A good reception (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

I hope that at the next game, Pressley gets a good reception from the crowd before we beat them.

It may have unravelled, but leading us through Sixfields and out the other side is something not to be sniffed at.

stupot07

Seconded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

wingy

Gotta say I felt a bit for LC today. Thought we may have respected him on a human level given the awful circumstances of his fathers death recently.
Maybe I should just go to rugby.

D

Deleted member 4439

He deserves it not least because he's brought the opposition club to it's knees...

Last edited by a moderator:

steveo1987

Changing the subject slightly, hats off to the Bury fans.Joined in all of the applause during the half time festivities as well as the 87th minute applause.6 down and joined in, top effort.

usskyblue

In fairness, most of our recent managers have been polishing a turd...Pressley was working with diarrhea

Lecko

He isn't our manager, we can do the nice stuff when he claps us for beating them

This!

Yes he got us through a shit state and I'll appreciate that fact when the game is over and hopefully we've gave the a hiding as well!

Gazolba

Cannot fault his commitment to the cause. He was just out of his depth at the end. I'm sure it was a learning experience for him.

Sick Boy

Fully agree with the OP; it wasn't all that long ago that he was being lauded as one of our greatest ever managers and he did a superb job getting us through Sixfields and overcoming 2 points deductions.

covhead1

Personally I thought he was a useless pile of shite as a manager,
And what a liar, have you forgotten all the bull he used to come out with in his post match interviews etc
Good riddance I say.

Sick Boy

Personally I thought he was a useless pile of shite as a manager,
And what a liar, have you forgotten all the bull he used to come out with in his post match interviews etc
Good riddance I say.

He got us over 2 10 point deductions and this during was during the Sixfields debacle; a useless manager wouldn't have been to do that.

Haha a liar? He was protecting 'the group' ;) in public, as most managers do. Behind closed doors I'm sure it was a different matter.

covhead1

So......he was still crap.

His signings were mostly awful.
The bomb squad..... remember that.
His tactics were a joke.
I could go on but I can't be arsed.

Otis

He got us over 2 10 point deductions and this during was during the Sixfields debacle; a useless manager wouldn't have been to do that.

Haha a liar? He was protecting 'the group' ;) in public, as most managers do. Behind closed doors I'm sure it was a different matter.
I don't have much feeling at all about him, but when we were at Sixifelds it felt as if the club was dead to me, so that period sort of just whooshes over my head.

Didn't follow the threads, didn't listen to the radio and at times didn't even know we had a game on.

It really felt like we didn't have a club at that point in my eyes, so I could never, ever give him any praise for that period.

Don't particularly want to look back at it retrospectively to offer a judgement to be honest.

Was glad when he went, cos he seemed to have lost the plot. I won't boo him, but I certainly won't clap him either.

Just hope we bag the 3 points.

Sick Boy

I don't have much feeling at all about him, but when we were at Sixifelds it felt as if the club was dead to me, so that period sort of just whooshes over my head.

Didn't follow the threads, didn't listen to the radio and at times didn't even know we had a game on.

It really felt like we didn't have a club at that point in my eyes, so I could never, ever give him any praise for that period.

Don't particularly want to look back at it retrospectively to offer a judgement to be honest.

Was glad when he went, cos he seemed to have lost the plot. I won't boo him, but I certainly won't clap him either.

Just hope we bag the 3 points.

Just because you weren't engaged with the club didn't mean it didn't happen, nor does it take away from what a good job he did.

I agree, he should have gone earlier but he did a good job for a good while. There were plenty of threads on here saying he was one of our best ever managers and praising his contract extension.

lifeskyblue

Presley did a job in awful circumstances. He kept the club going in what I think of as our darkest hour. He was naive at times about players and tactics but he gave his all for the club and I will remember him for that. Those who boo him will probably also be those who have called for TMs head over the last few weeks...or those who know little about football

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Just because you weren't engaged with the club didn't mean it didn't happen, nor does it take away from what a good job he did.

I agree, he should have gone earlier but he did a good job for a good while. There were plenty of threads on here saying he was one of our best ever managers and praising his contract extension.
I know. Just saying I totally switched off during that period. Not denying it happened. I just paid no attention to that period and have have never looked back retrospectively.

Couldn't begin to comment on it.

Sick Boy

Presley did a job in awful circumstances. He kept the club going in what I think of as our darkest hour. He was naive at times about players and tactics but he gave his all for the club and I will remember him for that. Those who boo him will probably also be those who have called for TMs head over the last few weeks...or those who know little about football

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good post!

NorthernWisdom

It would have been easy for the team to flop over and die, fall downwards, do a Luton.

The fact we're here now able to challenge is as much due to the manager and team ensuring that didn't happen.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Too true NW! I didn't want to go to Sixfields personally but from what I understand SP created something of a siege mentality.

Otis

It would have been easy for the tam to flop over and die, fall downwards, do a Luton.

The fact we're here now able to challenge is as much due to the manager and team ensuring that didn't happen.
That period just upsets me too much, NW. The club I supported all my life had been taken from me in my eyes.

After years and years and years of having a season ticket I suddenly couldn't watch my club at all, so it felt like I had no club.

Really don't know anything much at all about that period of time and to be honest, the only thing I ever looked at were the attendances at Sixifelds, which I wanted to go down and down, because I felt that was the best chance of the club coming back home.

skybluebeduff

He will get rightfully boo'ed, the guy is a complete wanker, they way he treated some players and our youth is unacceptable.

Hope he enjoys League Two soon, tossa.
:jerkit:

Users who are viewing this thread