A much better day than any of us were expecting! (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Well some fun post about here and still anger to SISU.
Seems to be a case of dammed if you do and dammed if you don't huh?

The reality is simple.

We signed a teriffic striker who is young and tends to score goals for fun. Watch his form on YouTube and you will see what a prospect we have just got from under the noses of a heap of other clubs.
If he fulfils his promise he will be worth an absolute mint! That potentially great business by SISU.

We have probably made money today and strengthened the squad. More good business by SISU.

We have also strengthened the value of the squad and will now offer Clingan a further extension to his contract and able to afford to pay him more.

There were strong offers (pretty good money) for Juke and Clingan today that was resisted. More good business from SISU.

Can we at least accept that they are trying to run the club within it's means, stabilising and at the same time taking small steps forward?

They are not my favourite owners but we must keep a lid on some of these reactions as I can only see that SISU have acted in good faith today.

They did not cave in to 1m plus offers for Juke and 1m plus for Clingan. If it was just the cash they wanted then they would have don't you think?

Turner has not played in almost a year. He was great for a short while but who knows now? Selling a player who has not played in almost a year and not even featuring yet was a good move. I'm sure there will be sell on clauses in that too.

Come on folks it was a good days business and I'm really looking forward to this kid Cody alongside the Juke. I think a few of you are going to be thanking Andy Thorn's judgement before long.

Perhaps a strong midfield dynamo on loan next week will complete the picture and we just earned the money to pay the wages of one!

Bring on Derby!!

Last edited:

SkyBlueDickie

Trouble is, Cody was prolific in a lower league. How many players have we seen like him before ? Could be a good addition but still needed more signings. The bit that scares me is when you look at our midfield as I think Bell and Baker would struggle to shine in Sunday league. We need a winger in my eyes.

Paxman II

Just because we are not throwing money around like Leicester and they are at least trying to keep our club in business and getting our house in order they are a bunch of clowns? Come on they picked up the mess left by the last regime lets not forget.
They could yet do what they are good at - turn the club around and leave us in a better state than we started with.

derbyskyblue

Just because we are not throwing money around like Leicester and they are at least trying to keep our club in business and getting our house in order they are a bunch of clowns? Come on they picked up the mess left by the last regime lets not forget.
They could yet do what they are good at - turn the club around and leave us in a better state than we started with.
They could have kept dann and fox but noooo, lets cash in. We could have had carrol and henderson, but nooo. I know lets try and get rid of thomas and any other player who might get us a quick buck. Carrol eventually went for 35 million. How anyone can be a sisu apologist is beyond me. Tell me one thing sisu have done for us apart from saving us which now looking back i wish they had'nt. We should have took admin, take the hit and start again.

skybluesben

I STILL WANT SISU OUT, SAY I STILL WANT SISU OUT!!!!!!!!!! :blue::blue:

skybluesben

skybluesben: You are an angry man who can't see the wood for the trees.

Nope, they signed 1 player, well fucking done SISU, our problems are now over! All hail SISU!!! :facepalm::facepalm::blue::blue::blue::blue:

Paxman II

Nope, they signed 1 player, well fucking done SISU, our problems are now over! All hail SISU!!! :facepalm::facepalm::blue::blue::blue::blue:

You should be a Leicester fan. Far more suited to your cause I predict.
Boom, bust, boom, bust, boom, bust.....

SkyBlue_Bear83

They could have kept dann and fox but noooo, lets cash in. We could have had carrol and henderson, but nooo. I know lets try and get rid of thomas and any other player who might get us a quick buck. Carrol eventually went for 35 million. How anyone can be a sisu apologist is beyond me. Tell me one thing sisu have done for us apart from saving us which now looking back i wish they had'nt. We should have took admin, take the hit and start again.
All clubs are selling clubs. Reading sold there two best players this window in Long and Mills.
I am not suprised SISU are cautious with there money after idiots like Coleman and Boothroyd blew in on dross like Mcindoe, Platt, Bell, Eastwood, ROD, Carsley
Today could have seen Turner, Juke and Clingan all leave with nobody coming in, that hasn't happened and for that I am grateful.
I do not believe we can progress as a club under SISU but at least it shows they still have a desire to stay in this league.

skybluesben

You should be a Leicester fan. Far more suited to your cause I predict.
Boom, bust, boom, bust, boom, bust.....

No i just want a board who are willing to support our club (thats support not balance the books) and not full us with bullshit............. And SISU are that board! Oh wait a minute................. THEIR NOT! :blue::blue:

Zen

All clubs are selling clubs. Reading sold there two best players this window in Long and Mills.

To be fair, they did sell Mills and Long for a tidy sum totalling nearly £10m. I'd happily take £5m for any one of our players at the moment, provided they were replaced suitably, however.

shmmeee

No i just want a board who are willing to support our club (thats support not balance the books) and not full us with bullshit............. And SISU are that board! Oh wait a minute................. THEIR NOT! :blue::blue:

It could be argued that you had that board in the 90s and look where it got us.

Just sayin.

