A message to Mark Robins (1 Viewer)

RegTheDonk

TBF I appreciate where the OP is coming from.

All very good to play it out from the back, but yesterday they had 4 blokes virtually standing next to our defenders. That's inviting trouble and if it means pumping it long, then surely to christ we have people who can challenge in the air. A fair percentage of the game is using your head (literally).

We've been excellent this season, far better than most of us would have dreamed. I like the idea of playing out from the back, keeping possession, taking the ball forward constructively. Lets not kid ourselves though that this tactic has lead to errors that have cost us goals and points. It could be the difference between success and failure.

I'm assuming the players are able to voice their opinion to the manager and are happy and confident to play this way. So if they muck it up, they should be willing to take the criticism and frustration of the public.

Mcbean

Marosi has an awesome throw maybe the midfield could pick up the ball from one of those rather than the Russian Roulette in the box ? PUSB trust in MR - hiccup merely

larry_david

First 15 mins the short pass was never on so marosi did that little dink to the half way line. Rotherham did their homework.

Legia Sky Blue

Burton away - He ran the show, top 5 centre halves in the league... end of.

Yes he played well in that game, but otherwise he hasn't been as good as I hoped or expected. I haven't given up hope as he clearly was a good player for Burton, but he has to cut out the sloppy errors, as there have simply been too many of them. I also expected him to be more dominant in the air - he was comfortably beaten for their 1st goal yesterday, & contrary to what we were led to believe he has offered little threat from our attacking set pieces. On the evidence so far, we were better off with Tom Davies.

cc84cov

Yes he played well in that game, but otherwise he hasn't been as good as I hoped or expected. I haven't given up hope as he clearly was a good player for Burton, but he has to cut out the sloppy errors, as there have simply been too many of them. I also expected him to be more dominant in the air - he was comfortably beaten for their 1st goal yesterday, & contrary to what we were led to believe he has offered little threat from our attacking set pieces. On the evidence so far, we were better off with Tom Davies.
Davies for me is the better defender have to say

OffenhamSkyBlue

I'm sorry, but right from game 1 against Southend, McFadz in particular, but others too, has shown an acute lack of awareness of who is around him, and has played others (notably Marosi) up shit creek without a paddle. I'm happy playing out from the back, and we play some stunning football that way, but we need to learn there are times when we should stop fannying about with it and simply get rid!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Seems like it can happen to Man City's players, let alone Cov City's.

Evo1883

Please, please, please will you stop with this playing out from the back. It’s creating more problems than solutions and if we are not careful we will have players not suited to playing this way losing confidence. It’s fashionable doing this but only the elite clubs can do this... we’re league 1 and no way in my opinion be applying pressure on ourselves playing this way.

mcfazdean is a old fashioned meet and greet type of player not a ball player and I personally think it’s unfair to ask players to do something there not comfortable doing.

we have had today’s result coming following the Wimbledon and Doncaster let offs. Let’s hope Mark Robins now realises this needs changing.
Sorry just double checking the photo function works laugh-1451610001.jpg

covcity4life

Please, please, please will you stop with this playing out from the back. It’s creating more problems than solutions and if we are not careful we will have players not suited to playing this way losing confidence. It’s fashionable doing this but only the elite clubs can do this... we’re league 1 and no way in my opinion be applying pressure on ourselves playing this way.

mcfazdean is a old fashioned meet and greet type of player not a ball player and I personally think it’s unfair to ask players to do something there not comfortable doing.

we have had today’s result coming following the Wimbledon and Doncaster let offs. Let’s hope Mark Robins now realises this needs changing.

Lol this aged well

CCFC54321

Absolutely clueless. I'm still loving the 'meet and greet type of player'.
"Hello sir, I would like to welcome you to the penalty area, today I will be removing the ball from your person without warning. Do be warned my colleagues will be aiming to do the same".
Brilliant couldn’t believe it when I read it! Well done for bringing it back up. Quality.

Users who are viewing this thread