A New Hope (1 Viewer)

WillieStanley

Hi.

I haven't posted in what seems like forever, which is odd for me. What's even odder is I'm not entirely sure why. I just wanted to share with you a clip of my daughter who is 5 in May. She's on a football team coach in her Cov shirt. The whole coach of kids (from Cov) who are mainly older than her, start chanting "United are good, Cov are rubbish" which in these times, I guess is to be expected. When I was at school, the City were in the Premier League and playing in Coventry and I was still one of a minority of Cov fans so I can only imagine what it's like now.

Anyway, this is her response to the chanting. I was so proud. Anyone who, in the past, have said I was exaggerating my girl's passion for her Sky Blues and football as an excuse to go to Sixfields (I've been 3 times, twice she has been a mascot) please watch this.

Anyone who wants to relive what it was like to support a club when it was all about the players and nothing else, watch it too - It's awesome.

[video=youtube;W4-Molq6Grg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4-Molq6Grg[/video]

http://youtu.be/W4-Molq6Grg

Samo

Try to keep her interested buddy, we'll be back!

RFC

Just brilliant, we need to continue to encourage & support all our young supporters and look forward.

Tomorrow is another day and we must look forward instead of always looking back, it's easy to change history with 'hindsight' but it's the future that counts.

torchomatic

Brilliant, Willie. It's the same with my lad. Wears a City shirt constantly when not at school. Watches the televised games repeatedly (we're watching the Wimbledon game as I type), DVDs, reads the programmes. It's constant.

We're off to Peterborough tomorrow and he's just said to me "I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight..." Bloody hell!

Agree totally with your sentiments regarding attending Sixfields too. With the passion and love for the club my lad shows I have no regrets about attending.

PUSB and all that.

Brighton Sky Blue

Hi.

I haven't posted in what seems like forever, which is odd for me. What's even odder is I'm not entirely sure why. I just wanted to share with you a clip of my daughter who is 5 in May. She's on a football team coach in her Cov shirt. The whole coach of kids (from Cov) who are mainly older than her, start chanting "United are good, Cov are rubbish" which in these times, I guess is to be expected. When I was at school, the City were in the Premier League and playing in Coventry and I was still one of a minority of Cov fans so I can only imagine what it's like now.

Anyway, this is her response to the chanting. I was so proud. Anyone who, in the past, have said I was exaggerating my girl's passion for her Sky Blues and football as an excuse to go to Sixfields (I've been 3 times, twice she has been a mascot) please watch this.

Anyone who wants to relive what it was like to support a club when it was all about the players and nothing else, watch it too - It's awesome.

http://youtu.be/W4-Molq6Grg

You'll have Richard Scudamore on the line before you know it demanding that a 4 year old girl stop damaging his brand. Watch out, he has a bus load of budding glory hunters behind him!

skybluericoh

Great, reminds me of one of my 'little' girls- she's 26 now, the only enjoyment she gets from footy now though is winding her villa fan husband up when they lose.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Good girl held her own there brilliant. The consolation is that at least she can say she has seen her team play I wonder how many if any of those other kids will be able to say the same except on the tv!

The Reverend Skyblue

That's bloody fantastic and well done to you Willie but I am afraid apart from a few case's this will get rarer and rarer, for every youngster still supporting the skyblues god knows how many will turn to another team to support.

Well done to you and torch for keeping the passion going, but there is huge cause for concern for the future concerning the youngsters in and around Cov choosing and attending games to support a team that plays 35 miles from its home city,In my opinion
I can only say I know one of my friends sons who used to go to every game with his dad,is now supporting and attending Tottenham games

Nick

Administrator
Good girl held her own there brilliant. The consolation is that at least she can say she has seen her team play I wonder how many if any of those other kids will be able to say the same except on the tv!

She can't use the "I have seen Man Utd more than you have" like I used to as a kid :(

clerkin61

Actually it's quite heartbreaking hearing the kids chanting 'Cov are rubbish' The powers that be have a lot to answer for, but your daughter, well, what a gorgeous cutie!!

WillieStanley

Cheers for the love, lads! They started off chanting "Cov are sick" and I thought that was a good thing... Turns out it's returned to its original meaning on the street !

It's a strange time. A heartbreaking time, but there is a future. The has to be!

thelookout

I wonder how many Coventry kids don't get to see city play? My two don't anymore.

No chance of them seeing their team play in that dump.

Its great seeing examples of kids supporting their local team, but what about the thousands left behind in Coventry?

Potentially lost forever.

Well done tim. What a fantastic job you've done.

Tonylinc

We all have our own views on who is guilty of destroying our proud club BUT the one thing that unites us all is the sadness that we feel having to watch it's destruction before our very eyes and in the knowledge that we can't do a damn thing to stop it.

Bob Latchford

respect for the vid !
your daughter marrying a villa fan pftttt.
going to sisufields...ruins respect for the video.

Users who are viewing this thread