams - Chesterfield, Millwall, Southend

Category C teams: Crewe, Scunthorpe.

I'd put the next 5 down as:

Bury: Category B
Fleetwood: Category B
Blackpool: Category C
Rochdale: Category A
Swindon: Category B

Looking at the league is amazing though. Burton, Walsall and Gillingham top 3?!

ccfcway

doesn't our season normally end at xmas ?

I wonder when the last season was that we won more points in the 2nd round of games than the 1st

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

doesn't our season normally end at xmas ?

I wonder when the last season was that we won more points in the 2nd round of games than the 1st

That Dennis Wise season 8 years ago?

Weren't we 2nd in the second half form table behind record breaking Reading.

bawtryneal

I agree shmmeee, but does feel different this time. I haven't felt this positive for 20 years.

Godiva

Last season?

26 points from the first 23 matches

29 points from the last 23 matches

Last season:

12 points from first 8 matches

5 points from next 8 matches.

Godiva

And surely we've had one of the toughest starts.

We have played 4 of the top half and 4 of the bottom half teams. So we have evenly played across the table.

Interestingly we do better against the top half teams.

SlowerThanPlatt

We have played 4 of the top half and 4 of the bottom half teams. So we have evenly played across the table.

Interestingly we do better against the top half teams.
Yes but 2 of the top half teams are the current top 2. Wigan are 3 points behind us and should do well now after a poor start.

BackRoomRummermill

The way I feel is that we are and should remain part of the top six, the only way I can see that changing is if Mogga leaves, I am happy that we can definitely sustain this run

skyblue025

I think we will drop to mid table by the end of the season. Loan players return to their own clubs, SISU accept any offers for our players in the Jan window and we finish poorly. Would love to be proved wrong mind.

skybluesam66

I think we will drop to mid table by the end of the season. Loan players return to their own clubs, SISU accept any offers for our players in the Jan window and we finish poorly. Would love to be proved wrong mind.

i think not if we are going for promotion still - as even stupid sisu will realise that championship players have a higher value than league 1 players. Bar a silly bid (which with maddisons injury will not happen) i think we should be ok

Users who are viewing this thread