...A funny thing happened on the terraces.... (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

To try and take our minds of the TM will-he-or-won't-he? debate I wondered if anyone has some recollections of amusing things that have happened to you or that you witnessed either home or away, not on the pitch but off .

I remember back in the mid 1970's standing in the west terrace and we scored. Everyone was jumping up and down when suddenly I felt something hit my shoulder and then fall to the floor. Looking down, an arm suddenly shot out across the floor to my side to retrieve a set of teeth (can't remember whether it was top or bottom set ) . I turned round to see a bloke stand up, pop them back in and give me a big smile. Can't remember anything else about the game whatsoever.

Anyone remember the Eddie Edwards lookalike Chelsea fan at Highfield Road ?

Last edited:

wingy

That happened to me once IE my teeth dropped out
Funny one around 3 seasons back , a bloke sitting in the corner across from us in block 28 caught a Pigeon in mid flight, hilarious to see it

oscillatewildly

1993/94 ish away at QPR, game had only got under way when 3 middle aged blokes clearly the worse for wear from alcohol consumption were spotted by a steward who informed the feds. They weren't being abusive, just extremely wobbly, to the point where one fell over and when his mate went to help him up he too joined him on the floor. As they were being led out, the third mate who had been doing his up most to act sober was asked if he was with them, he didn't offer any protestation, just lamely stuck his hands up in surrender mode before hitting the deck himself.
I'm pretty sure this was the Andy Pearce 'impossible' own goal game.

rupert_bear

Remember the old West End terraces ? where there were a couple of no-man land gangways seperating rival supporters and where the police stood. Well i remember we were playing Chelsea and before the game started two of their lot were staring at Cov fans doing the throat slit gestures and all that when the old bill went up to them handcuffed them to a crash barrier and each other almost face to face, left them there all match unable to see the pitch and to add insult to injury it looked like they nicked them at the end of the game, imagine that in the pc world of today. Harsh but seemed to cool a lot of the surrounding trouble makers down.

Wheelfass

In the 60's I always stood on the old wooden Crows Nest at the back of the Kop with my Dad and his mates. Us kids were forever being sent underneath to put out the fires that were started by discarded cigarettes. Sometimes if we were lucky we would find a few bob in coins or a match day programme that had slipped between the wooden steps. Health and safety hadn't even been thought about back then.

SkyBlue_Bear83

At the 3-1 win v MK Dons a few years back, I was standing near someone who was dressed as Elvis Pressley which I found pretty odd and funny

Covkid1968#

What was the game where the snow was all piled up around the outside of the pitch in the 90's and when the ball went out for a throw in he picked up a big chink of snow and took a thow in with it? :)

Terry Gibson's perm

I had a big pigeon shit on me when I was sitting in the sky blue stand at HR and a few years later sitting in the east stand the bloke who sat straight behind me shouting had a heart attack (not funny but very scary he did survive and has back going crazy about a month later)

Sick Boy

I had a big pigeon shit on me when I was sitting in the sky blue stand at HR and a few years later sitting in the east stand the bloke who sat straight behind me shouting had a heart attack (not funny but very scary he did survive and has back going crazy about a month later)

Was this around 1995? I was only about 11 at the time but he was sitting right in front of me.

Does anyone remember when we played Burnely and we beat them 4-0 at HR under Eric Black, think we were 3 up in 10 minutes and the same happened the following game against Preston. Anyway, this Burnley girl was walking along the away stand, she was actually pretty good looking for a girl from Burnley. She actually flashed the West Terrace after asking her to.

Also, I remember when some away fans were asking if a steward (female) took it up the arse. The WT responded with yes she does :D

Last edited:

the rumpo kid

used to sit on the back row of the west stand at H/R, every time mo konjic went on one of those runs of his, a old guy about 8 or 9 rows in front of me would jump up throw one arm forward Shakespearian actor style and shout "unleash the hounds" at the top of his voice , never failed to make me laugh out loud.

wince

any one remember playing Liverpool (70s) when in the warm up ,a old sky blue 3 wheeler car (that used to park round the pitch ) took of across the pitch after the owner got out ,it went right across the pitch and crashed into the wall on the other side , I remember kevin keegan going up to the driver and putting an arm round him

ccfcrob

What was the game where the snow was all piled up around the outside of the pitch in the 90's and when the ball went out for a throw in he picked up a big chink of snow and took a thow in with it? :)

That was Ally Pickering I was about 6 or 7 at the time and loved it

Terry Gibson's perm

Was this around 1995? I was only about 11 at the time but he was sitting right in front of me.

Does anyone remember when we played Burnely and we beat them 4-0 at HR under Eric Black, think we were 3 up in 10 minutes and the same happened the following game against Preston. Anyway, this Burnley girl was walking along the away stand, she was actually pretty good looking for a girl from Burnley. She actually flashed the West Terrace after asking her to.

Also, I remember when some away fans were asking if a steward (female) took it up the arse. The WT responded with yes she does :D

It could have been he used to say when Sol Campbell came to play you are a camel, he also smoked through most of the game and shouted in between puffs and spat on the back of my head a lot!

Sick Boy

It could have been he used to say when Sol Campbell came to play you are a camel, he also smoked through most of the game and shouted in between puffs and spat on the back of my head a lot!

hahaha!! All I can remember is that he used to smoke a lot and there was some guy sitting next to me who went mad at the paramedics about a helicopter flying over the stadium. There were certainly some characters about in those days.

oscillatewildly

We played B'ham, very early '80's in an FA cup game at HR. I'm pretty sure they had the whole of the Kop end. From my vantage point on the SB terrace I watched in amusement as all the Brummie skinheads trooped onto the Kop with DM's 'flapping'. A police tactic of that time would be to 'disarm' the wearers by confiscating their laces. Either just before KO or at HT a Blues fan was taken out of the Kop and placed on the cinder track behind that goal. He appeared to be very aggressive and was lashing out but he was actually suffering an epileptic fit. Not funny at all I know and it was quite shocking to witness for the first time. However, amongst the drama came a moment of comedy as one of the St John's Ambulance chaps in attendance (they seemed to be either teenagers or old enough to have served in the Boer war - he was of the latter) was knocked onto the rear of the goal net by the poor blokes flailings.
The Brummie was finally subdued by police and other SJA attendees but the old fella had managed to ensnare himself in the net by a combination of his satchel and his own spindly limbs. It was a bit like watching a turtle on it's back trying to right itself.

Users who are viewing this thread