A different angle Or (1 Viewer)

Brylowes

posted this on a thread but thought I'd start a thread.
So everyone seems to agree that SISU' s aim as a hedge fund was to unite club and stadium
Before selling on for a fortune. Obviously this didn't happen because they either couldn't afford
Or couldn't reach agreement to do so.

Now wasps have already secured the stadium, which most would consider the harder to get
And certainly more valuable asset of the two. People keep coming up with lots of reasons why
Wasps wouldn't want the football club, but surely they only have to purchase an ailing tin pot
Football club, and they will have done what SISU couldn't.

So stadium and club United at last, now if SISU could have sold the lot for a fortune, the same
Would surely apply to wasps, only now they would be selling stadium, club, rugger club and
Acadamy. Just a thought.

Captain Dart

You posted the same thing on a different topic? Anyway I'm sure you are on the wrong track utterly and completely. Anyone who buys CCFC will need to put £2-5M in each year just to get back to the Championship and stay there, even more to return to the Premier League. Wasps can't afford that sort of money it will screw Eastwoods plans. Wasps are buying land for housing and hotel development the profits from which will finance errrrm.... Wasps. They don't want CCFC it would be an albatross round their neck.

KG7

I'm not so sure Captain Dart. I've always had a suspicion that distressing SISU and having Eastwood acquire the football club to unite it with the stadium (and now a larger Coventry sporting group) was part of the council's plan when bringing wasps in. But no point going over and over it-well just have to wait and see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

I'm not so sure Captain Dart. I've always had a suspicion that distressing SISU and having Eastwood acquire the football club to unite it with the stadium (and now a larger Coventry sporting group) was part of the council's plan when bringing wasps in. But no point going over and over it-well just have to wait and see

A larger sporting group I can understand but it would have to bring in considerable extra investment and won't be under the Wasps umbrella. Given that Wasps were negotiating with CCFC till relatively recently it seems unlikely, unless someone came along and made a better proposal that trumped continuing talks with CCFC. It is a morass whatever way you look at it.

robbiekeane

The whole thing is simple for me. Sisu made a decision a while ago that they will not sell at the bottom of a cycle. So the longer people try to distress them thinking they will do one, the longer they will stay here. Unless they go bust of course

DazzleTommyDazzle

The whole thing is simple for me. Sisu made a decision a while ago that they will not sell at the bottom of a cycle. So the longer people try to distress them thinking they will do one, the longer they will stay here. Unless they go bust of course

Or until they realise they're not in a cycle, but on a slope.

Brylowes

You posted the same thing on a different topic? Anyway I'm sure you are on the wrong track utterly and completely. Anyone who buys CCFC will need to put £2-5M in each year just to get back to the Championship and stay there, even more to return to the Premier League. Wasps can't afford that sort of money it will screw Eastwoods plans. Wasps are buying land for housing and hotel development the profits from which will finance errrrm.... Wasps. They don't want CCFC it would be an albatross round their neck.
Why would they have to put in anything a year, if they just aquired the club, got everything
Under one roof and then did what everyone assumed SISU would do, sell it.

KG7

A larger sporting group I can understand but it would have to bring in considerable extra investment and won't be under the Wasps umbrella. Given that Wasps were negotiating with CCFC till relatively recently it seems unlikely, unless someone came along and made a better proposal that trumped continuing talks with CCFC. It is a morass whatever way you look at it.

Maybe they were just playing the game of negotiating - hence why Chris Anderson wanted everything in writing

Users who are viewing this thread