A new Firm for Cov (1 Viewer)

Hobo

When are the rehearsals?

RoboCCFC90

Mock if you like, it's a fanatics group, it's not just about singing, I know that everyone will have their opinions on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orig skyblue87

I think its a good idea tbf...i watch alot of European football and some of the noise and scenes created by the fanatics/ultras are fantastic.

I remember early season seeing Palace on Sky before one of our away matches and the small corner there making an effort to support there team, that then has increased throughout the season.
There were fantastic scenes against Man City when the whole stand joined in with banners, flags, ribbons etc and the noise created the other evening against Lpool proves the 12th man theory.

Hobo

Alright I confess to some mockery. But good luck with it, at least you are trying to do something. It doesn't matter if you get 10 or a thousand I'm sure people will get something out of it.

At least you are trying to bring fans together, as we seem to be drifting apart at the moment in some sort f civil war.

RoboCCFC90

I think its a good idea tbf...i watch alot of European football and some of the noise and scenes created by the fanatics/ultras are fantastic.

I remember early season seeing Palace on Sky before one of our away matches and the small corner there making an effort to support there team, that then has increased throughout the season.
There were fantastic scenes against Man City when the whole stand joined in with banners, flags, ribbons etc and the noise created the other evening against Lpool proves the 12th man theory.

Exactly, we can be the 12th man and that's the thought behind it. Just like the West Terrace used to be back in the day..

orig skyblue87

Exactly, we can be the 12th man and that's the thought behind it. Just like the West Terrace used to be back in the day..

Yes i can see the idea behind it, the West Terrace was a big part of the whole matchday. In reality althou people have took the mick abit the majority would love a return to them days

wantedDOA

As I live in London I attend a fair few of the Palace games and their support has been amazing all season. They have a fanatics group similar to the one being suggested. Its growing all the time. They have organised a lot of displays in the stand prior to the games and created large flags which has added a lot to the match experience. I'm convinced that support has gained them extra points this season.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm looking forward to Robbo + 'others' standing at the front facing the crowd with a megaphone - like the Italians (amongst others) leading the chants. I used to smile at them, thinking they were a bunch of plonkers, but the fans seemed happy to go for it, so fair play. The only thing I never got, was that although they seemed fanatical, they never seemed to watch the match (mind you if next year we play the same as the back end of this....maybe no great loss ;)) Good luck to you, Robbo.

RoboCCFC90

I'm looking forward to Robbo + 'others' standing at the front facing the crowd with a megaphone - like the Italians (amongst others) leading the chants. I used to smile at them, thinking they were a bunch of plonkers, but the fans seemed happy to go for it, so fair play. The only thing I never got, was that although they seemed fanatical, they never seemed to watch the match (mind you if next year we play the same as the back end of this....maybe no great loss ;)) Good luck to you, Robbo.

Thank you Harry your welcome to join me at the front ;) I have a big enough gob as it is, don't need a megaphone!

shmmeee

I think that's a fantastic idea Rob. I've been saying for ages a few groups like that should be supported by the club, you just have to break the social awkwardness in a lot of areas and people will start singing, it's just no-one wants to be that one guy on his bod.

Not sure about the "family" stuff, but each to their own. Genuinely the best idea I've seen on here in all this crap, well done.

Sky Blue Harry H

I think that's a fantastic idea Rob. I've been saying for ages a few groups like that should be supported by the club, you just have to break the social awkwardness in a lot of areas and people will start singing, it's just no-one wants to be that one guy on his bod.

Not sure about the "family" stuff, but each to their own. Genuinely the best idea I've seen on here in all this crap, well done.

Agree Shmmeee though if you're a City fan, you should have got through the 'social awkwardness stage' many, many moons ago :laugh::laugh:

shmmeee

Agree Shmmeee though if you're a City fan, you should have got through the 'social awkwardness stage' many, many moons ago :laugh::laugh:

Just saying what I see around me when I sat in one of the less singy areas at the Ricoh. Once a few people started people who hadn't sung all season joined in.

We're a cynical bunch in case you hadn't noticed :D

Sky Blue Harry H

Just saying what I see around me when I sat in one of the less singy areas at the Ricoh. Once a few people started people who hadn't sung all season joined in.

images
Are you the one on the right, Shmmeee??

Sky Blue Harry H

images

Or is this you, in your Feyenoord top?!

Coolspot

For all you jokers or people who don't believe here is a lesson. The Oxford English Dictionary says that the word firm means: Having a solid, almost unyielding surface or structure: or Showing resolute determination and strength of character: What are you.

Hobo

For all you jokers or people who don't believe here is a lesson. The Oxford English Dictionary says that the word firm means: Having a solid, almost unyielding surface or structure: or Showing resolute determination and strength of character: What are you.

But to a football fan from the 70's and 80's a 'firm' is a bunch of c!!!! Who spoil your day out.

I know what the OP is trying to set up is different, it's just unfortunate he chose the word to float his idea.

Fanatics is much better.

Samo

That's not what you meant by firm though is it Coolspot?

Coolspot

No: I have formed a group, OK there is only 14 people so far for next session but its growing fast. We want to meet each week, wear our shirts with pride and passion. Sing our songs, talk to talk and become a unit. Each away game those who can, we always meet at the same place and at the same time. We travel together and run together. We make our name known. Once a group grows people can see our anger and upset.

Hobo

No: I have formed a group, OK there is only 14 people so far for next session but its growing fast. We want to meet each week, wear our shirts with pride and passion. Sing our songs, talk to talk and become a unit. Each away game those who can, we always meet at the same place and at the same time. We travel together and run together. We make our name known. Once a group grows people can see our anger and upset.

"Travel together and run together" isn't that opposed to The meaning of 'firm' ;-)

Matty_CCFC

I can understand where this is coming from, I did not want to be part of the old style "firm" but at same time I believe we have to do something before we are dead and gone.

Coolspot

Ok, forget the word "FIRM", maybe a consortium of people that want to take action, in a "NON" firm action way

Hobo

Ok, forget the word "FIRM", maybe a consortium of people that want to take action, in a "NON" firm action way

I though Fanatics covered it very well. A group of fanatics.

Sky Blue Harry H

Have to say, whilst my first reaction was to take the p*ss out of this thread, the sheer enthusiasm from Cool has begun to win me over. It feels a bit like watching a naff act on Britain's got Talent, but the longer you watch, you realise that behind the delusion, maybe, just maybe lurks a spark of genius!!!:claping hands:

oscillatewildly

I'm also warming to you coolspot. (No pun or irony intended there!) I thought your intentions were a bit dubious from the start as well but I have to say, I share a similar belief.
I seemed to have pissed a few people off a couple of months back when I let rip on here after the Crewe game, but I stand by those comments.
I'm in!

Users who are viewing this thread