A little over a week to go... (1 Viewer)

Peter Griffin

And how are we all feeling? I'm trying to set a side the doom and gloom of our pre-season. It's seems almost inevitable we're in for a long, hard slog this season, but miracles can happen I guess.

We need another 4 or 5 quality players, which clearly isn't gonna happen but maybe something will happen?

Still I will admit I can't wait to get in the car next Sunday and hit the M5 to see the City!

Nick

Administrator
I am getting a bit worried now,especially about the defensive situation with most of our centre halves injured and Scott Dann gone, if he pushes Wright into the Central Role it still lives us without a right back so hopefully he will sort that out.

I am looking forward to seeing Clingan play though after all of the speculation around him but I have a feeling that RR and CC will pull a couple of players out of a hat, Paul Daniels styly!

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
I havent been to a city game yet,i was to fly over for the first game next wek but ive holidays end of this month so cant afford it.ill be going over end of sept please god and see who they are playing at home.

jpskyblue

i know its all doom and gloom, but i personally feel that:

1. CC and RR will pull out at least 2 more signings in he next week or so (they might not be exactly what we wanted (ie Prem Class) but will more than do a job for us).
2. CC and RR will swing at 2 loan signings even if just to carry us through until january
3. We will look back in 12 months time as this being a season that we got to own half our own ground again and reached a respectable mid table finish, rather than the season we sold some of our "crown jewels" and reached a respectable mid table
finish

If that all happens i will be more than happy...

Peter Griffin

Good post mate, sums up my thoughts very well. Personally I'm surprised we're not after Leroy Lita, we need another forward IMO on a free it seems like a no-brainer.

We do need to do a little bit more business in the market or we may find it pretty difficult this season, but I'll happilly put up with a crap season if it means we finally get a foothold in at the Ricoh.

jpskyblue

Cant see Lita coming - would suggest he was on big money at Reading which would be the problem, likely to see him down the road, i would like to see us try to sign a bit of "steel" up front to partner Best, as Morrison is no bruiser, and his latest comments to the press about player sell off, sounds like a comment from a player looking for a way out...

I pray that Freddie comes good this season, if not, get rid in January...

I hope that the youth players coming through, especially Cain, get a decent run, but because they are good enough, not because we nothing else...

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
If we dont sign anymore players and hopefully some how have a good run come january lets say were like in the top 8,then who knows we might sign 2 or 3 good players in that window that push us for promotion thats honestly the only way i can see us getting players if we dont sign anymore before the window shuts.

TalkSkyBlue

The lack of numbers and depth of experience is worrying but a ball in anger has not yet been kicked. And so I remain up beat. Sure the season ahead will be be difficult and in typical Sky Blue fashion the ‘doubters’ will hold centre stage for much of the coming campaign – I hope I’m wrong . A mid-table finish, owning a share of the ground and seeing at least one Cain, Clarke, Grandison, Walker, Jeffers flourishing would be a successful outcome. But as you know, footballs a funny game – look what happened to Man U all those years ago when the chips were down a youthful and enterprising team was thrust on the centre stage…… we know the rest. Dream on;)
PS What's the story with Rivals/GMKonline?

Nick

Administrator
I hope that the youth players will come good this season but I can't help but wonder if they are too young or not. The only one I can see playing a lot is Cain because he brings pace and excitement to the game and he whips a good cross in which is exactly what Leon Best needs.

I think we will see a couple of signings before the new season though!

jpskyblue

I was one of those fans who "ashamedly" cheered when Mckensie fell over against the bluenoses and got injured (i feel bad now i know the extent of his injury), however i really hope we dont take a backward step and offer him a new contract... I would rather see a youngster with talent and limited/no experience be given a shot in the first team than offer LM a new contract with his experience but limited ability...

I agree with all comments about Rivals, i rarely posted on there as there was too much none football rubbish spouted continually... i miss the banter with rival fans (i believe Blackburn banned me for life :) ) though.....

Peter Griffin

I still have a funny feeling McSheffrey will sign on loan before the start of the season. The worrying thing is Coleman says he's getting desperate, and Clinton Morrison has come out and said how down the players are about it all.

jpskyblue

If Sheff comes back then great... think again his wages will be the stumbling block...

I would like to see a couple of the Arsenal wonderkids, it worked for the bluenoses a few years ago...

Nick

Administrator
Yeah it did work when they had Bendner up front he did a good job for them but it is just getting them to sign on loan here.

I think McKenzie when he came back was decent on the left wing, he was causing the most threats against Right Backs and worked his socks off to help Danny Fox at left back and was good both defensively and attacking. Although I am not sure how much this injury will have affected him!

im-confused

If we don't sign anyone else before the transfer window closes, I would actually put money on us finishing in the bottom 3.

Users who are viewing this thread