Paxman II

This is amazing to me.
How do you define the board supporting our club exactly?

I would say keeping us in existence for one. If that means balancing the books the best they can then that's a good place to start.

The bull shit is a matter of which story you believe the most and frankly the bull shit has come from all sides.

We are not really any different from the majority of clubs in this league. Only those with some benefactors like Leicester or West Ham have will be splashing the cash and that is a boom or bust gamble.

Cardiff have gambled for the last 3 seasons and lost their bet.

We have a very talented 'young' side emanating out of all the mess of the last few seasons and if we keep our heads they will become a tour de force over the next few years.

Disorganised1

Unfortunately the danger is that we will sell their heads, their feet, their legs, and their arses and we become another Crewe.
(Not to suggest that Andy joins the academy lads in the shower.)

brinner

The reality is simple.

We signed a teriffic striker who is young and tends to score goals for fun. Watch his form on YouTube and you will see what a prospect we have just got from under the noses of a heap of other clubs.
If he fulfils his promise he will be worth an absolute mint! That potentially great business by SISU.

We have probably made money today and strengthened the squad. More good business by SISU.

We have also strengthened the value of the squad and will now offer Clingan a further extension to his contract and able to afford to pay him more.

There were strong offers (pretty good money) for Juke and Clingan today that was resisted. More good business from SISU.

Can we at least accept that they are trying to run the club within it's means, stabilising and at the same time taking small steps forward?

They are not my favourite owners but we must keep a lid on some of these reactions as I can only see that SISU have acted in good faith today.

They did not cave in to 1m plus offers for Juke and 1m plus for Clingan. If it was just the cash they wanted then they would have don't you think?

Turner has not played in almost a year. He was great for a short while but who knows now? Selling a player who has not played in almost a year and not even featuring yet was a good move. I'm sure there will be sell on clauses in that too.

Come on folks it was a good days business and I'm really looking forward to this kid Cody alongside the Juke. I think a few of you are going to be thanking Andy Thorn's judgement before long.

Perhaps a strong midfield dynamo on loan next week will complete the picture and we just earned the money to pay the wages of one!

Bring on Derby!!
gota be ken deluded.

Otis

The reality is simple.

Bring on Derby!!

If he fulfils his promise he will be worth an absolute mint! That potentially great business by SISU. - Agree.

We have probably made money today and strengthened the squad. More good business by SISU. - Sort of true. We need to add to the squad to strengthen it though, not just have one player in and one player out.

There were strong offers (pretty good money) for Juke and Clingan today that was resisted. More good business from SISU. - Simply untrue. How on earth do you know this? We have no idea or not if we were actually actively in fact TRYING to sell these players but that it just didn't happen. Do you not think these players WOULD have been sold had the right offers come in and we had the replacements in place? Could be the replacements we had lined up just didn't come to fruition. Would almost certainly expect Jukebox to go in January to be honest. Truth is we don't know what happened last night. Of course this morning now it looks like Sisu resisted offer for two of our better players. Hooray!! Hoorah. Bring out the trumpets, bang the drums and kiss your Auntie Vera! I am not falling for that at all. We simply have no idea what happened and I reserve judgment.

They did not cave in to 1m plus offers for Juke and 1m plus for Clingan. If it was just the cash they wanted then they would have don't you think? - Pleas see above!

Last edited:

covcity4life

it is a good point,we all have our issues with sisu but noone can deny we are a stronger squad today than we were yesterday

it was a good deadline day for city.

kapowaz

It's a shame that so many people can't see things from both perspectives. As much as I'm not pleased with the way things are right now you have to acknowledge that the ultimate outcome of deadline day was that we sold a player who was injured (and although I'm probably in the minority here, that I always thought was a liability) in an area where we can afford to trim the fat, and gained a striker who looks promising, when we so desperately needed one.

Is this cause for celebration? Perhaps not. Is it a lot better than some people (including myself) were predicting? Most definitely. Do SISU deserve some credit for that result? Perhaps. It's always hard to know just what went on — for all we know all players were ‘for sale at the right price’ and we just didn't get the offers (this is probably true at most clubs, despite what the fans would like to think). There may well have been other offers we made that didn't pan out. Regardless, it's naïve to slate SISU for what happened yesterday just because you've already made your mind up that they're the bad guys. Things are never that simple.

Now, we should be looking forward to Saturday and giving Cody the welcome he deserves. I have a feeling we're going to start showing our potential over the next 3-4 games. Let's get behind the team and leave the bickering and politicking for another time.

Otis

Saturday? A week on Saturday you mean!

I am not biased or blinkered when it comes to Sisu for sure. i think we did okay yesterday in the market. Not brilliant, not badly. Do Sisu deserve credit though? No. We still have a painfully thin squad. Anyone could see that yesterday we needed to bring 2 players in minimum. Having Turner going the other way meant that should have been readjusted to 3. We made a profit on selling Turner and bringing McDonald in.

Let's see what happens in the loan market. If we bring 2 or 3 in in the loan market then I will give sisu credit for that for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread